About to start this game for the first time, my first Persona game, any tips?

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 2/17/2013 4:12:21 PM
Anything I need to know before playing this game? Tips for me because I'm a noobie to this series?
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#2GaboadoPosted 2/17/2013 4:14:11 PM
Donīt be a pimp.
#3GSSAGE7Posted 2/17/2013 4:15:31 PM
1) The game ends when the MC goes down, no matter how high your other party member's health is. That's to make up for the fact that he's the only one who can switch Personas (and weaknesses).
2) Your party members can't switch Personas. I know I just said that, but most people don't know that at first.
3) Upgrade your Personas as often as you can. Your party member's personas level up faster than yours, so the best way to keep up is through fusing.

That should be enough for the start, at least.
#4KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:18:06 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
1) The game ends when the MC goes down, no matter how high your other party member's health is. That's to make up for the fact that he's the only one who can switch Personas (and weaknesses).
2) Your party members can't switch Personas. I know I just said that, but most people don't know that at first.
3) Upgrade your Personas as often as you can. Your party member's personas level up faster than yours, so the best way to keep up is through fusing.

I should probably start the game because I have no idea what any of those are besides Personas which I assume are like Angel beings that only appear when your character shoots themselves in the head.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#5defunct32Posted 2/17/2013 4:20:01 PM(edited)
Don't worry too much about Hardcore Risette Fan Trophy.
#6GSSAGE7Posted 2/17/2013 4:21:12 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

I should probably start the game because I have no idea what any of those are besides Personas which I assume are like Angel beings that only appear when your character shoots themselves in the head.

You don't shoot yourself in the head in this game. You destroy tarot cards.
Also, while some are angels, others are demons, and some more are gods.
#7XGenkaiXPosted 2/17/2013 4:33:08 PM
1) During battle when you're using Yu Narukami/MC, go to tactics and switch Yosuke into Direct Command. This allows you to control the character instead of a computer.

2) I usually try to complete a dungeon in one day because you want as much time maximizing your social links to level up your persona when you're fusing them.

3) Never go back home doing nothing :)
---
PSN: FrozenLeafz
SSFIV: M.Bison/Sakura, UMVC3: Tron/Dormammu/Akuma, TTT2: Asuka/Lars, P4A: Aigis/Yu/Naoto.
#8porkins_da_manPosted 2/17/2013 5:43:42 PM
1. Be sure to have a persona of every affinity (Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning) and keep track of weaknesses

2. Sell materials to get better equipment

3. If you try and date every girl, by the end you're gonna have a bad time

4. Don't blow off social links, they are crucial to having powerful personas

5. Some links REQUIRE a certain social status (Courage, Knowledge, Diligence, etc) to continue

6. Always take direct control of party members

7. Game ends when YOU die, period. Also, Hama and Mudo = instant death so be careful
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#9natchu96Posted 2/17/2013 7:42:08 PM
Don't worry about ditching your starting persona, Izanagi. You can always get him back later on, and in the long run he kind of sucks unless you grind for money/skill cards and get stat boosts in Shuffle Time, which occurs after some battles and does various things depending on what cards you pick.

Do not neglect buff and debuff skills.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)
#10NEKORODEOPosted 2/17/2013 7:51:04 PM
DO NOT USE ANY WALKTHROUGHS! (too much to easily spoil) Also level Rise ASAP. She's a life saver..
---
"if you're EMO and still alive, then you're just a POSER looking for attention." -RR