Is there an alternate/True ending in Arcade Mode (spoilers)

#1_alcheimPosted 8/3/2012 2:44:32 PM
When you finish arcade mode with a character, and you get to the part where the player is inviting Labrys to join up with their friends... Labrys suddenly stops as if she was shut off remotely, and then the scene cuts off and the credits roll.

Is there more to the Arcade Mode ending? (I.e. there's a secret boss, or there's a set of conditions to get a complete ending)
#2Raven236Posted 8/3/2012 2:48:57 PM
Not in arcade mode.
Story mode yes.
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura
#3ReiashiPosted 8/3/2012 4:14:27 PM
Iirc you go through the story mode with each character once, unlocking new stories along the way. Then after you finish up all the first half of their stories, you unlock the act 2s for each story.
#4protagonist94Posted 8/3/2012 4:26:12 PM
Reiashi posted...
Iirc you go through the story mode with each character once, unlocking new stories along the way. Then after you finish up all the first half of their stories, you unlock the act 2s for each story.

There's a part 2.....FOR REAL?!?!?!
---
I am thou, thou art I
#5_alcheim(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 4:34:20 PM
Thanks for the replies. I haven't cleared all story lines yet, since it got a bit long-winded. So I've been doing Arcade Mode and was guessing that maybe certain conditions would unlock the true ending... since you don't get to fight Elizabeth normally.

I was hoping it'd be similar to old fighting games where if you didnt lose any rounds, or if you ended each fight with a finisher, you'd get a secret boss, and ending.
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=09s-c2JVI40
#6QL777Posted 8/3/2012 5:39:37 PM
Raven236 posted...
Not in arcade mode.
Story mode yes.

What? There's a true ending to the story mode? As in a true canon route? Or are you just talking about the extensions to each character's story?
#7pandacakezPosted 8/3/2012 6:21:47 PM
As far as my gazing at a stream taught me - you only get the original 4 IT members in the beginning. You beat the first half of their stories until you reach the To Be Continued message and move on to do unlocked character's first half. Then you go back and finish their second halves, and then their character's story is completed.

I have yet to see a True Ending that answers the question of who's story within the TV actually happened, but every story is consistent (mostly) before they enter the TV and after they leave it.
#8rabies_nekoPosted 8/3/2012 6:50:21 PM
QL777 posted...
Raven236 posted...
Not in arcade mode.
Story mode yes.

What? There's a true ending to the story mode? As in a true canon route? Or are you just talking about the extensions to each character's story?

There is a true ending but not a canon route as far as I can tell. It doesn't matter anyway since who fights who on the way to the end doesn't change a thing.