Where do people get the idea that Persona can only be used...

#1gadgaurdPosted 8/20/2013 12:52:51 AM
In the T.V. world? Seriously, nothing in the game suggest that at all, and if you take P3 into consideration and understand the difference between the TV world and Tartarus, as well as taking the Kirijo Groups experiments, which were done before the Dark Hour and Tartarus were a thing, into consideration, then making the above assumption is entirely illogical.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#2Rasen543Posted 8/20/2013 1:05:13 AM
Persona 1 and 2.

Personas used all day erryday in those games.

GG
---
Official Kodama of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
I review stuff! http://www.youtube.com/user/RasenReviews
#3FScellPosted 8/20/2013 3:13:09 AM
Technically there is a line in this game that implies that very thing, even if i do just consider it something of an oversight.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#4darker95Posted 8/20/2013 3:16:39 AM
Rise says she could read the teams minds, then she says too bad i can't use it outside the t.v world paraphrased.
---
Understand that there is no joy. Cry, that there is no eternal punishment! Where there are new fans, there is money. I, myself, cry for you humans!-Nyrathothep
#5CatMutoPosted 8/20/2013 3:51:42 AM
darker95 posted...
Rise says she could read the teams minds, then she says too bad i can't use it outside the t.v world paraphrased.

Which is especially weird, seeing as Atlus has mentioned that all the Persona games take place in the same world. So if Personae can be used in P3 during Dark Hour (and outside of it), it should be do-able in P4. Although we may say that the order of making a Persona appear in P3 and P4 is different - in P3, they practically force the Persona to appear while in P4 it's more on a voluntary basis.

C-A
---
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Chocobo Theme
#6gadgaurd(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 4:12:00 AM
darker95 posted...

When was this? Also, I suspect that's just they're general(and completely understandable) reluctance to whip out a big ass Persona in broad daylight in the human world, especially with all the media attention Inaba gets during the game.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#7womprat87Posted 8/20/2013 5:25:29 AM
Rise says her line when they are searching for Nanako after she runs away during either her or Dojima's social link.

Further evidence for them not being able to summon them in the real world is found in Persona 4 Arena where several of the conversations between Persona 3 and 4 characters touch upon the differences between their respective personas.
#8metamaraPosted 8/20/2013 5:50:27 AM
P3 uses evokers, which is a stimulus to evoke persona out.

P4 cast aren't that powerful to use their persona easily in the real world.
---
Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh
#9franben0615Posted 8/20/2013 7:28:22 AM
If you want to hear Rise's line, I believe it is when the team goes to Tatsumi Port Island and will stay at the hotel.
#10deadpool_legendPosted 8/20/2013 8:24:44 AM
I believe the point is that the P4 cast's Personas were acquire much differently than previous protagonists and that's why they could only be used in the TV world.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3