Persona 5, which platform?

#41Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/20/2013 2:15:10 AM
What if they want to go for a retro style like with SMT4?
#42KuronekoVIIPosted 8/20/2013 4:45:17 AM
zandm7 posted...
KuronekoVII posted...
Putting it on Vita is stupid... But putting it on Wii U is even more stupid. It's suicide.

PS3 or 3DS. One of those, that's where Persona 5 will sell great.

Sales-wise, yes, putting it on Vita is kind of dumb. But if all developers thought like that then there wouldn't be ANY new Vita games.

But otherwise putting it on Vita makes a lot of sense because then they can really pull out all the stops without being hindered by the lackluster hardware of the 3DS. Plus it would be easier to develop a multiplatform PS3-Vita rather than, say, PS3-3DS.

Seeing as the Persona games have basically been Sony-exclusive, I would bet for sure that it will be on PS3 at least. 3DS seems...unlikely, especially since they got SMT4.

I see your point. I hope though Atlus will put alot of effort into this game, to make it look as great as possible. For once, It would just be great to see some eyecandy in a Persona game. Soejima's beautiful character designs deserve it. P4G character cut-in's in the all-out attacks looks stunning, and I would like to see more of that.
---
Ricard's rapier + sunlight blade + power within + running r1 attack: HHHHGGG!!
#43footvaalvicaPosted 8/20/2013 5:29:47 AM
Most likely it will be in a Sony console like the series previous titles.
#44zandm7Posted 8/20/2013 8:59:36 AM
KuronekoVII posted...
zandm7 posted...
KuronekoVII posted...
Putting it on Vita is stupid... But putting it on Wii U is even more stupid. It's suicide.

PS3 or 3DS. One of those, that's where Persona 5 will sell great.

Sales-wise, yes, putting it on Vita is kind of dumb. But if all developers thought like that then there wouldn't be ANY new Vita games.

But otherwise putting it on Vita makes a lot of sense because then they can really pull out all the stops without being hindered by the lackluster hardware of the 3DS. Plus it would be easier to develop a multiplatform PS3-Vita rather than, say, PS3-3DS.

Seeing as the Persona games have basically been Sony-exclusive, I would bet for sure that it will be on PS3 at least. 3DS seems...unlikely, especially since they got SMT4.

I see your point. I hope though Atlus will put alot of effort into this game, to make it look as great as possible. For once, It would just be great to see some eyecandy in a Persona game. Soejima's beautiful character designs deserve it. P4G character cut-in's in the all-out attacks looks stunning, and I would like to see more of that.

Agreed, I was thinking that a truly open-world Persona game would be sweet too. Like, it's already kind of open world but have it so there's no load times between areas and the whole overworld is just seamless, one big area. That would be cool.
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7
#45MatrixPosted 8/20/2013 10:15:12 AM
PS Vita, PS3, or PS4 for me. Going to be soooooooo mad if it's exclusive to anything else. I'm going to guess it's going to end up on PS3 though. Just would not shock me if they decided to do PS4 though since they have no officially announced anything yet. Having Persona 4 Golden on the Vita was pretty awesome though.
#46The_DjokerPosted 8/20/2013 1:03:09 PM
UponADarkThorne posted...
The_Djoker posted...
A vita exclusive persona? Hell no. P5 needs to be a fully fledged console title. I don't know why you guys don't want to see localised games. Franchises that go handheld exclusive end up dying(VC...agito). I'm a fan of persona not the Vita. I'm all for Vita getting ports with added content though.

Same thing happened with Valkyria. went handheld exclusive with PSP....dead, Type Zero Agito XIII...dead. You put games on poor selling handhelds..they die. I don't want that.

SMTIV was arguably one of the most successful games in the mainline series and is on a handheld. Dragon Quest IX was also very successful and on a handheld. Hell, Monster Hunter is arguably more successful in handheld format than on a console.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a PS3/X360/Wii U release. P5 would be a nice compliment to SMT x FE for me.

sorry I meant sony handhelds. Not Nintendo ones.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png