what can i do with inzanagi?

#1Burnsta89Posted 3/13/2013 6:41:49 PM
first time playing through, am about to save naoto, im halfway through that dungeon.

inzanagi wont learn any new moves, and i dont want to fuze him cause he's my personal persona but i dont want him there in my list being useless, i have bought some skill cards and taught him some new moves but as of now hes kinda useless
---
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/Burnsta/irish.jpg http://nickholmesonline.com/tumblr/can%27t%20stop%20looking%20at%20this.gif
#2Wackyman4857Posted 3/13/2013 6:45:16 PM
You can fuse a new Izanagi using Personas with better moves and have Izanagi inherit those better moves, but that requires a lot of specific fusing and you'd have to look a fusion guide if you want to get a specific movepool.

It's very possible to beat the game using an Izanagi. Plenty have done it, and it's much easier in P4G due to the Shuffle Time bonuses. You should get new Personas unless you want to make the effort to keep your Izanagi useful.
#3Simon_JeehaPosted 3/13/2013 6:47:27 PM
Give him skill cards and Skill LVL Ups and make him awesome! That's what I did.
---
Add me! PSN: TheLimit32 TTGL 4everrr!
Yoko <3 http://i.imgur.com/FOnn1Pb.png
#4canton kidPosted 3/13/2013 6:48:36 PM
this aint pokemon, get rid of him.... the point isnt to level up your personas to max... the point is to get them to a decent level with most/all learnable skills then fuze em

soemtimes i dont even learn all skills... just fuze the ones you find expendable at any given point

i did what your doing in persona 3 and learned fast to give up on having "my persona"
---
psn/wiiu: flyingdragon_903
3ds: 0259-0302-8546
#5The_DARK_FoXPosted 3/13/2013 8:56:57 PM
The whole point of the main character's power (The Fool) is to be able to wield different persona's. There are sooooo many of them that are WAY better than Izanagi, trust me. It's similar, but this isn't pokemon. No going around beating the Elite 4 with a level 99 Caterpie. I did it once. Felt so badass. But I digress, fuse more persona's as they all carry over to your new game plus when you register them.
---
I was once a scuba diver in a sea of words, now I zip along the surface like a guy on a jet ski. - Nicholas Carr
PSN: ChaosxPaladin
#6Umbris_LetalisPosted 3/13/2013 9:04:25 PM(edited)
As people have already said, it is wiser to just constantly fuse higher level persona so your MC grows in strength and has access to more powerful skills.

Do note that it isn't necessary to do this; because of skill cards and stat cards that you obtain during Shuffle Time it is easy to boost a lower tier persona to astronomical heights.

Since it's your first time through the game, I'd recommend going with the former. You're likely to play through the game again anyway.
---
PSN: LostRequiem1 - Feel free to add
Let's talk games on twitter! Hijinx_23
#7SkybladeNoxPosted 3/13/2013 9:13:02 PM
I really wonder why there are so many people that just refuse to get rid of Izanagi and insist on using it exclusively. A huge point of the game is to fuse and use as many personae as possible, tailoring them to your needs. They're not simply trading cards to be collected and immediately forgotten.
#8bufumanPosted 3/13/2013 9:52:26 PM
It's a game. People can play however they want.

Besides, thanks to the new Shuffle Time, building up any one Persona into a beast is easy as hell. I'm still using Izanagi in Heaven, and he's got like 55-60 in all stats (at level 65), plus moves like Vorpal Blade, all four attack-all -dyne spells, and Megidolaon. Asses are kicked and names are taken.
---
My associates are obviously grinning out of madness and perversion. It may be best for you to keep moving. ~Dominic Deegan
http://twitter.com/Bufuman
#9yukaru00Posted 3/14/2013 4:25:37 AM
I have given up on Izanagi after defeating Shadow Kanji, and I have given up Orpheus before defeating the first arcana boss.

Get rid of Izanagi for a better Persona with better moveset.
#10yukaru00Posted 3/14/2013 4:28:06 AM
bufuman posted...
It's a game. People can play however they want.

Besides, thanks to the new Shuffle Time, building up any one Persona into a beast is easy as hell. I'm still using Izanagi in Heaven, and he's got like 55-60 in all stats (at level 65), plus moves like Vorpal Blade, all four attack-all -dyne spells, and Megidolaon. Asses are kicked and names are taken.

I spam megidolaon on every shadow, using my Izanagi no Ookami. I only need that skill, alone.