JP only?!

#1NeojianXPosted 3/6/2012 10:31:29 AM
There was your name on my money for a PS Vita. Same for Nintendo with the 3DS and Culdcept. Seriously! I might not even buy any next gen console for Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo for reason of having them all last gen based on my Opinions of all of them.

The localization of games with all consoles and handhelds is ass, when it comes to the ones I like. Not buying your other stuff until you get game releases in all regions correct.

I don't mod or soft mod my systems to get around it and play a game not in my language. That's dumb!
---
Adele and Rihanna for the Win.
#2NeojianX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 10:32:17 AM
Six and seven months later might be to late. Specially as a Gamestop exclusive.
---
#3ShinaroujiPosted 3/6/2012 10:59:28 AM
You're looking at another decade or two before JRPGs are released near the same time frame in different regions, if that. Have fun waiting.
---
Playing: Tales of the Abyss, Radiant Historia, Persona 3: Portable, Metal Gear Solid HD
Anticipating: Tales of Graces
#4NeojianX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 11:32:01 AM(edited)
No, the Game Industry has failed at trying to turn JRPG Gamers into FPS Gamers. So now you try and get them into Fake JRPGs that are more Shooters or WJRPG MMORPGs, but single player like FFXII. HOw did those sells of that game do?

I got a metal case collector's Edition for $8.99 new not long after it's release. Open new but sold as used during a B2 Get 1F sale. Same for DQ8 collector's set. Sony removed PS2 BC from PS3s and that kinda ended it all for Sony with me. The PSP 3000 is the best Sony has out now for the money as a JRPG Gamer.

Nintendo is on the same track with no GCN BC Wii out now. There ass had to get in gear to make Xnoblade already in English a Gamestop Exclusive in April. Not too bright and many have modded their system to play the EU version in the same English. They probably got a slick version of Zelda SS after having already modding.

Almost at Nintendo's suggestion.
---
#5FScellPosted 3/6/2012 11:43:43 AM
but single player like FFXII. HOw did those sells of that game do?

Uh, tremendously well.

It was one of the highest selling games on the PS2 that year, and sold more after that.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#6Strain42Posted 3/6/2012 12:00:05 PM
Boo-hoo, whine whine. If you want to play every single JRPG out there, learn the language and move to Japan. Or just learn the language and pay gobs of money to import.

Most games that are any good get localized, and if they don't there's usually some sort of reason for it.

If you honestly believe that this game won't get localized, you're a fool. Persona is one of Atlus' biggest sellers. The game comes out in Japan in June, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we had it on shelves by the end of the year.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#7demonsword765Posted 3/6/2012 1:05:53 PM
Yeah I'm with Strain here. Plus this sounds more of a "Blah blah blah your needs" kind of thread.
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!
#8Semi45aPosted 3/6/2012 2:24:18 PM
Strain42 posted...
Boo-hoo, whine whine. If you want to play every single JRPG out there, learn the language and move to Japan. Or just learn the language and pay gobs of money to import.

Most games that are any good get localized, and if they don't there's usually some sort of reason for it.

If you honestly believe that this game won't get localized, you're a fool. Persona is one of Atlus' biggest sellers. The game comes out in Japan in June, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we had it on shelves by the end of the year.

why would you need to learn the language, just pay gobs of money and play off the knowledge you had on playing the PS2 version.
---
Special Olympics is like Taco Bell, everyone's a winner
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#9Strain42Posted 3/6/2012 3:09:08 PM
I was referring to Japanese games in general, not specifically Persona 4
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#10SkaldskaparmalPosted 3/6/2012 3:15:27 PM
Oh god, not you.