Getting vita for this but...

#1redhotrashPosted 4/28/2013 5:58:34 PM
I realize this may not be the best forum for this question, but Persona players are generally better people than other RPG fans. So anyhow, having loved this for the PS2 I knew I had to get it. A friend of mine is willing to part with his Vita but sadly I dunno much about the system or what it goes for. He is offering me a Vita with 3g, wifi, Play station all stars, a case, and a 4gb memory thingy for $200. I realize the memory will have to be upgraded, but is everything else acceptable for this price point? Anything I should ask? I just don't want to buy it and find out the system takes a price cut next month or anything like that.
#2redhotrash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 6:06:44 PM
Doh, I should also ask for any other game suggestions, based on my love for this franchise.
#3MilkmanfirePosted 4/28/2013 6:18:31 PM
but Persona players are generally better people than other RPG fans.

I can tell you're new to these boards. A lot of people on this board hate Persona 4 or it's characters and look down on the fanbase...but hmmm The 3G version I have no clue I have the Wi-fi version and don't you have to pay monthly on that version, regardless it seems like an Okay deal besides the memory card......By the way I like Persona 4 Golden, but I reccomened

Persona 4 Golden

Muramasa Rebirth(when it's out)

Soul Sacrifice

Ragnarok Odyssey

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland

Persona 3 Portable

Persona 2 Innocent sin remake

Dynasty Warriors Next

all top of my head suggestions
#4wilfredaPosted 4/28/2013 6:51:38 PM
Milkmanfire posted...
The 3G version I have no clue I have the Wi-fi version and don't you have to pay monthly on that version

Just a clarification, you're not required to buy a data plan if you have the 3G model. If you decide not to get the data plan you can turn off the mobile network so it won't ever try to connect that way.

As far as games, besides the ones already mentioned I also really enjoyed Gravity Rush. You can also download and play most PSP and PS1 Classics games.
---
my Persona 4: Golden complete costume gallery: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjAyDFtL (party spoilers possible)
#5CaptainSackboyPosted 4/28/2013 7:14:48 PM
Oh nooooo. Persona fans are usually nice but not here. This forum is home to Persona 4 haters who are usually fanboys of Persona 3.
#6yukaru00Posted 4/28/2013 7:24:37 PM
CaptainSackboy posted...
Oh nooooo. Persona fans are usually nice but not here. This forum is home to Persona 4 haters who are usually fanboys of Persona 3.
#7MakatoNarakamiPosted 4/28/2013 7:31:33 PM
yukaru00 posted...
CaptainSackboy posted...

---
The fastest way to ruin a series you like is to get to know the other people playing it zodiac_sword
#8Prometheus4208Posted 4/28/2013 9:05:27 PM
Good deal, you won't regret it. I highly recommend you buy a 32gb memory card too. Mine cost about 100 bucks but it was totally worth it.

As for games, you should definitely pick up Soul Sacrifice, Zero Escape (not an RPG but an awesome game), Persona 3, Disgaea 3 (free right now for playstation plus users), Dragon Fantasy, Valkyria Chronicles 2(you have to buy on PS3 then transfer), Tactics Ogre and The 3rd Birthday if you're an RPG fan.

Honestly, the amount of gaming that the VItA offers is staggering.
---
My VITA: P4G, Guacamelee, Dragon Fantasy, Soul Sacrifice Demo, Zero Escape, Disgaea 3, Mortal Kombat, PS All-Stars, Atelier Totori, 6 PSOne games, 6 PSP games
#9MakatoNarakamiPosted 4/28/2013 9:08:52 PM
Prometheus4208 posted...
Good deal, you won't regret it. I highly recommend you buy a 32gb memory card too. Mine cost about 100 bucks but it was totally worth it.

As for games, you should definitely pick up Soul Sacrifice, Zero Escape (not an RPG but an awesome game), Persona 3, Disgaea 3 (free right now for playstation plus users), Dragon Fantasy, Valkyria Chronicles 2(you have to buy on PS3 then transfer), Tactics Ogre and The 3rd Birthday if you're an RPG fan.

I totally forgot The 3rd Birthday exist....how does it hold up to Parasite Eve 1 and 2?
---
The fastest way to ruin a series you like is to get to know the other people playing it zodiac_sword
#10westontickleePosted 4/28/2013 9:10:48 PM
Prometheus4208 posted...

Wow, someone actually reccommending The 3rd Birthday around here
---
People who hate on Queen Jiggs are obvious trolls
Official Balthier of the FFXV Board