I don't understand the logic behind Lucifer being a controllable Persona

#1SailorSatournePosted 3/4/2013 3:25:27 PM
Creator of the Cosmos, The Laws It Abides By and Miscellaneous Awesome Things Like Bacon asks Lucifer to obey him, it's all "revolt" this and "fight the power" that.

But when a high school kid whose probably just barely started growing hair on his chest asks Lucifer to obey him, it's all "Yes, Master".

I dungeddit.
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#2Inertion5Posted 3/4/2013 3:28:15 PM
I always was under impression that Personae are something like avatars of demons. Personae can't talk, act on their own, nothing.

So they're not exactly anything special and can't compare to actual demons.
---
Kuxal was previous username. In case all my hardcore fans wish to know.
#3edge_of_painPosted 3/4/2013 3:29:45 PM
Agreed with Inertion. Pretty sure the real Lucifer wouldn't take **** from anyone much less a high school kid.
#4kratoscar2008Posted 3/4/2013 3:34:23 PM
Personas arent true demons, Personas are based on human perception about their deities and such that comes from its psyche.

If they were true demons Izanami would be screwed facing Lucifer or beelzebub.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#5darker95Posted 3/4/2013 5:09:05 PM
Persona can talk though. when you fuse lucifer he says a smartass line.

persona sayswhen gods, deities, warriors, demons, and angels die they go to the sea of conciousness where people can summon them to take on their power
---
Understand that there is no joy. Cry, that there is no eternal punishment! Where there are new fans, there is money. I, myself, cry for you humans!-Nyrathothep
#6SvenyipPosted 3/4/2013 5:18:09 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
Personas arent true demons, Personas are based on human perception about their deities and such that comes from its psyche.

Agreed. If a Persona is a facade you put up to have the power to deal with life's challenges, arguably it's an interpretation of how you perceive Lucifer would be as opposed to the genuine article.

It'd be kinda interesting if OVER-using a Persona could actually attract the attention of the real thing. If you use Lucifer for 100 fights, you hear a voice from below: "Okay, cut it out - I don't look ANYTHING like that and you're embarrassing me." Then a giant foot squashes your entire party.
---
"Hey, the enemy's weak to fire! That's hot."
#7terran3999999Posted 3/4/2013 6:56:58 PM
^That made me chuckle but whose to say that Luci has to be some giant ass being?

But yeah Personae=/=demons from regular SMT games. Besides Lucifer has 'bowed down' to a few other people before.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#8TluhdatsiPosted 3/4/2013 7:01:33 PM
They have other forms of him, too, like Satan and Helel. Maybe God shattered him into fragments, and none of them are strong enough to resist the MC's power.
---
"We have a Constitution to protect us from the rule of 'most reasonable people'." -Butters (not the one from South Park)
#9terran3999999Posted 3/4/2013 7:21:29 PM
^No, just no.

Satan and Lucifer were two different beings from the very beginning. Seriously, learn the difference between the main SMT franchise and Persona one before foolishly saying something.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#10RasolisuPosted 3/4/2013 7:57:41 PM
A persona is never the real demon, it is just an avatar.