How come only Yosuke gets bashed for the Hospital incident? *spoilers*

#31zandm7Posted 8/19/2013 4:55:03 PM
Well I guess then I pretty much agree with you guys. I thought you were talking about how the characters in the game seemed to blame most of it on Yosuke, not complaining about people IRL calling Yosuke a horrible person for wanting to murder Namatame. Everyone on the IT wanted to kill Namatame, at least a little lol.

I still don't think it's fair to say Yosuke wasn't pressuring the IT to go with his plan though. What he said and the effect of what he said are different things. He might have told everyone that they didn't have to go along with it, and that those uncomfortable could leave, but really, who would leave? That would make that person look bad (considering the act of murder was supposed to be retribution for Nanako's death) AND make them feel guilty for not being there to potentially stop what was going on. Plus Yosuke essentially gave the IT a no-turning-back situation where he was going to kill Namatame no matter what the others did.

But obviously Naoto and Kanji deserve blame for the situation too. I would argue that Naoto actually deserves more than Kanji but all that's kind of irrelevant. The point is that the entire IT was out for blood in one way or another and it's not one of their prouder moments in the game.
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7
#32SlyHobbesPosted 8/19/2013 5:13:53 PM
True. I think that, even though the girls weren't vocal about it, even against it, everyone wanted some kind of justice. And, while I see where you're coming from, I don't think that leaving would've branded anyone a coward. He basically said "We're going to do this, but if you don't want any part in it, you can leave and we won't blame you". And Naoto and Kanji agreed with him. It doesn't mean that whomever stepped out of the room (theoretically, of course) didn't want to avenge Nanako, it meant that they didn't believe it was the right way to do so.

But all of that is really quite trivial. As a summary I'd say that, sure, Yosuke was sort of the ringleader and wanted to do something the most, but Kanji was also very angry and Naoto suggest how they kill him. Everyone was to blame.
---
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere PSN: SlyHobbes
#33zandm7Posted 8/19/2013 5:36:35 PM
SlyHobbes posted...
True. I think that, even though the girls weren't vocal about it, even against it, everyone wanted some kind of justice. And, while I see where you're coming from, I don't think that leaving would've branded anyone a coward. He basically said "We're going to do this, but if you don't want any part in it, you can leave and we won't blame you". And Naoto and Kanji agreed with him. It doesn't mean that whomever stepped out of the room (theoretically, of course) didn't want to avenge Nanako, it meant that they didn't believe it was the right way to do so.

But all of that is really quite trivial. As a summary I'd say that, sure, Yosuke was sort of the ringleader and wanted to do something the most, but Kanji was also very angry and Naoto suggest how they kill him. Everyone was to blame.

Yeah that's what I would say.

Subconsciously I still think Yosuke was pressuring the others though. I would feel terrible if I stepped out of that room.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#34SlyHobbesPosted 8/19/2013 6:44:37 PM
zandm7 posted...
I would feel terrible if I stepped out of that room.

Hmm, yeah, that's a hard one. I'd probably either try to stop them from doing it, and if all else fails, you're an accomplice either way so you might as well finish the job. I still don't blame Yosuke, though, but of course you are entitled to your opinion.
---
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere PSN: SlyHobbes
#35Probit_ReturnPosted 8/19/2013 7:51:03 PM
SlyHobbes posted...
zandm7 posted...
I would feel terrible if I stepped out of that room.

Hmm, yeah, that's a hard one. I'd probably either try to stop them from doing it, and if all else fails, you're an accomplice either way so you might as well finish the job. I still don't blame Yosuke, though, but of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Well everyone was caught up in the heat of the moment. They'd just watched Nanako "die" (she got better), and no doubt it brought Yosuke flashbacks of hearing about Saki's death (at that point, as far as the team thought, Namatame had committed the first two murders too). To him, and the others for that matter, the only way to stop the people he cared about from dying was probably to take matters into his own hands. But that's why it's important for someone to keep a cool head to stop anyone from doing something rash. The fact that it had to be Yu in this situation shows exactly why he's the one in charge.

As we know, Namatame wasn't responsible for the actual murders and was being tricked into doing something bad, while the results he got showed that he was doing something good (something they were able to discover after settling down and thinking clearly thanks to Yu's actions). While certainly not an innocent man, even if we say an eye for an eye is fair, they still would have been punishing the wrong person and letting the real culprit get away. Not to mention they'd have been putting themselves on exactly the same level as the killer by copying his methods (something the real killer would have taken delight in, no doubt). While it's true they might not have been thinking clearly, it doesn't excuse the fact that what they were planning to do was a very bad idea. Like I said in my last post, the others aren't free from blame, but neither is Yosuke. Not that I don't sympathize with the poor guy, but ya can't just run off half cocked without really thinking things through and acting purely in the moment.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#36zandm7Posted 8/20/2013 8:01:46 AM
^ What this guy says, right here.
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7
#37FlareKnightsPosted 8/20/2013 10:09:45 PM
Yosuke certainly takes on the role of being most vocal, but the group was clearly split down the middle about what to do in this situation. You had the "we can't do this" side with Chie, Yukiko, and Rise. Then you had the "throw him in" side with Yosuki, Naoto, and Kanji. Completely fitting that as the MC you in a sense have the deciding vote here. A terrible position being the one who would have the most reason to be angry and upset and wanting to make Namatame pay.

I didn't blame Yosuke any more than the others. More used to being the voice in situations like this so he did most of the talking for his half of the group but it wasn't like he was the only one advocating this.
---
"Many think that courage is power. Real courage is when you surpass your own desires to protect something dear.." Dan, Wild Arms
PSN:FlareKnights
#38CogitoPosted 8/21/2013 1:17:28 AM
Being the senpai of kanji and naoto as well as the aibo/partner p4mc, acting as the voice of pro passionate anger camp draws more attention towards yosuke.
---
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono