If you could replace one character (VA) with yourself

#1SicianPosted 8/27/2013 9:21:51 PM
As the topic says... what character do you think you could do the best? I am not saying who could you match? I don't want to know if you think you can sound just like JYB's Adachi line for line. I want to know what character do you think you could emote the best even if you don't sound like the original VA.
---
Canon is only meant for blowing stuff up.
#2Stelman257Posted 8/27/2013 10:12:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3CatMutoPosted 8/28/2013 12:09:21 AM
Somehow, your post angers me, Stelman...

I would probably choose to voice Rise. I found Laura Bailey didn't show enough cuteness while voicing her. My own voice isn't very high, but I could easily alter it to sound higher. Plus, I know how to fangirl over somebody, so doing that towards Narukami would be easy for me to do.

C-A
---
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Chocobo Theme
#4Inertion5Posted 8/28/2013 2:28:17 AM
Nanako
---
Learn the chart man.
#5Sician(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 6:17:39 AM
Stelman257 posted...
All of them.
Why not.
Even the Japanese ones. I can speak Japanese no problem! Watashi washi bashi boshi!

You feel you could do clingy on one (Rise) and then downright angry, defiant, and insecure... especially in the beginning... (Kanji)?

I would be impressed...
---
#6CatMutoPosted 8/28/2013 6:28:19 AM
Sician posted...
You feel you could do clingy on one (Rise) and then downright angry, defiant, and insecure... especially in the beginning... (Kanji)?

I would be impressed...

Considering the Abridged Series people like LittleKuriboh, TeamFourStar, etc can all do various voices, yes, it is possible to do that.

C-A
---
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Chocobo Theme
#7terran3999999Posted 8/28/2013 6:58:41 AM
I think stelman is just joking.

I found Laura Bailey didn't show enough cuteness while voicing her
And thus, your post just angered someone else.

Hmm, for myself I'm really not sure, to make the least foolish out of myself I would go for a supporting character instead.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#8SlyHobbesPosted 8/28/2013 7:59:13 AM(edited)
Sadly, probably Nanako would be my best bet. I can do a really good Little Sister impersonation (from Bioshock). I could probably do Chie... as much as she annoys me. On the other hand *shrug* I could probably do any of the girls. I'm 14 so it's not like I have to make my voice higher or anything.
---
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere PSN: SlyHobbes
#9Sician(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 9:58:45 AM
I couldn't sound like a girl, but I can change my tone of voice well. I might be able to do Adachi, but it would be difficult to pull off some of his lines because he has some drastic changes in emotion. After giving it some thought, I might be better suited for a supporting member.
---
#10Stelman257Posted 8/28/2013 6:45:39 PM
CatMuto posted...
Somehow, your post angers me, Stelman...

It was a joke.
But uhh seriously none, the P4G english cast is perfect. It disappointed me that the anime dub couldn't get Naoto back and lost Kanji midway (though I do love Mary Elizabeth and Matthew Mercer), but ah well.
---
"We have choices. Some people like to stand in the rain without an umbrella. That's what it means to live free."