Just found my old PS2 with persona 4 inside...

#1zman133Posted 3/14/2013 6:30:45 AM
...and can you believe I've never played it? Well, other than about an hour after I first got it. Loved Persona 3FES, so I have no idea why I just seemed to forget about 4. Anyways, I'm finally gonna star 4 and wanted to know, what am I missing by playing the PS2 version? I mean, I know there's a list/wiki that lists all the new features in the Vita version, but I'm more interested in knowing if any of the new feature are huge game changers.

(posted here since this board is more active than the PS2 version's)
---
Not deleting this sig until Nintendo announces a new 2D Zelda ~ 10/04/2007
#2Alias_NemesisPosted 3/14/2013 6:34:24 AM
You had Persona 4 Vanilla and never played it? and its ALREADY INSIDE YOUR PS2?!? BULL!!!

lol anyway, uummm.....the big difference i can tell from vanilla and Golden is...is...HAH! Portability! :)
---
PSN = Dudecough {Now Playing: Ni No Kuni & Persona 4:G}
http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif%5D - http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Super_Spice_Bros_64.swf
#3zman133(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:38:21 AM
You had Persona 4 Vanilla and never played it? and its ALREADY INSIDE YOUR PS2?!? BULL!!!

lol anyway, uummm.....the big difference i can tell from vanilla and Golden is...is...HAH! Portability! :)

haha, well I technically did play it, but for only about an hour. Y'know how it is when you get a new game, have to pop it into your console as soon as you get home. Can't quite remember why I never continued playing it though.
---
Not deleting this sig until Nintendo announces a new 2D Zelda ~ 10/04/2007
#4vhunter14Posted 3/14/2013 6:49:41 AM(edited)
Alias_nemesis posted...

Well there's new scenes, new personas, new social links, new characters(mostly related to scenes not playable in combat), Selectable costumes for in dungeons instead of just the school uniform(suit and shades for the win yo) and new special events for the game itself too like a skiing trip and i think a spa trip? I know there are some new animated scenes too.

Oh forgot too the main menu has a new tv listings where you can watch cutscenes you see in game (animated) or the openings to the game(animated music ones even the original on ps2), a music channel, and other little channels i have yet to look at.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#5Alias_NemesisPosted 3/14/2013 7:13:13 AM
vhunter14 posted...
Alias_nemesis posted...

Well there's new scenes, new personas, new social links, new characters(mostly related to scenes not playable in combat), Selectable costumes for in dungeons instead of just the school uniform(suit and shades for the win yo) and new special events for the game itself too like a skiing trip and i think a spa trip? I know there are some new animated scenes too.

Oh forgot too the main menu has a new tv listings where you can watch cutscenes you see in game (animated) or the openings to the game(animated music ones even the original on ps2), a music channel, and other little channels i have yet to look at.

zman133 specifically wrote "but I'm more interested in knowing if any of the new feature are huge game changers."

That's why i looked for a GAME CHANGER change...not all of them. I would've said all what u just did.

But Portability is probably the BIGGEST game difference between vanilla and golden imo.
---
PSN = Dudecough {Now Playing: Ni No Kuni & Persona 4:G}
http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif%5D - http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Super_Spice_Bros_64.swf
#6SailorSatournePosted 3/14/2013 7:44:13 AM
You'll be missing out on an epilogue, and an optional dungeon/storyline that tries to resolve a "plot hole" that went unaddressed in the original. I use quotation marks because I'm not sure that what it attempts to explain was really big enough to be considered a plot hole, but it's still nice.

Though, the epilogue and optional dungeon you could easily check on Youtube, so, unless you really want to experience them for yourself, you wouldn't be missing much by sticking to vanilla.
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#7terran3999999Posted 3/14/2013 8:02:51 AM
At least some of us know how to answer the TC's question instead of rambling like an idiot.

This link is mostly spoiler free except for a few minor stuff:

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_4_Golden

The differences are pretty huge, especially that new ending and the new Personae your teammates can get. If you already have a Vita I definitely recommend Golden over the original.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.