Should I get Persona 4 Golden given my circumstances?

#11ddjallday(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 10:00:24 PM
FlareKnights posted...
In terms of the topic overall I'd certainly admit to my primary motivation in getting a Vita was P4G. And that's after I'd beaten the original P4 on the PS2 a few times. Such a superior version my PS2 copy has become a display piece XD. In the end plenty other games have come out to make it a good purchase for me so win/win I guess, but wouldn't say that's the route to go for everyone.

In terms of persona skills, the fact that you can choose what skills to inherit coming out of a fusion instead of having to continually look at the preview to try and get the right skills is a massive time saver. Not going to miss having to do that.

Good sized handheld I think. Certainly don't think it would have been a good idea to make it any bigger since weight really might have come into the equation then.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing, I was drawn to the vita by P4G, but I also like some other games I've seen. Golden's gonna be great. I'll continue playing P4 until I grab a vita.
#12Jx1010Posted 4/29/2014 12:19:26 AM
What I love about the Vita (Persona 4 Golden related)

Is that as a JRPG it takes long hours to play this game,
and with the Vita u can pause the game at any moment and put it to sleep
Then come back to the game and continue with the press of a button.

Is so handy I love this feature.
#13HUfan4LPosted 4/29/2014 12:46:03 AM
Jx1010 posted...
What I love about the Vita (Persona 4 Golden related)

Is that as a JRPG it takes long hours to play this game,
and with the Vita u can pause the game at any moment and put it to sleep
Then come back to the game and continue with the press of a button.

Is so handy I love this feature.

Also being able to play while on a long trip. Plus Golden is better because it gives you a plethora of new content
---
Too many vita games I wanna play not enough money or memory space O_O
PSN Vita: goob1013 Xbox 360: HU4L J3T
#14ddjallday(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 1:30:57 AM
I like the portability aspect of Golden a lot, and I wanna check out all the new features. Btw, Is it bad to leave your vita on sleep mode for too long? I'm guessing sleep mode on the vita is the same as sleep mode on just about every other electronic that has it, not completely on, but not completely off, and ready to power back on quick.
#15Fiz57Posted 4/29/2014 8:18:09 AM
I using the first Vita model, I left my Vita most of the time sleeping by pressing the power button for a sec or left it to enter sleep mode on its own usually for download stuff from PSN. I haven't got a problem yet but if I left it sleeping for days or weeks (I never bother to time it), the battery still in use that it was completely drain due to week of being left alone in sleeping mode and need to recharge but no problem so far. Now, I made a habit to turn the game off just in case if I went out and need a fully charged PSVita with me.

Well, I bough the PSVita to play game plus it is portable while waiting for a new PS4 model or at least near the end of next year. Most of the game I bough were a bit random but PSVita exclusive plus they were on discount sale at that time like Gravity Rush and Ragnarok Odyssey. I never play P4 since my PS2 was broken but I knew P3 which social life/daily life was unique to me. I glad P4G had an improvement and contain a little extra story.

One problem with Vita I had to complain is, it doesn't support multi-PSN a/c. At first, I used R1 a/c since I bough some PS1 game like Parasite Eve and wanted to play on Vita on the go. But I lived in R3 region and there were a lot of R3 games which forced me to make a new a/c. Problem was the shop that sold R3 game now sold R1 and worst of all, there are still some developer didn't bother to release Eng ver of R3 games while the R1 had no problem. What I wanted to say make sure you bough the right region game with the right region a/c since there are some game like ROA gave free download stuff.
---
South-east Asia PS3 PSN: Fiz57
Now using PSN for Vita, re-challenge PS3 and probably for PS4 as PSN: FizV57
#16mujihaPosted 4/29/2014 5:31:24 PM
ddjallday posted...
. However, I'm lured by the portability (I've just unlocked Kanji's dungeon haven't entered yet but I probably will later tonight), and I have spirit drain, which pretty much to a miracle to get in only a few tries, should I make the transition to Golden? Once again the portability aspect is just a huge plus. Hm, hard choice, but I can't decide. What do you guys think? Thanks.

I say go for it, mostly because I was literally....very much LITERALLY in the same spot you're in right now when I decided to ditch Vanilla for Golden. I haven't regretted it since. The loss of 17 hours was worth all the other stuff gained. I'll tell you the truth, I didn't have a forecast of what other games I would be playing on my vita but it all worked out, as I'm now addicted to Dragon's Crown and just picked up MGS HD collection tonight. I repeat, if you got nothing else to do with that leftover cash, then treat yourself. P4 Golden is not an experience to be missed, especially if you're already enjoying vanilla as much as you are. Remember that I was in your exact same position in the story before I made the switch. ....No regrets.
---
Ya, okay so a Ys game isn't a Ys game unless Adol's blade tastes the blood of a godlike entity, someway, somehow.
#17indie_animatorPosted 4/29/2014 7:30:19 PM
MakotoNarukami posted...
If you don't own a Vita... I love P4G and played through it like 5 times, but NEVER buy a console for 1 game. Do some research and see if their are any other games you'd like on the Vita or I say hold off.

But all in all it's your call.

The only exception I'd make is an old-school one: Sega Saturn for Guardian Heroes.
I actually won a Saturn in a contest put on by Live 105 & Taco Bell back when it launched. So I didn't have to buy it! The only game I was interested in was GH. What an amazing game. One of my top 10 of all time. Best prize I ever won randomly. :)
---
Jewelion: Video game I did the art for!
tangerinepop.com
#18ddjallday(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 12:30:56 AM
mujiha posted...

I say go for it, mostly because I was literally....very much LITERALLY in the same spot you're in right now when I decided to ditch Vanilla for Golden. I haven't regretted it since. The loss of 17 hours was worth all the other stuff gained. I'll tell you the truth, I didn't have a forecast of what other games I would be playing on my vita but it all worked out, as I'm now addicted to Dragon's Crown and just picked up MGS HD collection tonight. I repeat, if you got nothing else to do with that leftover cash, then treat yourself. P4 Golden is not an experience to be missed, especially if you're already enjoying vanilla as much as you are. Remember that I was in your exact same position in the story before I made the switch. ....No regrets.

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna be switching to the Vita and Golden. Thanks for the input bro, I appreciate it. Helps you were in the same situation too man, I can't miss out on Golden
#19akaKLeoPosted 4/30/2014 7:50:56 AM
deaththekidd666 posted...
Try Project Diva f, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, P4G (of course), Danganronpa, Conception II, The Walking Dead, whatever strikes your fancy.

>Soul Sacrifice
That game got boring after a couple hours.
---
PSN: aKaKLeo
3DS FC: 0473 9058 1663
#20Fiz57Posted 4/30/2014 6:36:11 PM
akaKLeo posted...
deaththekidd666 posted...
Try Project Diva f, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, P4G (of course), Danganronpa, Conception II, The Walking Dead, whatever strikes your fancy.

>Soul Sacrifice
That game got boring after a couple hours.

Except for those who love farming and have friends to play with although solo is sometime better than multi-player due to more player or AI companion, the more hp the boss had plus I found a lot of Elite SS players who I prefer leaving than insulted and kicked out (Them being max chaos level). Try skip Soul Sacrifice and aim for the updated and expansion ver which isn't dlc, Soul Sacrifice Delta.

I am more to Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (an updated ver of Ragnarok Odyssey) than Soul Sacrifice. If you like these type of game checked out Freedom War.

Now about 17+ hrs wasted, well I wasted maybe 80+ hrs since I first played P4G with my older sis PSVita though I bough P4G on and for my own which was the main reason I wanted to have PSVita due to not knowing other Vita title at that time except Uncharted. I beat my first playthrough with maybe nearly 80% Persona collection and nearly half of them I level up to the final skill obtain since I prefer keeping and only fuse when final skill obtained. Problem was it was my older sis PSVita and I really want my own PSVita plus my own trophy achievement, I bough my own PSVita and now I had to play from the beginning. Thankfully I beat the game last year and now I forgot some part of the game, I could re-enjoy the game and aim for all trophy completion as well as maxing all Persona up to the final skill level except Persona that I like with card skill to change its ability.
---
South-east Asia PS3 PSN: Fiz57
Now using PSN for Vita, re-challenge PS3 and probably for PS4 as PSN: FizV57