for anyone who played on hard mode, what level were you for SPOILERS

#1Jprime666Posted 3/17/2014 2:22:10 PM
the shado mitsuo fight? im not doing newgame plus, and my party is in the high thirties and hes crushing me.
---
Zvarri!
#2astrophysPosted 3/17/2014 3:50:37 PM
That's the problem. You should be around level 45 or so, generally speaking.

Of course, Very Hard mode proves that you can actually do it much lower than that, but that would need a very good strategy and build… I presume; I've only done Hard Mode myself.

Rule of thumb is to gain roughly 10 levels each dungeon, being around level 14 or 15 after Yukiko's dungeon. (Not necessary, you can easily win at much lower levels that if you low what you're doing).

But the point of this rule of thumb is that it will bring you to about level 25 for Shadow Kanji, Level 35 for Shadow Rise and Shadow Teddie, Level 45 for Shadow Mitsuo, etc. Which are all right around the ideal levels for fighting those bosses without being over leveled either.
#3SNeIaPosted 3/17/2014 3:50:53 PM
I think I was somewhere in the high forties / low fifties. I wasn't trying to grind too much, but the Gold Hands gave me a lot of experience points.

I always found the key to the Mitsuo battle, in both my normal play through of P4 on the PS2 (which had a similar level range, but with more grinding) and P4G was buffing yourself (Marakukaja, Matarukaja) and de-buffing Mitsuo (Tarunda, Rakunda). You want to set yourself up to do as much damage as possible in as short of a time as possible so that you can eliminate Mitsuo the Hero / prevent it from re-forming. At the same time, Mitsuo's attacks are brutal, so anything you can do to blunt them helps. This is especially true when you're significantly under Mitsuo's level, thus giving him a damage bonus and you a damage penalty. So I'd recommend Teddie if you had a few more levels, or finding some Personas with the multi-target buff skills.
#4astrophysPosted 3/17/2014 3:53:11 PM
Even if you don't get Teddie's buffs from leveling yet, he's still very valuable in that fight from Mediarama and Energy Shower, both of which address problems that Shadow MItsuo poses to you.
#5soulgruntPosted 3/17/2014 8:56:10 PM(edited)
on very hard mode without heavy grinding you should be around 30-32. As long as MC can survive that basic attack during the bosses hero phase you should be fine.

Edit: quick tip: magatama items that deal 150 dmg. get at least 10 of these if anyone in your party can't deal enough dmg, when the boss is about to build back up his hero, spam those items and the fight should end pretty quickly.
#6WindyNightsPosted 3/18/2014 1:53:15 AM
Pretty underleveled,if i must be blunt.

Right levels should be around 42-45,46 or higher and it would be easier. Personae useful for this fight is anyone with Mind Charge and any -dyne spell with a corresponding boost/amp *Dis,Black Frost fit this category*,for healing you can have any of the Priestess/Lovers personae around the lv36 range that knows Mediarama *Ganga already fits this,being at a lower level,if you're 47 go for Parvati since she comes with Marakukaja but with fire weakness*
---
With every act,due recompense.
PSN : ReiSetsuna(US,inactive),Ruquion(HK,active) | Playing : Trigger Happy Danganronpa,Disgaea 4 Return,Unchained Blades Exxiv
#7FinalFlamesPosted 3/26/2014 2:47:31 PM
I'd grind to Black Frost and MAYBE Yukiko's Mediarama if you've gone on a coupe bike rides so she gets Divine Grace. If Yukiko does not have Divine Grace, use Teddie.
*These are my experiences*
You won't have to grind until November if you play your cards right from here.
---
PSN:GfaqFinalFlames
If I fall in combat, I pray I have stricken an enemy to pull with me.
#8Akihiko__SanadaPosted 3/26/2014 7:49:22 PM
In Vanilla, I was about lv47 - lv48, if I recall.
---
I need a new sig.
#9CogitoPosted 3/26/2014 9:47:30 PM
40-42, it took some time to train black frost
---
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
#10GafemagePosted 3/27/2014 10:52:22 AM
I fought him at level 38 with little trouble; like everyone else said, Black Frost is an essential.
---
Personal ranking of console developers: Nintendo > Sega > Sony > NEC > Everything else. I generally prefer JRPGs & platformers.