Why does everyone seem to love Chie?

#1SlyHobbesPosted 8/20/2013 2:35:32 PM(edited)
She seems to be a favourite with people on this board. I mean, to me, she sounds annoying, she looks annoying, and she acts annoying.
She doesn't really have a great story (something, something, protecting people), she doesn't really show that much emotion either. Her obsession with Kung Fu is cheesy to me. Her constant craving for meat was entertaining for a while, in the end it wasn't really very amusing, a little annoying even.
After new members joined the group, too, she didn't really have that much to say. She was kinda all scared too, while they were telling the ghost stories, which doesn't really fit in with her 'I'm so brave, such a great fighter, I just wanna protect people" image. Seemed like a spoiled, immature kid who thinks she can protect people.

I just want to know what other people see in her. She isn't even the most attractive. I thought there'd be more Yukiko love on the board.

--
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere PSN: SlyHobbes
#2gadgaurdPosted 8/20/2013 2:19:20 PM
I disagree with everything you said.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#3Silent Sniper IVPosted 8/20/2013 2:22:52 PM
I felt like she had enough spirit and personality to her without feeling like a complete anime/jrpg trope.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#4SlyHobbes(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 2:26:09 PM
gadgaurd posted...
I disagree with everything you said.

Say why. Don't just disagree with me.
---
#5Inertion5Posted 8/20/2013 2:26:32 PM
Gamers have bad tastes in women.

Just look at SMT IV board and all those people who love that Isabeau chick. It's like they'll take whatever is offering.
---
Learn the chart man.
#6Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/20/2013 2:27:45 PM
What's wrong with Isabeau?
#7Silent Sniper IVPosted 8/20/2013 2:28:58 PM
Inertion5 posted...

Eh...they all feel pretty japanimu to me. Do you honestly feel yukiko or rise are any better or less cliched to choose for your virtual high school e-girlfriend?
---
#8Inertion5Posted 8/20/2013 2:31:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9SlyHobbes(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 2:33:53 PM(edited)
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Inertion5 posted...

Eh...they all feel pretty japanimu to me. Do you honestly feel yukiko or rise are any better or less cliched to choose for your virtual high school e-girlfriend?

Y'alls didn't mention Naoto-kun! But then again, she isn't as cliched as the others. Best option for female players 'cause she's nice and androgynous.
---
#10Silent Sniper IVPosted 8/20/2013 2:35:23 PM
I haven't gotten to her yet, but I'll take your word for it.
---