New Persona 4: Aftermath RP Sign-ups!

#1GolurkcanflyPosted 12/30/2013 8:34:22 AM(edited)
Hello, I've noticed a severe lack of an RP on this board, so I have decided to start my own along with several friends. Feel free to join at any time. Anyways, here's the exposition:

Five years after the events of Persona 4, the Midnight Channel is back, and the Shadows active and hostile in the returning fog. On rainy nights, ten people appear, and on the next foggy day in Inaba, they disappear. Several days later, they return inflicted with Apathy Syndrome, making them practically brainless. However, some stay gone, the most recent of which is Yukiko Amagi, who was last sighted in the growing store complex Junes. All of the original Investigation Team has either disappeared or left Inaba forever, so new champions of the people must arise. Meanwhile, in Iwatodai, where the first cases of Apathy Syndrome occurred, something is amiss. Nyx has returned to her dormant state, and Erebus has left, leaving the Seal of Makoto Yuki behind. Does this strange happening foreshadow a greater reckoning? Join me, and we shall find out together as the citizens of Inaba!

This is the Sign-up format.

Name (Personal; Familial):
Birthday:
Arcana (No Fool, World, or Universe):
Appearance (Clothes, face, hair, etc.):
Voice (Optional): (Voice Clip of desired voice here; Youtube preferred)
Occupation (Student, Grocer, Teacher, etc.):
Workplace (If student, put Yasogami High and Grade):
Weapon (If any):
Details (Any you deem notable):

I hope you sign up, and I hope you'll enjoy the adventure we'll have together!
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#2Golurkcanfly(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 8:37:37 AM
Hmm... It seems that nobody is here.

I'll just go ahead and post mine.

Name: Sagara Tajiri
Birthday: January 23, 1999
Arcana: Judgement
Appearance: 5'10" with mid-length shaggy auburn hair. Wears his Yasogami uniform in a formal manner.
Voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S54_fkyYOE (Katsuyuki Konishi as Walter in SMT IV)
Workplace: Senior at Yasogami High
Weapon: Fists
Details: Probably the smartest in his class, but he has a poor work ethic. However, when he puts his mind to something, he'll chase it to the ends of the Earth. He also hates crime with a passion, so he wants to become a prosecutor. When he was younger, he took classes in the Hawaiian martial art of Karezenpo Go Shinjutsu, and thus fights defensively. Anyways, he's been collecting data on the recent kidnappings and cases of Apathy Syndrome to devise the culprit, but is without success.
---
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#3earthmaster3Posted 12/30/2013 8:41:52 AM
Sounds like fun, I'll roll something up when I get home, but I just have a few questions:

How are social links going to work? I remember in a fire emblem rp I was once a part of had a separate board for the support stuff, but since that's not possible on gamefaqs, I was just wondering

The other question is whether or not there's any particular pantheon you want the persona to be drawn from?
---
http://i.imgur.com/5jxFcH3.jpg
Walk with Goomy, Always
#4Golurkcanfly(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 8:55:36 AM
earthmaster3 posted...
Sounds like fun, I'll roll something up when I get home, but I just have a few questions:

How are social links going to work? I remember in a fire emblem rp I was once a part of had a separate board for the support stuff, but since that's not possible on gamefaqs, I was just wondering

The other question is whether or not there's any particular pantheon you want the persona to be drawn from?

The Social Links will be handled in a manner similar to the support system in FE:A. The higher your rank is with another player, the better you are with them in a fight. Naturally, this will be fairly hard to incorporate this in written form, but I believe we can help keep the system in check. Two people with a low Social Link will not work very well together, while two people with a maxed Social Link will work incredibly well with eachother. Again, certain characters may form Social Links faster than others, due to their unique personalities. Also, a character may gain abilities in correspondence with their Social Links. A character can grow stronger individually by increasing their Social Links.

For the second question, no. Your initial Persona and your awakened ones don't have to be from the same pantheon either. However, make sure there is a logical connection and that it stays within that character's Arcana.

Anyways, Thank you. I was a bit worried that we might not have people joining.
---
#5SwordMasterEXPosted 12/30/2013 9:24:57 AM
Name (Personal; Familial): Floyd Rhoads

Birthday: 7/31

Arcana (No Fool, World, or Universe): Aeon

Appearance (Clothes, face, hair, etc.): Short silver hair, ruby eyes, charming face, wears an untucked white shirt, black slacks, a brass pocket watch, red converse, and a grey jacket sitting on his shoulders. He has a pair of hi-tech headphones he's always wearing.

Voice (Optional): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfuDdg8aNM0&t=1m13s, Daniel Woren via Bleach

Occupation (Student, Grocer, Teacher, etc.): Student

Workplace: Yasogami High, 11th Grade

Details (Any you deem notable): He Loves classic rock and traditional heavy metal, but isn't opposed to new material. He likes anime and his favorites are some of the classics like Cowboy Bepop. He attempts to act cooler than he actually is, but deep inside he's just a helpless romantic. He can cook fairly well and if he's using his headphones getting his attention is much harder than it should be. He is a womanize of sorts, but completely faithful if anyone ever actually accepts his offers. He occasionally stutters when nervous and can't look beautiful women directly in the eyes. He likes dogs and wants to become an engineer like his father.
---
"I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you here."
"Oh so am I. And I'm Failing. And I'm sorry for that."
#6Golurkcanfly(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 9:27:15 AM
SwordMasterEX posted...

Appearance (Clothes, face, hair, etc.): Short silver hair, ruby eyes, charming face, wears an untucked white shirt, black slacks, a brass pocket watch, red converse, and a grey jacket sitting on his shoulders. He has a pair of hi-tech headphones he's always wearing.

Voice (Optional): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfuDdg8aNM0&t=1m13s, Daniel Woren via Bleach

Details (Any you deem notable): He Loves classic rock and traditional heavy metal, but isn't opposed to new material. He likes anime and his favorites are some of the classics like Cowboy Bepop. He attempts to act cooler than he actually is, but deep inside he's just a helpless romantic. He can cook fairly well and if he's using his headphones getting his attention is much harder than it should be. He is a womanize of sorts, but completely faithful if anyone ever actually accepts his offers. He occasionally stutters when nervous and can't look beautiful women directly in the eyes. He likes dogs and wants to become an engineer like his father.

SMEXy-sensei! What is your weapon?
---
#7SwordMasterEXPosted 12/30/2013 9:30:22 AM
Golurkcanfly posted...
SwordMasterEX posted...

A one-handed sword. Or an Electric Guitar if that's a thing. Or a wolf. Or poker cards with magical properties. I'd be fine with either of those.
---
#8Golurkcanfly(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 9:42:30 AM
SwordMasterEX posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
SwordMasterEX posted...

A one-handed sword. Or an Electric Guitar if that's a thing. Or a wolf. Or poker cards with magical properties. I'd be fine with either of those.

Maybe a bladed electric guitar?

That way, it'd be a bona fide axe.
---
#9SwordMasterEXPosted 12/30/2013 9:48:56 AM
Golurkcanfly posted...
SwordMasterEX posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
SwordMasterEX posted...

Appearance (Clothes, face, hair, etc.): 6'1" Short silver hair, ruby eyes, charming face, wears an untucked white shirt, black slacks, a brass pocket watch, red converse, and a grey jacket sitting on his shoulders. He has a pair of hi-tech headphones he's always wearing.

Maybe a bladed electric guitar?

That way, it'd be a bona fide axe.

Yes, That is exactly what he needs, but it needs to be one of these:
http://www.edroman.com/guitars/jackson/images/jackson-rr5-bk.jpg

Also added height to his appearance.
---
#10terran3999999Posted 12/30/2013 9:55:33 AM
Ugh. If only I remember where I put that anti-roleplay speech.

And isn't this off topic? This type of junk belongs on social board.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.