Anyone else go to the Spirit Camera Gamestop event?

#1NinetoZeroPosted 4/17/2012 2:18:27 PM
It was on the 14th where I live (Texas). Basically, there was a Nintendo representative at the store, and she showed me a few levels of the game as a promo. It was pretty cool actually- I scanned a guy's face, and it disappeared and there was "HELP ME" written in blood on the table. :D After that, I had to find his message somewhere in the store (remember, I was walking around Gamestop looking for ghosts, lol), and it was on the light on the ceiling.

Overall, it was a cool experience, the game was fun, and the Nintendo rep. was really nice. I wouldn't pay $40 for it though- maybe $25 or $30 at most. Then again, they were giving away free headphones (about $15) to people who bought the game, so I guess it was a fair price in the end.
---
Official Clover of the 999 & Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward boards.
3DS FC: 4382-2149-3504
#2bluemarioPosted 4/17/2012 2:35:30 PM
Sounds cool what part of
Texas was the event?
---
"They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes." SadHillShowdown
#3jesse7150Posted 4/17/2012 3:53:25 PM
$40 seems fair for a unique new experience.

You'll be able to sell it on ebay for that much easily unless they keep making em.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#4ScareCrow361Posted 4/17/2012 9:11:38 PM
i would have but there wasnt an event within 100 miles of me. i had it preordered tho and picked it up the 13th. i find the game very cool and unique and with the limited print run i think it was worth $40. got some headphones with it too even tho they kinda crappy
#5cadorPosted 4/20/2012 12:38:36 AM
Didn't they have some sort of promo in a supposed haunted house or something?
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#6DOAsaturnPosted 4/23/2012 7:09:05 AM
jesse7150 posted...
$40 seems fair for a unique new experience.

You'll be able to sell it on ebay for that much easily unless they keep making em.

Not sure if you could get full price. I got my copy on ebay for $30 total (incl. shipping). Now it could be they limit production if it doesn't sell as hoped and that'll keep the resale value up long term.
---
I'm an every system fanboy!
Tracking every 3DS release - www.3DSvault.com