I'm not going to lie. Naoto's anime voice is good. Really good.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. I'm not going to lie. Naoto's anime voice is good. Really good.

User Info: PK_Gaming

PK_Gaming
3 years ago#1
Look, I love Naoto's ingame actor to death (whoever she is) and I despised the fact that they got someone else to do Naoto's voice in anime, but I gave it some thought and it really is perfect for Naoto.

The original actor might nail the "cool, matured and collected" aspect of naoto, but it unmistakably sounds like a girl. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn on the other hand maintains those previous desirable qualities, AND she sounds completely androgynous too.

So yeah, the anime voice Naoto was a pleasant surprise.
Westbrick why are you dismissing your critics with one liners and ad homiens? Didn't you want debate?
-Wandering__Hero

User Info: Skaldskaparmal

Skaldskaparmal
3 years ago#2
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as a 15/16 year old just sounds wrong to me, similar to when they get Wendee Lee to voice anyone under 30.

Well, I guess her game voice doesn't really sound like a teenager, either, though.

User Info: TowerBooks3192

TowerBooks3192
3 years ago#3
Her english or engrish VA? I cant remember the voices from the anime since it was all a blur. I mean I play english and prefer engrish anime.
Everyday is great at your Junes

User Info: demonsword765

demonsword765
3 years ago#4
Duh. She's the Major.
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!

User Info: yukaru00

yukaru00
3 years ago#5
Romi Park or the English VA?

User Info: PK_Gaming

PK_Gaming
3 years ago#6
I mentioned Mary Elizabeth McGlynn so... :d
Westbrick why are you dismissing your critics with one liners and ad homiens? Didn't you want debate?
-Wandering__Hero
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. I'm not going to lie. Naoto's anime voice is good. Really good.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived