Should I play Nocturne/DDS next?

#1redmangoosePosted 2/26/2013 12:57:26 PM
I actually don't own P4G but I'm posting here since the boards are so much more lively.
I'm doing a NG+ run for P3FES right now and might start one for P4 once I'm done. But I was also thinking about doing Nocturne and DDS as well and alternating between the three games since I'm in a bit of an SMT phase(roommates and friends are getting into it, three new titles coming out this year for 3DS, franchise is blowing up, I love it, yadda yadda yadda).

I've played Devil Survivor 1 and 2 and loved them both, and also a couple chapters of Strange Journey(quit after a while) which is supposedly just like the old school SMT, and similar to Nocturne dungeon wise I heard.
I want to give Nocturne a shot but since I didn't like the long complicated maps and annoying trap tiles in SJ, I'm somewhat hesitant on purchasing it. As for DDS I enjoy a good story and characters but I'm also a little disappointing that it doesn't include the fusion system like the other games.
Should I get these games still? They are going for 18-20 new on Amazon.
#2kratoscar2008Posted 2/26/2013 1:58:57 PM
Well Nocturne and Strange Journey share the complex dungeon designs with traps and all, demon fusion is basically the same however since Nocturne uses the press turn system and your demons evolve and learn skills as they level up i say that fusion in Nocturne is the best in the series so far. Do note though that Nocturne and DDS are more dungeon crawlers than story based games and character development in Nocturne is quite hard to see, is there but you forget because of how little exposition you get in story.

DDS has great character development, basically they are mindless drones in the beggining and as the story moves they learn about emotions and deal with them (To me its character development is better than Persona), while it doesnt have fusion its still awesome because you are a demon rather than a human with demons, and imo DDS has the hardest bonus bosses in RPG history.

Both are great you cant lose getting one or the other, i got both and i dont regret it on bit.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#3demonsword765Posted 2/26/2013 2:36:33 PM
If I have to choose one over the other, I go with DDS. Nothing against Nocturne, just that I don't find it particularly stimulating story-wise.
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!