Best JRPG ever. *possible spoilers*

#1RolandHazotoPosted 3/2/2013 3:20:18 PM
So I finally finished my first playthrough last night, and I gotta say, this is the best JRPG I have played to date.

I enjoyed the characters greatly, the plot twists were solid, and the gameplay was fun.

I cannot think of another game that has had me laughing so wholeheatedly and so frequently.
This is the first SMT game I have played to completion. I'm tempted to go back and restart 3FES but I dunno if I'd be okay with the regression in gameplay. (though many seem to think the story is better in 3...)
#2Safros93Posted 3/2/2013 3:29:34 PM
Hm, do you play a lot of RPGs?
Because as an RPG, this game is rather average, it really exceeds more as a social sim. I felt the RPG parts were the worst part of the game.
#3Bronze_StuffPosted 3/2/2013 3:37:14 PM
I found Tales of Destiny remake to be far better than this. In like... Every possible way.
---
Jimbo.
#4Grayw0lfPosted 3/2/2013 3:37:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Inertion5Posted 3/2/2013 3:40:17 PM
Not even close in being the best.
---
Kuxal was previous username. In case all my hardcore fans wish to know.
#6LightOfJudgmentPosted 3/2/2013 3:45:05 PM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
I found Tales of Destiny remake to be far better than this. In like... Every possible way.

Too bad that one never got localized...

*sigh* If only.
---
Awaiting/Want: Tales of Xillia
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zerus/fail2-12.jpg
#7GameNextPosted 3/2/2013 3:46:41 PM
I'm with you TC, even if the world is at your throat!
#8The_LimitPosted 3/2/2013 3:48:00 PM
lol @ people trying to debunk opinions
---
Add me! PSN: TheLimit32 TTGL 4everrr!
Yoko <3 http://i.imgur.com/FOnn1Pb.png
#9ChibiDeidaraPosted 3/2/2013 3:53:52 PM
The best part in the game

it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#10BlazeVXPosted 3/2/2013 3:55:02 PM
Safros93 posted...
Hm, do you play a lot of RPGs?
Because as an RPG, this game is rather average, it really exceeds more as a social sim. I felt the RPG parts were the worst part of the game.

This. P4 actually reduced the amount of time spent in the actual dungeon by having less floors and enemies and having more emphasis on its dating I mean social sim.