Rate Their Chances Day 8: Protagonist (Persona 3)

#1SmashStrikePosted 9/9/2011 9:19:43 PM
Welcome to Rate Their Chances Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena Edition!

Mitsuru got 9 votes with an average of 36.11%. This gets her in 5th place.

The closest prediction was naiba_lucian with 30%. They get 10 noms today.

-History-
For those of you who were never on a Smash Bros board and are not familiar with Rate Their Chances, it is a series where each user gives a percentage on how likely they think a character is to make in a fighting game. Many users ran the long-lasting series on the Brawl board over a span of a year. 7 of the top ten percentages made Brawl in some form or another. Being that I was a regular poster on the pre Brawl boards and now that one of my favorite game series is churning out a fighter, I thought this would a cool to set it up here.

-Rules-
1. A user can rate a character's chances to make P4U on a scale of 0.01% to 99.99%. If a score is way off the mean, such as a score of 99.99% for Desk Cleaning Girl, the score will be scratched so it doesn't throw off the real average. It is encouraged to explain why you give a score, but you don't have to if you really don't want to. Never post an extremely high or low percentage in order to "balance the score". It defeats the purpose of the topics.
2. Every user can have five nominations a day, which they can use all on one character (like +5 Elizabeth) or spread them out over more than one character (like +2 Elizabeth, +2 Theodore, +1 Margaret). The characters each user nominates must be a 1st party or 2nd party character who has appeared in an Atlus game in the past. They also must have originated in a video game. Additionally, a user can attempt to predict the collective average that the On Deck character the next day will receive from all the ratings. The user who predicts the closest to the actual score will get 10 nominations instead of 5 (I will determine how many noms it will take to get a character On Deck after today or tomorrow).
3. Do not fight or flame in this topic. Do not start arguments either or add to them. This is a fun thing that should be enjoyed.
4. If you don't give the character a rating without giving a good reason why you're unable to (i.e. not knowing who the character is would be a GOOD reason), your nominations will not count.

Example Topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/60279574

-Confirmed Characters-
Yu Narukami
Aigis
Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satonaka
Yukiko Amagi
Kanji Tatsumi
Teddie

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/09/08/persona_4_ultimate_screens/

-Leaderboard-

-Top Five-

1. Naoto Shirogane: 97.50%
2. Elizabeth: 63%
3. Akihiko Sanada: 45.63%
4. Yukari Takeba: 45%
5. Mitsuru Kirijo: 36.11%

6. Junpei Iori: 34.7%
7. Tohru Adachi: 19.45%

Character of the Day: Protagonist (Persona 3)
Bio: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Protagonist_(Persona_3)

On Deck: Margaret

The Nominations List:

Marie/Mary - 25
Izanami - 20
Takaya Sakaki - 20
Nanako Dojima - 15
Ken Amada - 9
Korormaru - 2
Demi-Fiend - 2
Ryotaro Dojima - 2
Mitsuo Kubo - 2
Mary (Soul Hackers) - 2
Alice - 1
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#2naiba_lucianPosted 9/9/2011 9:27:48 PM
Well, I really really adore Minato, and my love for him only grew even further after watching the video renditions of the Drama CD bits (need to cool Aigis off urgently? No problem, just give her an icecream as watch as she (SO CUTELY) starts nibbling on it and licking it.)...but since we're only talking about the man himself and not the shadow, it pains me to have to give this one a 0.01%. He's still very much indisposed at the moment, and although his 'revival' process has been hinted at numerous times, that won't come just yet. (I mean, what does Inaba and/or the TV world have to do with the location of the Great Seal?)
We'll have to wait at least until P5 for that.

There's simply no way in hell Atlus is going to do this yet, and even if they did (which would be an utter slap in the face...I mean, come on, pulling something as big as THAT off in a spin-off game of a series that was already a spin-off to begin with?), Minato would be far too weakened to fight, even in the non-story modes.

Just.
No.

And, as you may have expected, 10 nominations for Shadow Minato. No, it's not just to piss you off, Smash. (LOL, how'd I get it right again? good lord)

35% prediction for Margaret.
#3naiba_lucianPosted 9/9/2011 9:29:57 PM
Apologies for double posting, but there's actually one thing I had forgotten.

We already have two fools in the currently confirmed character roster. Adding another one is highly unlikely.
#4zeik56Posted 9/9/2011 11:36:53 PM
I'll say there's like a 10% chance, as a non-canon fighter. I don't really want it to happen, but I won't rule out the possibility if the game ends up being popular and he's highly requested. If non-canon fighters are not an option (which wouldn't surprise me) then the chance would drop to like 0.1%, as I really don't see them actually working him into the story.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#5Reiji SPosted 9/10/2011 12:19:18 AM
5 percent.
---
"If there's one thing worse than good men doing nothing, it is they're doing something bad."
#6SpacePr8RobertsPosted 9/10/2011 3:59:56 AM
60%, but probably as a hidden character/boss.

Predict 40% for Margaret.

Nom Izanami +3, Koromaru +2
---
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
#7Xinck1990Posted 9/10/2011 6:55:49 AM
3%, I don't think the Midnight Channel has anything to do with the P3 MC.

My prediction for Margaret's average is 65% at best.

And my nomination will go to Takaya. Really need a villain rep in the game.
#8AgnosticMessiahPosted 9/10/2011 8:40:45 PM
85% for P3 main
I'm really pulling for his inclusion
plus seeing as how this game is probably going to be just one giant ball of fanservice for persona fans, why the hell not
Also I must add, very impressed with how little the FMC is being mentioned, lets hope it stays that way
#9SmashStrike(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2011 8:42:49 PM
I give P3MC 5%, he died a good death and it shouldn't be ruined by this game (or any other imo). I nom Shadow P3MC +5 and predict 70% for Margaret.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#10SpacePirateSealPosted 9/10/2011 9:00:44 PM
AgnosticMessiah posted...
85% for P3 main
I'm really pulling for his inclusion
plus seeing as how this game is probably going to be just one giant ball of fanservice for persona fans, why the hell not
Also I must add, very impressed with how little the FMC is being mentioned, lets hope it stays that way

I'm pretty sure this game is the sequel to Persona 4.
---
PSN->TheReal_Seal SSF4AE Mains: Vega Sub: Orochi_Oni, Yang!
Chunli-"you wouldn't want to touch any other stick."PKMN Black FC: 4427 2869 9532