Shadow Yukiko has to be one of the cheapest bosses I have ever fought.

#1GoldenrodradioPosted 2/19/2013 6:17:24 AM
Right when you think you're going to win she cases agi on MC, agi on Chie, and double fang on MC in the same turn making it a OHKO even with full health.

what a birdy b****
#2GSSAGE7Posted 2/19/2013 6:20:59 AM
It's your own damn fault for fighting a fire-using boss with a persona weak to fire.
The bosses in Atlus games don't play fair. Don't give them an excuse.
#3LinkofHyrule991Posted 2/19/2013 6:30:45 AM
You never want to have a persona that is weak to fire equipped while fighting her.

Here's a pro-strat, get a slime and level it until it learns Red Wall, and then fuse it into something else that is neutral or resist fire such as Orobas. Try to keep Red Wall up on Chie the whole time to keep her from getting knocked down and Yukiko from getting extra turns
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#4Goldenrodradio(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 6:33:57 AM
OOOOH OH OOOOH.

Ok I thought it was the characters themselves that were weak against those types not their personas.

I'm dumb.
#5Franzise_DPosted 2/19/2013 6:35:37 AM
Play Vanilla P4 and get back to me. Shadow Yukiko is pathetic in Golden compared to her original version.

Like the others said, cover your fire weaknesses and you'll do fine.
#6GSSAGE7Posted 2/19/2013 6:41:47 AM
Goldenrodradio posted...
OOOOH OH OOOOH.

Ok I thought it was the characters themselves that were weak against those types not their personas.

I'm dumb.

Their Personas define what they are weak to. Every character is bound to their Persona, EXCEPT the main character. So Chie is always going to be weak to fire, and Yosuke will always be weak to electricity.

To solve the issue with Chie, make a Persona who knows Red Wall, to give her a temporary resistance to Fire.
#7demunpuncherPosted 2/19/2013 7:22:58 AM
Don't take a Persona with a fire weakness and when it has White Wall up defend with Chie. Boom, no more knockdowns or One Mores.
#8deathsaber79Posted 2/19/2013 9:54:08 AM
Boss lesson number 1

When you face a boss and find out what element their main attacks are- don't use a Persona on the MC that is weak to that attack. If you one thats strong to that element (or even absorbs its attack type) all the better.

Other party members matter less- but always make sure your MC is never weak to whatever you are facing (which you can do since you have the luxury of switching his persona, and therefore his stats).
#9yukaru00Posted 2/19/2013 10:23:54 AM
Use Yoshitsune, buff him up with Mind Charge and perform Hassou Tobi. You'll do good unless you are in your first playthrough. Good luck then.
#10Inertion5Posted 2/19/2013 10:24:55 AM
Shadow Yukiko is nowhere near as cheap as other SMT bosses.
Hitoshura in DDS wins the title of being the cheapest I believe.
---
Kuxal was previous username. In case all my hardcore fans wish to know.