Yu Narukami vs. Tatsuya Suou

#51VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 2/17/2013 6:42:32 PM
CaptainSackboy posted...
Zero 0083 posted...
Kinda hard to pick Tatsuya Suou when...

He fails to save Maya and Nyarlothep screws up his world big time. Even when Maya is brought back, he can't have her because her life depends on it.

Meanwhile, Yu overpowered Izanami with Izanagi no Okami, saving Inaba, and managed to have all his friends come out of it just fine. I think I'll pick the guy who manages to get the happy ending.

Not a legit thing to say considering that Tatsuya had no control over that due to the rumor regarding the lance that stabbed thie person claming that any wound that is inflicted by it can't be healed.

And the only reason Nyarlathotep was able to commit the crimes he did on one reality was because Philemon made all of the characters pay the price for wanting to revive a certain someone.

Also, Persona 4 is a happier game so the protagonist will obviously have a happier ending.

Man the ending to Persona 2 Innocent Sin was just too depressing. The ending to Eternal Punishment was freakin' crazy!

Also how a rumor leading to such a tragic demise when everything was finally starting to look better was just terrible irony.
#52CaptainSackboyPosted 2/17/2013 6:49:33 PM
If only Atlus would make some Persona 2 spinoffs like they do with 3 and 4 so I can see the characters I grew so attached to again. :P
#53kratoscar2008Posted 2/17/2013 6:51:46 PM
Zero 0083 posted...

He fails to save Maya and Nyarlothep screws up his world big time. Even when Maya is brought back, he can't have her because her life depends on it.

Meanwhile, Yu overpowered Izanami with Izanagi no Okami, saving Inaba, and managed to have all his friends come out of it just fine. I think I'll pick the guy who manages to get the happy ending.

Thats like giving a prize to the guy that hit a granny in the face and and giving the middle finger to the guy that knocked a man, its not really a fair trade.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#54GSSAGE7Posted 2/17/2013 7:25:07 PM
CaptainSackboy posted...
If only Atlus would make some Persona 2 spinoffs like they do with 3 and 4 so I can see the characters I grew so attached to again. :P

As I recall, there was an amazing amount of fluff to Persona 2. Granted, most of it wasn't exported.
#55Crok425Posted 2/18/2013 4:16:38 AM
Zero 0083 posted...

That tells you that Tatsuya went through a lot of crap. He didn't failed to save Maya, the rumors made the Longinus a b*tch that you can't heal when you're wounded. Besides you said it, Yu saved Inaba while Tatsuya saved the whole world... and a fraction of it in the other side where he must live and his friends are fine in the EP timeline.
Yu is a wimp compared to Tatsuya.
#56Crimson-hairedPosted 2/18/2013 4:48:28 AM
TC should make Minato Arisato vs. Tatsuya Suou/

Anyway, um... Yu-kun and Ta-chan... This is hard...
Yu is 1m80 however Tatsuya is 1m81, therefore Tatsuya wins.
---
The official Adam of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#57Zero 0083Posted 2/18/2013 8:54:01 AM
Crok425 posted...
Zero 0083 posted...

That tells you that Tatsuya went through a lot of crap. He didn't failed to save Maya, the rumors made the Longinus a b*tch that you can't heal when you're wounded. Besides you said it, Yu saved Inaba while Tatsuya saved the whole world... and a fraction of it in the other side where he must live and his friends are fine in the EP timeline.

I wouldn't say that Tatsuya saved the world per se. After all, Tatsuya didn't exactly save the world in IS...
---
*Official Junk Tech and Pilot of the Final Gundam*
APPROVED (if for no other reason than the horrid acronyms) ~ Lowe Gear
#58kratoscar2008Posted 2/18/2013 8:58:07 AM
Zero 0083 posted...
Crok425 posted...
Zero 0083 posted...

I wouldn't say that Tatsuya saved the world per se. After all, Tatsuya didn't exactly save the world in IS...

But he saved the EP world (Even if its was his fault to beging with), and you should take in account the kind of enemy they faced, thats why even if Minato died at the end he accomplished much more than Yu ever did, because Yu "Trials" werent as difficult as the others MCs.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#59FireflyV_ONEPosted 2/18/2013 9:26:30 AM
Comparing Nyarlathotep to Izanami is like comparing a Texas-sized meteor on a collision course for Earth to one of those toy guns that shoot wooden corks. The fact that Tatsuya could fight him is more impressive than anything Yu's ever done.

Tatsuya survived a universe ending, he fought Nyarlathotep, and he has cooler hair.

Oh and he can stop time.
---
PSN: Alaster_Angelo
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jn7vfYqd1qi7eg5o1_1280.jpg
#60GSSAGE7Posted 2/18/2013 9:32:30 AM
FireflyV_ONE posted...
Comparing Nyarlathotep to Izanami is like comparing a Texas-sized meteor on a collision course for Earth to one of those toy guns that shoot wooden corks. The fact that Tatsuya could fight him is more impressive than anything Yu's ever done.

Tatsuya survived a universe ending, he fought Nyarlathotep, and he has cooler hair.

Oh and he can stop time.

9 other people were able to fight Nyarlathotep, 4 of which didn't survive the universe ending, you know, because HE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO, AND THE ENTIRE EVENTS OF THE SECOND GAME ARE BECAUSE HE DIDWHY DO PEOPLE KEEP ACTING LIKE THAT WAS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF. Sorry, but that particular example is becoming a pet peeve of mine.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sell us on what makes Tatsuya any better than the other party members in Persona 2.

Also, stop time, what? Was that in Eternal Punishment? That sounds more like something Jun should be able to do.