did i screw up some how?(maybe spoilers?)

#1PinkestFloyd07Posted 8/15/2013 4:52:58 PM
im on Rises dungeon fighting teddys shadow and he just one hit kills me almost every time, he will do an attack and it will knock down one of us, then again he will knock down another then he will do another attack and kill us, this happens every single time ive tried to fight him so far, and its frustrating because i have to keep fighting Rises shadow as well damnit this is annoying.

am i to far behind in levels or something? im level 22
#2sirdoeboyPosted 8/15/2013 5:09:32 PM
You're just getting unlucky, what level are you on? Try leveling up a bit, also early in fight Teddie does the ultra charge move, make sure to defend before he unleashes it this way you won't get knocked down. Remember a good way to win most boss fights is to buff up your team and debuff the enemy.
#3demunpuncherPosted 8/15/2013 8:35:43 PM
Level 22 is more around floor 8 of of the previous dungeon dude. You want to try and gain around 10 levels between boss fights Chie=5, Yukiko=15, Kanji=25, Rise/Teddie>=35, and so on.
#4SicianPosted 8/15/2013 9:04:11 PM
I'm surprised you made it up to the top floor of Rise's dungeon at level 22. You're really underleveled. I don't like getting through Rise's dungeon if I don't get near 35 at the very least at the end of it.
---
Canon is only meant for blowing stuff up.
#5zandm7Posted 8/16/2013 5:45:14 PM
Holy crap, only level 22?! You're underleveled as heck.

You'll probably have to do Rise's dungeon from bottom to top at least once to get up to where you need to be.

For future reference, the bosses go up by 10 each dungeon. So Yukiko is level 15, Kanji 25, Rise 35, the next one 45, etc. So before fighting the boss try to get your whole party around the level of the boss. Makes things nice for when that person joins the party too.
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#6StevenKornerPosted 8/16/2013 5:57:16 PM(edited)
Depends on what difficulty you're on.

I literally just beat Shadow Teddie and my party averaged around Level 26, but I'm on Beginner. If you're on Normal or higher, you're definitely going to want to grind for a bit in order to get your levels up.

What attack are you talking about? If you're referring to the one he needs to charge, if you listen for Rise to tell you he's going to attack, have everyone guard and the attack will be blocked. From then on, he'll dip down and start the charging attack, go one turn without attacking, and then attack the following turn. Block then. (Unless it's different on higher difficulty levels.)

If you're talking about the attack where he claps and knocks down a party member, you can't do much about that, but I don't think he's programmed to do that too many times in a row before giving you a chance to recover.