So let's talk about supporting here...

#1AkuScornPosted 4/20/2012 1:54:44 PM

Just a discussion about supporting this game.

I want to just point out my opinion and say what has been on my mind for a while now- if you buy this game, are you really supporting the Fatal Frame series, or are you supporting more spin offs of this game?

Just curious to know what other think about supporting here. Personally, I'm unsure of that if we buy this game it's going to show more support for the Fatal Frame series (1-4 so far and the remake of 2), or if we're supporting more spin offs of this game series.

#2mattersvillePosted 4/21/2012 3:01:54 PM
I think it's more general than that. By supporting niche/horror/mature games we are showing there is a market for such games.
---
My Blog/Comic is funnier than your Blog/Comic.
http://sundaysmash.wordpress.com/
#3ElectricMolePosted 4/22/2012 7:45:54 AM
What if Tecmo doesn't want us to support this game so Nintendo will end its contract of ownership of the series.
The fact that this game seems half-baked and Wii is getting a remake of an old entry of the series instead of another original sequel after Mask of the Lunar Eclipse got rejected for localization might be sending a message out there.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#4X_OldSnake_XPosted 4/23/2012 10:24:40 AM
Yeah I would say if we are supporting anything it is also the genre and the fact that we like maybe the AR aspect if you will.

Even though we did all buy because of fatal.frame. Love that.flipn series!
#5CressDXXPosted 4/23/2012 2:24:58 PM
Im gonna buy this game on day 1 here in EU.
I love the fatal fram series and will support them.
---
3DS FC: 4425-1804-8511
#6Mana_RunighaPosted 4/23/2012 5:30:41 PM
ElectricMole that is horrible logic. It is suicide for a company to make a game and then send a message of "don't buy me as I hate my boss". That makes no sense, especially since Nintendo support is what helped get Lunar Eclipse made in the end. If you want another title localized, then showing that you are willing to support this title will make that happen. Heck, if this title does well, they might consider localizing Lunar Eclipse. I know that is highly optimistic and possibly unrealistic, but it isn't impossible.
#7millimaynePosted 5/2/2012 6:28:37 PM
Yeah, poor decisions made by the companies in charge of this IP don't mean if you're a fan of the series and own a 3DS that you shouldn't buy the game brand-new.
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd