Where do people get the idea that Persona can only be used...

#21gadgaurd(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 2:24:16 PM
Huh. Lt's of new, and sensible, information. The theory that the TV world makes it easier is also very sound, considering that it's the collective unconscious of humanity, and Persona is an archetype that exist in the unconscious mind.

So did Rise ever actually try bringing out her Persona, or was she just making an assumption with no actual attempt?
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#22SazukeEXPosted 8/20/2013 11:26:04 PM
metamara posted...
P3 uses evokers, which is a stimulus to evoke persona out.

P4 cast aren't that powerful to use their persona easily in the real world.

I'm sure if the P4 cast had Evokers they could use them in the real world too.
---
"What is... "Is". Your own personal bias or opinions cannot change what has already been written." - Canon
#23eiyuuouPosted 8/21/2013 1:17:15 AM
SazukeEX posted...
metamara posted...

Arena spoiler

That may be true, although Akihiko also mentioned it's easier in the TV world.
They may be able to do it once they have more experience, as long they do not deny the possibility.
---
I ponder, I feel, I desire. ...Shining One, who are you?
#24natchu96Posted 8/21/2013 3:48:35 AM
eiyuuou posted...
SazukeEX posted...
metamara posted...

Arena spoiler

They may be able to do it once they have more experience, as long they do not deny the possibility.

More Arena Spoiler

Some of the lines I've seen on youtube seem to imply that they mostly just keep the evoker on them for old times' sake now. And, you know, use it once in a while. Considering how long they seem to have had the Shadow Operatives running they've probably had a lot of practice trying to summon personas as spontaneously as possible in case of emergencies.

And judging from Fuuka's civilian clothing, she likely got pulled in while living a more normal life in public and probably didn't have one, and here we have Juno doing telepathic scans across dimensions.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#25Solid_PWPosted 8/21/2013 4:54:42 AM(edited)
natchu96 posted...
eiyuuou posted...
SazukeEX posted...
metamara posted...

Arena spoiler

More Arena Spoiler

Some of the lines I've seen on youtube seem to imply that they mostly just keep the evoker on them for old times' sake now. And, you know, use it once in a while. Considering how long they seem to have had the Shadow Operatives running they've probably had a lot of practice trying to summon personas as spontaneously as possible in case of emergencies.

And judging from Fuuka's civilian clothing, she likely got pulled in while living a more normal life in public and probably didn't have one, and here we have Juno doing telepathic scans across dimensions.

When the P3 cast first entered the TV world, Mitsuru expressed a pleasant surprise and made a remark on how a mere thought of summoning Artemisia was able to actually summon her, not needing the Evoker, which Mitsuru already had in hand (literally) and ready to be used.
---
"I don't believe in maaaagiiiiicccc." - Zhang Jiao, Dynasty Warriors 3
#26CatMutoPosted 8/21/2013 5:25:12 AM
gadgaurd posted...
So did Rise ever actually try bringing out her Persona, or was she just making an assumption with no actual attempt?

Well, she did sort of call out "Persona~" during the King's Game part, but it's possible that her artifical high made her not concentrate enough to actually call out her persona properly. So we don't really know, I guess.

C-A
---
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Chocobo Theme
#27Shaded_PhoenixPosted 8/21/2013 7:33:33 AM
natchu96 posted...

She has hers, as per The Answer... But that doesn't mean she had the time to get it. Or there might have been one with the group sent to find her, just as a point of thinking ahead.
---
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.
#28terran3999999Posted 8/21/2013 10:18:31 AM
Idiots and trolls. Idiots that don't have the overall knowledge of the entire series making a stupid assumption and trolls who just love to say that to claim that the P4 team is uberweaksauce. kratostroll anyone?

A Persona can be fully awakened and summoned when the right catalyst(s) has been triggered. The time for the IT just hasn't simply came yet. The old fanboys also seem to love to forget that in most cases it was a matter of life and death that first invoked them to awakened it and the environment hardly counts as normal.The P1 and P2 team being attacked by "demons" while the P3 MC was attacked by the Magician Shadow. The cities that P1 and P2 took place in had a lot of crazy stuff happening in it.

So with the right catalyst or just an Evoker, the IT would also be able to summon them in the normal world.

Some of the lines I've seen on youtube seem to imply that they mostly just keep the evoker on them for old times' sake now.
They still use them for their super moves though, probably because it might help them channel the power better.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#29FScellPosted 8/21/2013 11:35:04 AM
'Overall knowledge' of the series is fairly meaningless. If the story decides that it isn't like that anymore then it won't be like that anymore.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#30SlyHobbesPosted 8/21/2013 11:40:03 AM
Yeah, but do you remember when they were practicing for their performance and Yosuke had some musical thingies that look a bit like his daggers, and he yelled "Persona!" but he couldn't summon it? Then he was like "Wait, the hell am I doing? I can't summon my Persona here."
---
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere PSN: SlyHobbes