Your Main/Sub and why

#31shotyme(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 10:36:01 PM
OwlRammer posted...
Poor mixups

Well if you don't already do them, here are some more to help make that less of a con. You can one more cancel during the 3rd A of his auto combo where he is going on both sides of the person. Obviously that will be done when you are on the other side of them. You can also wait for the second to last hit then do his dash move (6C) torwards them then grab, it will leave you at level 3 cyclone if you time it right/grab connects, so you can do some stuff like his trial 27 combo/variants of that. Not really a mix-up, but useful none the less. Also, if you knock them down, you can jump torwards them, land, then do your sweep. When people see the jump, they will block high, especially given how he only has one low attack, so this catches people pretty often. His D is also pretty good for setting up mix-ups for obvious reasons.

Also,

Main: Akihiko
Reason: I just chose a random person and got him lol, loving it so far.

Don't have a sub yet, when I master Akihiko then I will probably go on to Kanji since I am obligated since Tager to use the grappler in the fighting games I play.

That random was destiny lol. Thanks for the advice too..nothing wrong with new tips. Ill see if I can incorporate into my Bait and Take game.
Not using the BnT makes me freer than my ancestors(yes a black joke XD)
Im interested in Kanji myself as well..Ive seen some..ipromise in him. Oh gawd dont mention Tager aka He Whom Owns My Soul XD
---
Currently playing:Ncaa 13,KoF13,Devil Survivor,Persona 4A(Best Akihiko user)
Waiting: Last of Us,Persona 5,Dragons Crown,Resi6,any good rpg
#32AyzawaPosted 8/11/2012 10:37:48 PM
Labrys
Pros: Looks + Range
Cons: Slow to an extent and I'm not used to holding a key down for Tsurugi
---
PSN - Lasercom
P4A - Labrys
#33shotyme(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 10:39:33 PM
Xaldin0011 posted...
Main: Yu Narukami - Didn't even mean to main him, just started playing ranked matches with him and...didn't stop.

Sub: Akihiko - Swaggalagin. Dem punches, dat look, dat voice, dat style. Dat swag.

Sub2: Aigis - <3. Simply for being Aigis.

Sub3: Kanji - Dat Troy Baker. Always liked grapplers, and I liked Kanji a ton in P4.

Swagtastic indeed..Yu with his i get all the h*** swag and Senpai with his...
Hes just frikkin awesome. Im seeing alot of Yu's and Kanj's...definitely much learn the latter.
---
#34shotyme(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 10:43:48 PM
la_mayonesa posted...
Teddie

-FIts my playstyle of spending more time getting a couple good moves in a safe position and running away rather than focusing on long combos
-Not a lot of Teddie's online right now so most people don't know how to react to him (still tons of people that don't know Circus Bear is unblockable)
-Items are fun
-Responding to hate mail with bear puns

That pile of unrandom randomness jk
Thats unique though..I dont see alot of Teddie's online. Suprise is on your side of course..also you should make a topic showcasing pics of the bear pun antics...that would be beary golden
---
#35HidanPosted 8/11/2012 10:45:40 PM
Main- King Kanj. Favorite P4 character. I like everything about him, love his style in this game. Take-Mikazuchi Shining Finger!

Sub- Chie
Second favorite P4 character. Never really liked a heavy kicker fighter before either. Still need to actually use her, just been sticking to Kanji currently.
#36MedicalGamerPosted 8/11/2012 10:47:27 PM
I don't have the game yet but if I were to choose a main and sub.

Main: Yosuke
Now being a fan of Strider and his mix UPS back as a kid, I am really interest into trying to learn him. He is very mix up heavy and seems to be a great and fun character once you get the hang with him. Plus he's Brosuke for goodness sake!

Sub: Aigis
Now I can tell there are gonna be match up that are just too difficult for Yosuke to handle, so Aigis may have tools that Yosuke doesn't have. It also helps that I like her character in P3.
---
Specialty:Diagnostics
The official calm guy of every board. UMVC3:Dante/Wright/Ammy P4A:Yosuke
#37OwlRammerPosted 8/11/2012 10:50:38 PM
OwlRammer posted...
Poor mixups

Well if you don't already do them, here are some more to help make that less of a con. You can one more cancel during the 3rd A of his auto combo where he is going on both sides of the person. Obviously that will be done when you are on the other side of them. You can also wait for the second to last hit then do his dash move (6C) torwards them then grab, it will leave you at level 3 cyclone if you time it right/grab connects, so you can do some stuff like his trial 27 combo/variants of that. Not really a mix-up, but useful none the less. Also, if you knock them down, you can jump torwards them, land, then do your sweep. When people see the jump, they will block high, especially given how he only has one low attack, so this catches people pretty often. His D is also pretty good for setting up mix-ups for obvious reasons.

Also,

Don't have a sub yet, when I master Akihiko then I will probably go on to Kanji since I am obligated since Tager to use the grappler in the fighting games I play.

That random was destiny lol. Thanks for the advice too..nothing wrong with new tips. Ill see if I can incorporate into my Bait and Take game.
Im interested in Kanji myself as well..Ive seen some..ipromise in him. Oh gawd dont mention Tager aka He Whom Owns My Soul XD

lol probably. I was just looking at the character select screen and was thinking who to choose, and decided to choose some guy character because all the people I choose happen to be girls and the flak for that gets annoying after awhile. I did choose Kanji first, but he didn't play like a tager at all D: So I chose Akihiko because he is cool.

One other thing to add to that, the part where I say to do the 6C dash thingy after the AA part where he does the uppercut, you can also do a 4D weave to move back some, bait out an attack, then do a corkscrew to get a fatal hit, leaving them in a crumple state to do a good combo. I like to do his one super where he electrifies them with each hit then do the jump B loop thing and end with his anti air for the knock down. Leaves them in shock so they can't move, then you have even more options. The best they can do to move is dash or hop, and if they do either of those you can punish them easy because they have lots of recovery.

And about Tager, I loved him since CS since his new magnetism and gadget finger gave me a billion new reset/tech traps to work with lol
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#38shotyme(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 10:53:57 PM
Hidan posted...
Main- King Kanj. Favorite P4 character. I like everything about him, love his style in this game. Take-Mikazuchi Shining Finger!

Sub- Chie
Second favorite P4 character. Never really liked a heavy kicker fighter before either. Still need to actually use her, just been sticking to Kanji currently.

A Kanji mainer...question...what are his ins and outs? Chain grapples...does his Persona have suprising range..etc? I want to learn him next..him and Nao-chan...
---
#39Bleach313Posted 8/11/2012 11:04:43 PM
Main Kanji:
Pro - Easy to play as and once I get close I can literally destroy the person. Plus he has high health and is my fave P4 character
Con - Very slow and sometimes hard to get close to the opponent

Sub Yosuke:
Pro - Very fast and I think he's funny. Once u learn to play as him good enough it's funny to see ppl scrabble to try to hit him
Con - Low health and too speedy which in a laggy match could mess up his whole strategy.
#40shotyme(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 11:13:30 PM
OwlRammer posted...
OwlRammer posted...
Poor mixups

Also,

lol probably. I was just looking at the character select screen and was thinking who to choose, and decided to choose some guy character because all the people I choose happen to be girls and the flak for that gets annoying after awhile. I did choose Kanji first, but he didn't play like a tager at all D: So I chose Akihiko because he is cool.

One other thing to add to that, the part where I say to do the 6C dash thingy after the AA part where he does the uppercut, you can also do a 4D weave to move back some, bait out an attack, then do a corkscrew to get a fatal hit, leaving them in a crumple state to do a good combo. I like to do his one super where he electrifies them with each hit then do the jump B loop thing and end with his anti air for the knock down. Leaves them in shock so they can't move, then you have even more options. The best they can do to move is dash or hop, and if they do either of those you can punish them easy because they have lots of recovery.

And about Tager, I loved him since CS since his new magnetism and gadget finger gave me a billion new reset/tech traps to work with lol

Now we're talking...gotta have weaving/webbing. As for Kanji not being like Tager thats a plus and negative for me. As for Tager himself...lets just say my Hazama is 3-12 overall...the horror lol. Really though the new mag buffs they gave me made my soul blush. Btw two of those wins came from a mediocre Tager...that one was against someone awesome. Hazama pulled a blessing out his arse with an admittedly random accidental super kick. Life was then good and I retired XD. But definitely will try Kanji. BTW whats your PSN?
---