Gold hands give me no exp? (New to Persona)

#1Yoga_PantsPosted 5/8/2014 9:33:13 PM
Just started my first playthrough a few days ago. I noticed some people commenting that Gold Hand mobs give a lot of XP/Money yet when I kill gold hands I only get 1xp but 3k yen.

Is there something I'm missing? A friend of mine told me gold hands are meant to give out way more than 1xp? I'm also finding that I'm pretty underleveled in the first and second dungeons... so idk what's going on? Do I need some social link level to get more XP :S
#2CommodoreConnPosted 5/8/2014 9:38:31 PM
Are you sure they are gold hands? Because hands are a regular enemy type too. Make sure you kill them, its no good if they run, the higher level you are the less exp you get, but gold hands should always be giving a substantial amount. They can only be found in chests and in dungeons maps (they have a unique enemy map sprite and they run from you), level wise for dungeon two you should be level 20ish, high 20's mean you are pardon the pun, golden. :3
---
Pokemon Y FC 4742-5499-3144
Friend Safari Fighting Type: Meinfoo, Pancham, Tyrogue
#3Yakra88Posted 5/8/2014 9:40:35 PM
Are you playing Golden or the PS2/PSN version? The only give money in the original game.
---
So, where is my dream? It is a continuation of reality.
But where is my reality? It is at the end of your dream.
#4Yoga_Pants(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 9:42:35 PM
Yakra88 posted...
Are you playing Golden or the PS2/PSN version? The only give money in the original game.

Yeah I'm playing the PSN version.

Guess I'll just spend an extra 10 hours grinding xp fml
#5shadowkratos774Posted 5/9/2014 9:09:50 AM(edited)
Yoga_Pants posted...
Yakra88 posted...

Yeah I'm playing the PSN version.

Guess I'll just spend an extra 10 hours grinding xp fml

I don't know what your exact situation is, but the game makes it hard to grind on purpose so that you actually start devising strategies and fusing new Personas. If the boss is weak to fire, then fuse a persona with a fire spell; if the attacks are too strong then get one with Tarunda (lowers enemy atk) and Rakukaja (increases your defense).

I'm not saying it's grind free, but the amount of people I see complain about it and then reveal that they're still using Izunagi is astounding.
---
...but in time, they will join you in the sun.
3DS FC: 4613-7001-8523, please PM me if you add me.
#6ryusashiPosted 5/9/2014 12:59:53 PM
As poster above said, its more about devising a strategy to overcome the current problem(s). My problem was first mini boss fight (stupid knight guy). I jus barely eeked out a victory (everyone was leaning over and had super low hp). Gold hands in p4g are super cheap way to exp grind, but idk about other versions. I suggest getting a persona to learn at least 3 of the 4 elements, 5-6 if you can get hama/mudo on. Fusing is the best way to make new and more powerful persona. Un-pro tip: try to a phy persona and a magic persona in party at all times. Long story short: covers all needs (and golden hands are only weak to phys [all the ones I met anyways]).
---
To live is to know pain and suffering, and to grow stronger still from it.
Fc: 1864-8429-9798. Lampent, pumkaboo, drifblim
#7WindyNightsPosted 5/10/2014 10:45:32 AM
ryusashi posted...
As poster above said, its more about devising a strategy to overcome the current problem(s). My problem was first mini boss fight (stupid knight guy). I jus barely eeked out a victory (everyone was leaning over and had super low hp). Gold hands in p4g are super cheap way to exp grind, but idk about other versions. I suggest getting a persona to learn at least 3 of the 4 elements, 5-6 if you can get hama/mudo on. Fusing is the best way to make new and more powerful persona. Un-pro tip: try to a phy persona and a magic persona in party at all times. Long story short: covers all needs (and golden hands are only weak to phys [all the ones I met anyways]).

Avenger Knight is now weak to Agi in P4G *no weakness in vanilla*,and the Gold Hands resist every attack sans Almighty and blocks Hama/Mudo.

For the Almighty spell dilemma,Taotie *Tower Lv35* has Megido,or if you can't fuse him rely on Chie's Black Spot + Rebellion,to knock them down via critical hits for AoA's.
---
With every act,due recompense.
PSN : ReiSetsuna(US,inactive),Ruquion(HK,active) | Playing : Trigger Happy Danganronpa,FFX/X2 HD Remaster,Gloria Union