NG+ question

#1FiendEmperorPosted 2/20/2013 12:03:32 PM
should i rush through a first playthrough just to be able to access ng+ and then make that one my 'main file'?
#2LeariiPosted 2/20/2013 12:15:18 PM
FiendEmperor posted...
should i rush through a first playthrough just to be able to access ng+ and then make that one my 'main file'?

up to you NG+ let you kep your money,items,and in weapon shop he still have all the weapons that he made already you just need to buy them, what not carry over are quests, all the S.Link and no level
#3demunpuncherPosted 2/20/2013 12:30:44 PM
Just gonna say, it'd be much easier to rush through NG+ as you'll have access to the overpowered Personas you register in the Compendium, of course, you could just play on Very Easy and be in the 50's by the third dungeon, up to you. But to slightly correct Learli, items do NOT carry over, only maxed S. Link key items do, everything else is removed from your inventory.
#4FiendEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 12:55:56 PM
what gets added in ng+ in terms of story, level caps, available items etc.?
i don't think carry overs will effect my decision.
#5demunpuncherPosted 2/20/2013 1:01:14 PM
There are no new level caps (always 99) or items (the unlocked ones in Daidara are available from the start though), and there's only one Persona that's only available in NG+ as long as you got the true ending in NG. However, there are some dialogue options that are technically only available in NG+ as you'd normally lack the required social stat level (usually Courage). Two of the S. Links (Sun and Strength) have 2 different NPCs/clubs associated with each (drama and band for Sun, basketball and soccer for Strength), the NPC you choose makes the storyline for the link different.
#6FiendEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 4:37:31 PM
Thank you Demun. I believe that i will not rush thorough to ng+. many thanks.