Which game introduced/got you into this series?

#1Super SlashPosted 8/3/2012 1:57:06 PM
Which one? - Results (315 votes)
Persona
9.21% (29 votes)
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
0.63% (2 votes)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
3.81% (12 votes)
Persona 3/Persona 3: FES/Persona 3 Portable (please specify)
63.17% (199 votes)
Persona 4
19.05% (60 votes)
Persona 4 Arena
4.13% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I started with P3P in November 2011. I had heard great things about the series way before I actually played it, and it quickly became one of my favorite RPG series once I played it. Then I played P4 and I was amazed at how awesome it was.
#2smasher61Posted 8/3/2012 1:57:59 PM
I never played a persona game so...this one I guess
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
#3zeik56Posted 8/3/2012 2:00:22 PM
Technically P1 was the first Persona I ever played, but I only played it because I was hyped for the original Persona 3 to come out.

P3 was definitely the game that got me into the series and MegaTen in general.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#4KelvyDinchtPosted 8/3/2012 2:01:13 PM
Persona 3 FES... now that I think about it I have no clue how I found out about that game/decided to buy it. It kinda just... appeared in my game collection o-o
---
My favorite FFs: V, VIII, IX, and XIII.
#5DreikoSaMaPosted 8/3/2012 2:02:09 PM
P3, the original original one. Not even FES.

I got into SMT through that game...playing Nocturne with all my "persona" speaking and stuff was a....funny departure of an experience and took some getting used to. I can see how they intended it to be since most people they assumed would play them the other way around...but it was still good the way I did it too. :D
---
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/Dreikoo/simplebeauty.jpg
<3
#6Imagination5Posted 8/3/2012 2:03:03 PM(edited)
I remember seeing a review for Persona 3 about...four years ago, when I was fourteen. The whole Evoker thing was what caught my eye, I suppose. I'd never seen suicide motifs in a game before, never mind it being used in a gameplay mechanic.

When I first saw a review, it made it seem like some kind of hyper free roam, Elder Scrolls like adventure. It was a really bad review in hindsight.

Not that it particularly mattered. The moment my parents saw that it involved shooting yourself in the head in any capacity, they were very much against it. Forbade it entirely. It wasn't until a couple of years later that I got FES on Ebay and absolutely loved it. I was quite lucky and managed to get it bundled with P4 for a pretty decent price.
#7Ace_DefectivePosted 8/3/2012 2:08:31 PM
Nocturne was what introduced me to the Megaten series but it was P3 that convinced me to finally give it a try. I've been backtracking since then and I can't help but wonder why I never gave the series a chance much sooner.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAjKHgxrJQ <3
Still hoping for a sequel. Please make it happen, Tri-Ace.
#8DreikoSaMaPosted 8/3/2012 2:24:57 PM
Ace_Defective posted...
Nocturne was what introduced me to the Megaten series but it was P3 that convinced me to finally give it a try. I've been backtracking since then and I can't help but wonder why I never gave the series a chance much sooner.

It was just too niche and not enough people knew about it. P3 was the first thing to really get noticed back in 06/07.
---
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/Dreikoo/simplebeauty.jpg
<3
#9Anime-ToLPosted 8/3/2012 2:26:35 PM
Persona 3: Portable. Technically, though, I only gave it a shot because I heard of the Persona 4 Anime, so maybe that could count for Persona 4 (even though I hated the P4 Anime the first time I saw it, and only liked it after playing P3P).
#10FallenTrepiePosted 8/3/2012 2:50:07 PM
P3FES

Though I had played the Digital Devil Saga games first.
---
PSN: TrepieOmega