So who is the strongest character/being in the Persona series? *Spoilers*

#21kratoscar2008Posted 2/17/2013 9:17:25 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
Final_gale posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
He also said Lisa is like Chie which is a plus in book. Guessing she's the not the main love interest though (if the game has one)

She's actually like a mix of Chie and Rise. She has Chie's kung fu interests and is attracted to Tatsuya like Rise is to Yu.

You forgot Lisa's brief idol subplot. I think she's one in Eternal Punishment too.

She ia popular like Yukiko and she smacks her good friend Eikichi (Original Bro of Persona series)
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#22kratoscar2008Posted 2/17/2013 9:20:31 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
^oh don't worry, it wasn't a professional review. It was by this random guy on YouTube and it wasn't negative or anything. He also said Lisa is like Chie which is a plus in book. Guessing she's the not the main love interest though (if the game has one)

GameSpot is a joke. I don't ever read their reviews. Occasionally I use IGN and GameTrailers as a reference but I don't values theirs much either. Most games I just rely on YouTube and/or Message Boards

Well Persona 2 IS has like the protopype of SLs, at some point you can choose Maya, Lisa or a guy as lovers for Tatsuya, the benefit you get is a special demon contact.

I read several users review here and make my desition, it has worked so far.
---
#23DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/17/2013 9:20:43 PM
Lisa also has a pretty cool backstory.

Then again, almost everyone in P2 did.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#24regularsharpPosted 2/17/2013 9:22:16 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
Weird thing is that Igor is pretty much one of the only supernatural being in all of SMT that is honestly on your side, no tricks. In the other SMT games, to get demons you have to bribe, intimidate, or otherwise force them to help you. Either that, or they're like Lucifer, who has his own goals and more often than not tries to trick you. Hell, even Philemon has his own plans that aren't necessarily to your benefit.

Igor says he'll help you, and he does. Dude doesn't tell you to do anything specific, he just does his fusions to make better personas for you. No joke, the creepy guy with the molestor aura is probably the nicest guy in all of SMT.

Precisely. Having him be a bonus boss wouldn't sit well with me, as I've stated. But, if he's not to be included in P5, I'd at least like a non-combative cameo...

He'd better be there, dammit.
#25kratoscar2008Posted 2/17/2013 9:24:51 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
Lisa also has a pretty cool backstory.

Then again, almost everyone in P2 did.

I think P2 has better character development than P3&P4 because of how well they play the characters trought the plot and conversations you get when visiting some places.
---
#26metamaraPosted 2/18/2013 3:42:09 AM
Nyar or philemon, i guess.
#27GSSAGE7Posted 2/18/2013 4:04:04 AM
metamara posted...
Nyar or philemon, i guess.

Nyx isn't even in the running?
#28Zero 0083Posted 2/18/2013 6:09:12 AM
regularsharp posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
They should include a Igor boss fight in P5

I just hope they include Igor. Period.

His Japanese voice actor died, and I guess he was somewhat iconic, so of course there's speculation about his inclusion in the next installment...

I wonder how far along in their development they were when he died.... Maybe that's the reason there's no decent information on P5...?

Oh, but I guess they could still include him as JUST a hidden boss using old voice clips without him actually being a major part of the game... That might be cool...

That said, I like the idea of him maintaining his creepy, "oh my god this guy is OBVIOUSLY the villain strictly on appearance" vibe, if only because he's the constant in Persona, and has only ever presented himself as a gentleman that's 100% non-judgmentally on your side, regardless of the path you take, and breaking that trait would be... wrong?

*shrugs*

What they could do is bring back Philemon and have him take Igor's role, sorta like how Persona 4 The Animation had Margaret do most of the intros as a result of Igor's seiyuu being dead. It's a thought, but it's quite plausible, especially since Philemon has been absent for two games.
---
*Official Junk Tech and Pilot of the Final Gundam*
APPROVED (if for no other reason than the horrid acronyms) ~ Lowe Gear
#29TwilightEchoesPosted 2/18/2013 6:42:36 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...
While his present strength is unknown, at his prime, Philemon is probably the strongest, barring Nyx.

Isn't Philemon weak now, since he had to recreate the world after Nyarlathotep succeded in destroying it in Innocent Sin?
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#30metamaraPosted 2/18/2013 7:13:12 AM
We don't know how nyx performs against non-human entities.