Can't beat Envious Giant and what about ???

#1ronaldPoePosted 5/8/2014 12:20:02 PM
Okay, I've gotten to Envious Giant and it always kills me. I'm at level 70 and my party is Naoto (68), Teddie (69), and Kanji (68). My best personas are Thor (70), Loki (69), and Black Frost (54, but got me past Mitsuo, Shadow Naoto, and Namatame). Do you have any advice on how to kill this guy. What persona would you suggest and do you have any level grinding tips?

I also am curious if the final bosses (Adachi and Ameno-sagiri) are going to be any trouble for me. I haven't gotten to them yet but expect an epic showdown.

Also I'm playing the PS3 re-release/PS2 version and didn't feel like posting there.Advice would be appreciated.
#2_RMT_Posted 5/8/2014 12:26:51 PM
If in doubt, grind it out. You're leveled too low right now to have a comfortable ride home. Try to get to at least 80 if you don't ever want to grind again and want to get the true true ending
#3_RMT_Posted 5/8/2014 12:29:14 PM
double post but try to fuse Yoshitsune. he starts at 79 so you'll need to be at least 79. Getting the personas needed for him aren't hard and he is very helpful as he has no weakness , only being normal to wind and ice I believe, he nulls physical which makes some of the end bosses/sub-bosses seem weak in comparison.
#4terran3999999Posted 5/8/2014 12:45:17 PM
What level is the Envious Giant? It might help to be at least at its level.

The game kinda "punishes" you for being low level because it uses the characters levels as part of the damage formula(really stupid if you ask me) so if there is a large gap between you and the enemy(ies) you get hit a lot harder.

he starts at 79 so you'll need to be at least 79.
No man, he starts at level 75. What the hell is it with you and giving out the wrong information?
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#5metamaraPosted 5/8/2014 12:48:39 PM
Envious giant should be level 70, so just debuff and buff the boss so your party can tank better. With your level, you should fuse trumpeter who will learn debilitate, which is sukunda, tarunda and rakunda debuffs in one cast. Perfect for the upcoming boss.

What's your best physical?
---
Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh
#6_RMT_Posted 5/8/2014 12:50:08 PM
terran3999999 posted...
What level is the Envious Giant? It might help to be at least at its level.

The game kinda "punishes" you for being low level because it uses the characters levels as part of the damage formula(really stupid if you ask me) so if there is a large gap between you and the enemy(ies) you get hit a lot harder.

he starts at 79 so you'll need to be at least 79.
No man, he starts at level 75. What the hell is it with you and giving out the wrong information?

Do I know you?
Well anyways you can fuse it at 75, I was mistaken and thought it was 79 but you might as well level up to 79 anyway if you're going the true ending route (you're still on just the good ending) also helps to have some points in the Tower social link (tutoring) because he gets Hassou Tobi at 83.
#7astrophysPosted 5/8/2014 12:54:06 PM
Adachi and Ameno-sagiri AREN'T the final bosses. Or more accurately, they ARE the final bosses of the Normal Ending, but they AREN'T the final bosses of the True Ending. And if for some reason you unlock and do the bonus dungeon but not the True Ending, yet a different boss will serve as the "final boss" that you encounter.
#8MakotoYuriPosted 5/8/2014 1:22:07 PM
let thor/loki learn thunder reign/niflheim and try again, let naoto throw out some buff items and youre fine
---
Persona 4 is as important to the series as the quest of feeding the cat
#9ronaldPoe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 1:27:45 PM
Thanks for the tips but do you have any advice for level grinding to a comfortable level? I also am curious if there are any "easy" personas that should do the job? Adachi and Ameno-sagiri are the final bosses. Izanagi is more of a True Final Boss and is optional (unless you want the True Ending). Also should I even go after that ending on the first playthrough?
#10SNeIaPosted 5/8/2014 1:46:51 PM
There's little reason not to go for the True ending on your first play through.