Whats the difference between Persona 2 innocent sin and eternal punishment?

#11FScellPosted 2/19/2013 10:50:48 AM
Even there it is vastly overshadowed by complaints over the battle system, tarot cards, encounter rates, dungeons, ect.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#12kratoscar2008Posted 2/19/2013 10:55:00 AM
FScell posted...
Even there it is vastly overshadowed by complaints over the battle system, tarot cards, encounter rates, dungeons, ect.

Anyone that cant withstand Persona 2 encounter rate is a noob, FF2 had worst encounter rates like that.

Aniway their loss.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#13FScellPosted 2/19/2013 10:57:10 AM
There are games with far worse encounter rates.. but that doesn't really excuse anything.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#14wwwgippal2Posted 2/19/2013 11:17:13 AM
kratoscar2008 posted...
wwwgippal2 posted...
The games have aged so horribly that no one would blame you if you hate them. Even if their story is awesome.

I would blame them, i really dont like Graphic Whores.

Way to put words in my mouth.

The whole structure of the game is dated. Balancing, random encounter rate, battle system.
---
sry fur me bad enlish,im form usa
#15sevihaimerejPosted 2/19/2013 1:45:58 PM
wwwgippal2 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
wwwgippal2 posted...
The games have aged so horribly that no one would blame you if you hate them. Even if their story is awesome.

The whole structure of the game is dated. Balancing, random encounter rate, battle system.

Pretty much all RPGs from that error suffer similar MINOR issues but are still regarded very highly to this day. If you care to elaborate on how these aspects of the gamie are so ancient as to render the gameplay unenjoyable I would be welcome to hear it. Otherwise I will assure TC that P2:IS/Ep is one of the best RPG experiences out there and I will never understand all the hating and bashing that it gets here.
---
The Official Harihara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"Oh God! I was just imagining if dogs could talk."-Zach Galifianakis
#16wwwgippal2Posted 2/19/2013 1:59:32 PM
sevihaimerej posted...
wwwgippal2 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
wwwgippal2 posted...

Pretty much all RPGs from that error suffer similar MINOR issues but are still regarded very highly to this day. If you care to elaborate on how these aspects of the gamie are so ancient as to render the gameplay unenjoyable I would be welcome to hear it. Otherwise I will assure TC that P2:IS/Ep is one of the best RPG experiences out there and I will never understand all the hating and bashing that it gets here.

I'm not hating it and I'm not bashing it, there's just no reason to get it if you can play something better. Gaming evolves and sometimes, some games just stay behind.
---
sry fur me bad enlish,im form usa
#17kratoscar2008Posted 2/19/2013 2:14:48 PM
sevihaimerej posted...
wwwgippal2 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
wwwgippal2 posted...

well its as a result of spoiling the crowd, now days everyone likes hand holding and then will bash at any game that doesnt feature a journal fo example.

And is a shame, people that enjoy FF XIII will not bother with pre PS2 FF games because they sont have voice acting or just merely because they arent realist (See FF9&7), the same here.

Their loss aniway, if P5 decides to tie all the series must people wont be able to enjoy the story as we would.
---
#18SmashStrikePosted 2/19/2013 2:23:21 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
FScell posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
wwwgippal2 posted...

Graphics are not how the games have aged.

But is definitely one of the major reasons, i know gameplay isnt exactly the best but is still good.

...No. That would be P3/P4. Not really the best gameplay but still good. P2's was pretty bad. I guess I just have different criteria for "good gameplay."
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#19kratoscar2008Posted 2/19/2013 2:28:08 PM
SmashStrike posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
FScell posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
wwwgippal2 posted...

Graphics are not how the games have aged.

But is definitely one of the major reasons, i know gameplay isnt exactly the best but is still good.

...No. That would be P3/P4. Not really the best gameplay but still good. P2's was pretty bad. I guess I just have different criteria for "good gameplay."

nah you are just picky. P2 battle system is still good P3&P4 are good but they arent all that different.
---
#20Inertion5Posted 2/19/2013 2:32:30 PM
To be fair every Persona game has a really bad gameplay.

P1 and P2 had ridiculous dungeons that weren't so fun to explore after you play the game for a while. Negotiations were awful and fusing was tedious. Story was good in both games, I even enjoyed P1's story.

P3 and P4 has the calendar system which automatically makes the story move at incredibly slow pace. Social links were implemented as a side story to make the game seem fresh and interesting but I just didn't find the charms of it. Social links were a chore for me and rarely did a character have any actual real problems. Some did tho, but I just couldn't bring myself to care about unimportant characters.
Dungeons are bland as usual. Tartarus is no worse than P4's multiple dungeons in my opinion. Every MegaTen game suffers from having places that are a chore to explore. Give us an area like Calm Lands in FFX or something that isn't a ****ing dungeon.
Story is pretty good in P3 and characters weren't idiots. P4 is meh, whatever.
---
Kuxal was previous username. In case all my hardcore fans wish to know.