How is the anime?

#1dano1126Posted 4/26/2013 8:43:20 AM
I'm a fan of this series, and I noticed the blu rays on amazon are on sale and was thinking about picking them up. I've seen some clips on YouTube and it looks pretty good. My question is, is this basically the same story as the game, or does it go deeper with the characters?
I'm assuming there is probably no scenes of them in dungeons doing their thing, and more of their everyday lives. And if you know is ATLUS responsible for this collection, or is it another party solely that produced these?
---
Living the dream!
PSN:dano1126
#2westontickleePosted 4/26/2013 8:44:38 AM
Horrible
---
Persona 5's theme should be redemption. It needs to redeem itself from the mess that was Persona 4
Official Balthier of the FFXV Board
#3The_DARK_FoXPosted 4/26/2013 9:02:06 AM(edited)
Don't listen to this guy.

The anime itself is fine. Sure, its not the greatest of animations. Sure, the game is vastly superior, but the different interpretation of the story, Narukami and the social links is what made it enjoyable to me. It was different from the game, and thus a new experience. Plus, seeing everything in motion is always a plus for any series.

If anything, you can go on youtube and search it up, there are various cutscenes that have been posted there.
---
I was once a scuba diver in a sea of words, now I zip along the surface like a guy on a jet ski. - Nicholas Carr
PSN: ChaosxPaladin
#4westontickleePosted 4/26/2013 9:16:03 AM
The_DARK_FoX posted...
Don't listen to this guy.

The anime itself is fine. Sure, its not the greatest of animations. Sure, the game is vastly superior, but the different interpretation of the story, Narukami and the social links is what made it enjoyable to me. It was different from the game, and thus a new experience. Plus, seeing everything in motion is always a plus for any series.

If anything, you can go on youtube and search it up, there are various cutscenes that have been posted there.

No. Don't listen to this guy. They made all of the characters even worse then they already were ifthat was even possibke. Even Chie got a downgrade. It was just terrible. A trainwreck
---
Persona 5's theme should be redemption. It needs to redeem itself from the mess that was Persona 4
#5zodiac_swordPosted 4/26/2013 9:17:27 AM
Don't listen to anybody.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#6LemonKweenstaaaPosted 4/26/2013 9:17:35 AM
Like the game, its a typical high school harem anime.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
31,795 > 66,980 -Sailor Goon
#7Inertion5Posted 4/26/2013 9:21:02 AM
It's pretty bad fanservice anime.
---
Kuxal was previous username. In case all my hardcore fans wish to know.
#8j-fielding95Posted 4/26/2013 9:51:25 AM
The anime is great, you should definitely try it. People complain about pointless crap like Narukami's personality, but all that aside it's an enjoyable retelling.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#9westontickleePosted 4/26/2013 10:02:24 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
The anime is great, you should definitely try it. People complain about pointless crap like Narukami's personality, but all that aside it's an enjoyable retelling.

No
---
#10j-fielding95Posted 4/26/2013 10:05:35 AM
westonticklee posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

No

Yes.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s