Does Yu have a love interest in the P4 anime?

#1HUfan4LPosted 5/6/2014 4:53:17 AM
If so who is it?

I wanna know who the "canon" love interest is.
---
Too many vita games I wanna play not enough money or memory space O_O
PSN Vita: goob1013 Xbox 360: HU4L J3T
#2CarryduffpPosted 5/6/2014 5:10:59 AM
There is no canon love interest, Yu friend-zones all the girls as seen in Arena. In the animation he doesn't romance any of the girls, there is one episode when he goes out with Ai (against his will). If I remember correctly there was a bit more emphasis on Rise and Yukiko but not much. No he doesn't have a love interest.
#3astrophysPosted 5/6/2014 5:48:00 AM
Neither P3 nor P4's protagonists have canon love interests.

Although there are certain characters who themselves fall in love with the protagonists regardless of what happens in the game, it is an individual's playthrough that determines if these feelings are reciprocate to form an actual relationship or not.

However, canon does not state any particular characters to be in a relationship with the protagonists as love interests.
#4WarrenKeiSnowPosted 5/6/2014 5:57:41 AM
Yeah we all KNOW (even if we don't want to admit) who they were trying to get Yu to be with but didn't go with it on the note of fan rage and showing favoritism (i.e. Yukiko and Rise). But yeah Yu was friend-zoning the girls pretty much. But when they make P4GA they will somehow put Marie in and make it a love square.
---
It all started with Yukiko and Mitsuru...now I am happy
#5Enoshima_JunkoPosted 5/6/2014 6:05:42 AM
There is no canon love interest in the anime, however if I went by process of elimination then I would say Rise is the most-implied girl he ends up with because:

1. Rise is actually the canon love interest in the P4 manga spin-off.
2. Naoto has implications on being shipped with Kanji.
3. Same goes with Chie and Yosuke.
4. That just leaves Yukiko and Rise, I would pick Rise over Yukiko mainly because Yu moves back to the city which would make it difficult for Yukiko to go and see him as she is going to become the manager of the Amagi Inn. Whereas Rise would be going back to the city as well once she starts up her idol career again, making it easier for her to see Yu again.
5. Rise is The Lovers Slink.

Although I have a feeling they may make Marie the canon love interest in the golden anime that is coming up.
---
Despair over tomorrow! Despair over the unknown! Despair over your memories!
#6RagingRaven187Posted 5/6/2014 6:09:48 AM
I got the feeling they wete pushing Chie for the anime. But decided not to halfway through.
---
http://i.imgur.com/heqUrDo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/DCjhzde.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VLW1wVQ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xuRmEbT.png
#7DarkrobotisbackPosted 5/6/2014 6:29:38 AM(edited)
Enoshima_Junko posted...
There is no canon love interest in the anime, however if I went by process of elimination then I would say Rise is the most-implied girl he ends up with because:

4. That just leaves Yukiko and Rise, I would pick Rise over Yukiko mainly because Yu moves back to the city which would make it difficult for Yukiko to go and see him as she is going to become the manager of the Amagi Inn. Whereas Rise would be going back to the city as well once she starts up her idol career again, making it easier for her to see Yu again.

Although I have a feeling they may make Marie the canon love interest in the golden anime that is coming up.

Didn't Yukikio want to go to city in the first place? So how would it be difficult for her to encounter the protagonist in the city (she says it herself when you do her social link)?
---
PSN: Johnny_Sanchez-
"I am the master, obey me"
#8ImASadPandaPosted 5/6/2014 6:36:15 AM
In anime sense... Yu has moments with all of them, so no one is canon - except Ai, who is half canon, he actually dated her in that. But - he's an implied gigolo, who even has moments with Yosuke. Izanagi is also a player, having Himiko back that ass up while she's trying to help Rise scan.

If you want to know who is the official girl, watching an anime for that isn't particularly ideal. If ATLUS wants you guys to know, I'm sure they will send out a list of all the girls in the games they've made that weren't canon and watch the fan base cry.
#9Enoshima_JunkoPosted 5/6/2014 6:47:12 AM
Darkrobotisback posted...
Enoshima_Junko posted...

Didn't Yukikio want to go to city in the first place? So how would it be difficult for her to encounter the protagonist in the city (she says it herself when you do her social link)?

Initially yes she did want to leave Inaba and go to the city to find something else she would enjoy doing, but by the end of her Slink she realises that she never really wanted to leave as she really cares about everyone at the inn. So she decides to inherit her role as the next manager of the Amagi Inn.
By her deciding this it would keep her most if not all of the time stuck in Inaba.
---
Despair over tomorrow! Despair over the unknown! Despair over your memories!
#10invaderark12Posted 5/6/2014 9:31:11 AM
RagingRaven187 posted...
I got the feeling they wete pushing Chie for the anime. But decided not to halfway through.

---
Chie Satonaka is my adorable waifu <3 http://imgur.com/a/5umEZ
Official Husbando of Cordelia of the FE:A Boards