Atlus having problems coming up with a P5 story? *spoilers*

#41Nightmare637Posted 3/14/2013 1:56:31 PM
isen't there a P5 board?
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#42AIVTPosted 3/14/2013 4:30:40 PM
Well, if P3 dealed with evokers, releasing the facade of the mind, and P4 with the TV, as to satisfy one's curiosity with the "window" that allowed them to see into other people...

I would guess...

Persona 5 would deal with dreams.

Come on, think about it. All the persona games deal with the ego of a person and on how they wear these masks to face with everyday life. P5 could introduce the concept of dreams as another way of showcasing one's psyche and tap into their potential. It would be something like the MC being able to discover his persona while dreaming because it serves as the medium for his subconscious. Something that he cannot control and that he doesn't know is a part of him. And it goes that after some crucial events and conditioning, he is able to control his subconscious through his dreams.

The battle sequence and persona would be the same, it's just that instead of shooting one's head, they would resort to closing their eyes briefly, (tapping into their persona) and releasing that psyche to deal damage to the enemy.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0052-0632 / PSN: Gelo666
#43kratoscar2008Posted 3/14/2013 4:35:04 PM
AIVT posted...
Well, if P3 dealed with evokers, releasing the facade of the mind, and P4 with the TV, as to satisfy one's curiosity with the "window" that allowed them to see into other people...

I would guess...

Persona 5 would deal with dreams.

Come on, think about it. All the persona games deal with the ego of a person and on how they wear these masks to face with everyday life. P5 could introduce the concept of dreams as another way of showcasing one's psyche and tap into their potential. It would be something like the MC being able to discover his persona while dreaming because it serves as the medium for his subconscious. Something that he cannot control and that he doesn't know is a part of him. And it goes that after some crucial events and conditioning, he is able to control his subconscious through his dreams.

The battle sequence and persona would be the same, it's just that instead of shooting one's head, they would resort to closing their eyes briefly, (tapping into their persona) and releasing that psyche to deal damage to the enemy.

Chaterine already did it so it would be redundant.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#44Haahahaha(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 5:44:47 PM
Mirrors?

/TrueselfRemix
---
"Who cares if you are good at black ops 2, it's a bruised game anyways!"
#45NegaArchonPosted 3/14/2013 8:16:06 PM
If Persona 5 is like Persona 4, I'm not buying it.
---
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. ~ Carl Sagan
#46NegaArchonPosted 3/14/2013 8:26:36 PM
Sorry to double post but I can't edit so boo:

I think that Personas 3 and 4 were great games in their own rite, but one of the things Atlus does well is take things in new directions. If Persona 5 has Social Links, I might buy it so long as it doesn't feel like another Persona 4, or reuse the majority of Persona 3 or 4's cast.

However, I'm hoping that Atlus will drop the Dating Sim aspects in favor of something new, or improve upon them to be far and away superior. The calendar system kills replayability to me, the only Social Links I find worth doing again are the ones I flubbed on (I'm looking at you, Mitsuru).

On the main topic, if it follows the P3/P4 characters, they most likely will be using Evokers or card-crushing again. As for a new story and new characters, my money is on a simple, no gimmicky summon animation.
---
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. ~ Carl Sagan
#47terran3999999Posted 3/14/2013 9:29:45 PM
Your opinion was thought out poorly.
Like yours wasn't? The only way you could even garner posts was pathetically label your topic title with something a troll would use.

Stay on topic.
Your topic was crap in the first place, why stay on it? You seem to have your head stuck up your ass and can't take any criticism. BTW since your head was so far up you also missed the memo that SMT has already said that Persona 5 will be going in a new direction, what that means is they might just ditch the whole summoning sequence or just that have summon it outright like in P1/P2.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#48GODDUKEMONEXAPosted 3/14/2013 9:44:21 PM
ahh very easy, all was based on internet and social networks, why? people can show their truth on the web, so, no dark hour, no midnight channel, will be WEB OBSCURA protagonists are capable of enter in the internet for fighting shadows
#49Nightmare637Posted 3/14/2013 10:01:59 PM
terran3999999 posted...
Like yours wasn't? The only way you could even garner posts was pathetically label your topic title with something a troll would use.

Stay on topic.
Your topic was crap in the first place, why stay on it? You seem to have your head stuck up your ass and can't take any criticism. BTW since your head was so far up you also missed the memo that SMT has already said that Persona 5 will be going in a new direction, what that means is they might just ditch the whole summoning sequence or just that have summon it outright like in P1/P2.

You mean ATLUS.

SMT diden't say anything.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#50Haahahaha(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 11:06:32 PM
terran3999999 posted...

Stay on topic.

You sounds upset. Maybe you should take a nap. You'll wake up feeling 'great'
---
"Who cares if you are good at black ops 2, it's a bruised game anyways!"