First time playing - True ending?

#1RokubatoPosted 8/16/2013 1:12:22 PM
So, I only played p3p before (1st play-through on hard).
I understand that in P4 there are more endings available, and I would like to get the True ending on my first try.
So, spoiler free, what is the way to do it? can you effect the ending during the entire play-through? or, like p3p,only in the final days of the game? (does this game even have a calender limit?)
Also, how is the normal compared to hard? rpgs tend to get too easy, so I would prefer hard mode if it's challenging, but not too frustrating for reference, i liked p3p hard mode level.

Thanks!
---
3DS FC: 3866 8114-7361
SS FC: 3052-0172-7764 (trading & Battle)
#2UltVictoryPosted 8/16/2013 2:04:14 PM
Alright, now time to give you the vaguest description of anything ever! Spoiler-Free, of course.

During the final few days, you'll be in a square room. And all of your friends are there. They think they're out of pizza. You keep telling them there is more pizza.

And you need to guess the person who ate the last bread stick later.

And you need to find out the pizza delivery guy at some point or another.
#3SicianPosted 8/16/2013 2:28:57 PM
UltVictory posted...
Alright, now time to give you the vaguest description of anything ever! Spoiler-Free, of course.

During the final few days, you'll be in a square room. And all of your friends are there. They think they're out of pizza. You keep telling them there is more pizza.

I want some of whatever you're smoking.
---
Canon is only meant for blowing stuff up.
#4co1onelPosted 8/16/2013 2:47:54 PM(edited)
1. Max Marie's social link

2. On December 3, Yosuke will ask a series of questions, answer them like this:
First Question: Third Response
Second Question: First Response
Third Question: Third Response
Fourth Question: Second Response
Fifth Question: Third Response
Sixth Question: Second Response

3. On December 5, choose the right killer (don't read this spoiler if you're not there yet): its adachi

4. On March 20, refuse to go home when asked, and go to the food court. After the event go talk to (again don't read unless you're at this point in the game and don't know who to talk to): the guy at the gas station
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Co1onel-225.png
http://i.imgur.com/D8mOGZH.png
#5TheRPGKeyPosted 8/16/2013 4:34:44 PM
UltVictory posted...

That's actually pretty accurate if you substitute the pizza, bread sticks, and pizza delivery man then it all works out. lol
#6StevenKornerPosted 8/16/2013 5:39:29 PM
UltVictory posted...

This is fantastic.

Basically, TC, you don't have to do anything besides play the game normally (that includes rescuing people in time) until December 3rd, when a very important event comes. You'll know when you're there, trust me. Everything before that can be done however you want, with no effect on the True Ending.
#7zandm7Posted 8/16/2013 7:41:54 PM
Besides the excellent pizza metaphor, remember to always Reach Out To The Truth!
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#8singhellotakuPosted 8/16/2013 11:06:04 PM
For the record the true ending is well....stupid, the good ending is a far better ending to the story. That said if you get the true ending you will see the good ending too.
#9Rokubato(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 1:15:08 AM
Thanks everyone!
and thanks to UltVictory for the pizza reminder... I want me some pizza...

anyways, what about the difficulty level? is hard as challenging as hard mode on p3p?
---
3DS FC: 3866 8114-7361
SS FC: 3052-0172-7764 (trading & Battle)
#10CatMutoPosted 8/17/2013 2:33:08 AM
UltVictory posted...

...strangely enough, that makes sense.

Overall, I think it's easy enough to avoid the Bad Ending, as long as you choose to not be emotional. Or as zandm said, keep reaching for the TRUTH and the TRUTH will prevail! And not to forget the TRUTH! So overall, easy to avoid the Bad Ending. And with a little bit of Knowing Plot Twists Before It Happens, you can achieve the Good Ending easily.

The True Ending is the last thing you have to worry about. It can be unlocked on the last day of the game, so no need to worry too much until then.

C-A
---
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Chocobo Theme