P3P vs P4G

#1MishimaBloodPosted 3/1/2013 5:48:49 AM
Rate them separately in terms of Story, Gameplay,Characters.
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#2PitchBlackFoxPosted 3/1/2013 5:52:55 AM
Story - P3
Gameplay - P4
Characters - P3

P3>P4, but P3P<P4G
---
Best line in FFXIII? Auron000: "The first 10 chapters."
I like my women like I like my mecha wolves, on all fours crying
#3kratoscar2008Posted 3/1/2013 5:59:19 AM
Mitsuru>Anything in P4G.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#4Grayw0lfPosted 3/1/2013 6:05:00 AM
Story - P3P
Gameplay - P4G
Characters - P3P
Mitsuru is a goddess
#5Rogue_ThoughtsPosted 3/1/2013 6:06:34 AM
Mechanically, P4G is better. Mainly because of fusion. However, I do prefer analyzing in P3 over P4.

Everything else goes to P3. Story, characters, atmosphere, etc. Story was better paced and more intriguing, and characters a lot more relatable and dimensional.
#6BlazeVXPosted 3/1/2013 6:13:16 AM
Story - P3P
Gameplay - P3P
Characters - P3P
Demons - P4G
#7ConMan8Posted 3/1/2013 9:51:43 AM
BlazeVX posted...
Story - P3P
Gameplay - P3P
Characters - P3P
Demons - P4G

I'm gonna go with this one.

How could anyone think that P4G has better gameplay? It's so frickin' easy.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#8Inertion5Posted 3/1/2013 10:04:52 AM
FES is better than P3P tho.
---
Kuxal was previous username. In case all my hardcore fans wish to know.
#9topgamer101Posted 3/1/2013 1:02:48 PM
I played FES, but I know several of the game play changes came from 4 to sort of make the game a little less frustrating at points.

Story: P3
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed P4 story, but the life/death context of P3 and how the characters dealt with those issues was what made that a really deep story. Really liked it for that.
Game play: P4
Like I said I know P3P has improvements, but I'd still say P4G mechanically worked the best for game play. The only thing I wish is that I could still choose my own weapon like in P3FES. Wanted to use my fist weapons again and punch some shadows out.
Characters: Unsure
This one is hard for me. I love the characters of both but for different reasons. In P3 everyone's individual story was nicely fleshed out and it felt like we had all come together do to the ties that bind us through life and death and the seriousness of the situation.
In P4, it's a bit more light heart and scooby-doo in a way, but I felt a stronger connection to the entire IT as the story went on.
It's hard to explain. I find the characters from both fun and interesting. If I had to give an edge to either though, I'd have to say P4G, simply because of Naoto. <3
---
Games playing: Walking Dead, Xcom
#10ImrainaPosted 3/1/2013 1:14:18 PM
Personal preference. But yeah - I like the overall tone of the story in P3 more, but I think it had some pacing problems. You often felt like you're just waiting for something, anything to happen. And waited... So did P4, but for some reason it didn't bother me that much there, so I figure they handled it a bit better?
It's tough to say which cast I prefer more. I'd probably go with P4, though undoubtedly P3 has great characters as well, but it took me a while to warm up to them, while P4 characters I liked pretty much straight away.
Gameplay-wise P4 basically takes P3 formula and refines it further and P4G is obviouslly only better in that aspect. However, some changes made in P4G can potentially make the game incredibly easy (golden hands, skills cards, stat cards, choosing which skills to pass on).

Overall, though, I like P4G more. Mechanically, it's a better game, it certainly looks better, as it's a Vita game. YMMV on the story and characters, I like both about equally. I probably wouldn't feel P3P is worth playing over P3FES at all, though, if it weren't for the feMC route.

In short, for me - P4G > P3FES > P3P