Challenge mode isn't as direct as blazblue

#1SockNightPosted 8/12/2012 7:19:18 PM
In P4A it just tells you what moves to do and they give you no help at all in blazblue It gives you a move but it also tells you when to dash-cancel and when to jump and so on. Did anyone else notice this and does this bother you a bit?
#2lol_whatPosted 8/12/2012 7:21:26 PM
They have a video demo for a reason, everyone hated how half the challenge mode combos in blazblue had pointless dashes in them you didn't need, not making them officially "needed" to clear the challenge lets you do them in the corner where you don't need to bother with dashes.
#3Jiyuu FalconPosted 8/12/2012 7:22:05 PM
Well, the demonstration reveals those missing details...
#4KinectricPosted 8/12/2012 7:23:14 PM
Jiyuu Falcon posted...

The demonstration didn't reveal to me you had to air dash after the One More Cancel on Yu's 24th challenge. I had to figure that out accidentally -_-
---
Saa, Omae no Tsumi wo Kazoero!
#5SockNight(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 7:26:02 PM
Kinectric posted...
Jiyuu Falcon posted...

The demonstration didn't reveal to me you had to air dash after the One More Cancel on Yu's 24th challenge. I had to figure that out accidentally -_-

^this, its really a problem in aigis's challenges
#6KantonosoPosted 8/12/2012 7:37:13 PM
Blazblue: DO THIS EXACTLY OR UP YOURS!

P4A: Okay, so here's 5 inputs. Use them. If they don't link perfectly for you, you have the freedom to do other things in the middle. ABCD doesn't work with your placement? AABCD is also accepted!

Blazblue: NO SCREW YOU DO THIS EXACTLY OR GO AWAY!

P4A: Yeah, Blazblue is kinda mean, huh? I mean, it tells you do dash cancel when you don't NEED to, but you HAVE to or the game gets all...

Blazblue: EXACTLY, WHAT PART OF THE WORD DO YOU NOT GET!?

P4A: Aaah, Blazblue. As much as we love you, your challenge mode is a freaking annoying and nonsensical waste of time.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Currently playing: Dragon's Dogma, Atelier Meruru.
Currently watching: I feel dirty just saying it... Mysterious Girlfriend X >_<
#7darkzero16Posted 8/12/2012 8:06:49 PM
LoL not bad.

And LoL I watched Mysterious girlfriend a little while back >_> GL with that.
---
Nobody wants to be educated and nobody wants to educate, yet everyone wants to have a vibrant opinion - digidevilwil
Awaiting:ToX/2, NnK, P4G, SAO, AWS1/2
#8Jiyuu FalconPosted 8/12/2012 8:13:42 PM
Kinectric posted...

Wait, so how did the demo do it? If you need to airdash, and the demo didn't airdash, surely it would have failed, wouldn't it?
#9Holy_Cloud105Posted 8/12/2012 8:20:06 PM
Kinectric posted...

Wait, so how did the demo do it? If you need to airdash, and the demo didn't airdash, surely it would have failed, wouldn't it?

The demo had a very visible air dash on the 24th challenge.
---
"Thunder is in the heavens, lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"
#10AndrewRoguePosted 8/13/2012 10:33:20 AM
I do sort of miss the more thorough instructions in BlazBlue. Not a big deal for me on the whole, though. One or two watches of the demo usually fill me in on the weird thing I'm not doing.

For someone familiar with fighting games? That's fine.

For new players... yeah. Not such a good idea there. Many of them aren't going to pick up some of the finer things like necessary dashes/super jumps.
---
Dandy, I do believe that you missed the boat. -Pieke Okata
Missed the boat? Hell, he was at the TRAIN STATION. -Zaphod the Fourth