What to do after my Kaiwan has Victory Cry? (Spoilers or not?)

#1bangashotPosted 6/15/2013 12:21:30 AM
Hi, it is my first time playing a shin megami tensei game, and my first persona game at that.

So jumping to the topic, after following KDAFC's guide, what should I do to my kaiwan that has victory cry, as in what is the most efficient way of passing this skill onto many other different personas that I will be using for battle?

I am completely clueless about persona fusing and have no idea what are the 'mainstream' personas people use at different stages of the game. Currently at June 24th.

Humbly, with much thanks!
---
Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker Fc:532723603761
Mega Man Star Force 2 Ninja Fc:313680447160
#2StevenKornerPosted 6/15/2013 12:53:24 AM
bangashot posted...
Hi, it is my first time playing a shin megami tensei game, and my first persona game at that.

So jumping to the topic, after following KDAFC's guide, what should I do to my kaiwan that has victory cry, as in what is the most efficient way of passing this skill onto many other different personas that I will be using for battle?

I am completely clueless about persona fusing and have no idea what are the 'mainstream' personas people use at different stages of the game. Currently at June 24th.

Humbly, with much thanks!

Short Version: Victory Cry can be inherited by any Persona; June 24th is early-to-mid-game, so it's unlikely you'll have a specific Persona or two that you should be using. Fuse whatever you need to!

Long Version: Well, Persona Fusing uses a skill inheritance that determines what skills a certain Persona can gain from its "parent" Personas--the Personas used to fuse it. A hypothetical Persona with a Fire affinity and a weakness to Ice is more inclined to inherit Fire, and may be completely incapable of inheriting Ice skills. This varies from Persona to Persona (and not all Personas will be unable to inherit skills that are the same as their weakness).

Additionally, the number of skills able to be inherited by a Persona is dependent on how many skills its parents have. I'm not sure the exact method (sorry), but I've always noticed that the more skills the parent Personas have, the more the fused Persona will gain (two parents with full skill sets will net you more skills on the fused result than using two parents with three skills each).

Luckily, Victory Cry is a passive skill, which can be inherited by any Persona. Also, allegedly Persona 4 Golden allows you to hand-pick the skills you want to be inherited (Persona 4 and other Persona games before it chose the skills to be inherited randomly, requiring anyone wanting a specific skill to be inherited to have to deselect and the reselect the Personas being fused to see if the skill they wanted was in the skill list. It stunk.)

Therefore, I imagine you can just fuse Kaiwan with anything, and simply choose for the resulting Persona to have Victory Cry! As far as how to get Victory Cry onto EVERY Persona... this will require a lot of fusing and re-summoning from the compendium, as there are various algorithms that determine what the arcana of the fused Persona will be (it depends on the arcanas of the Personas being fused. See this chart: http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/64587)

Finally, June 24th is just before the middle of the game. Any threads around here that recommend using certain Personas will be pertaining to the end-game (and they'll tell you to use Personas like Norn, Yoshitsune, and Odin, all of which are Personas at Level 70 or above). Where you are in the game, you can use whatever you want, really--ideally, you'll want to have a stock of Personas that cover every weakness and affinity. Essentially, the "recommended" Persona to use is any of them, because they're all quite useful at the point in the game they become available.

Sorry for long-windedness! Hope this helped!
#3bangashot(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 2:12:26 AM
Woah, thanks for the promt reply, helps me understand much more about this whole persona fusing thing. Well I guess what I would do is to find those nice looking persona's and just fuse them! XD

Thanks much!
---
Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker Fc:532723603761
Mega Man Star Force 2 Ninja Fc:313680447160