Akihiko pointers.

#1monkeypahngPosted 9/17/2012 3:48:02 PM
Well it seems like we're gonna have another Persona 4 Arena event in London again courtesy of Astral Heat etc!
And well, this time I hope I get to play on stream. But, before that I want to make sure I don't make myself look like a fool.

I've been watch a lot of videos of Kubo's and another Akihiko player that I think is from Gamefaq and learnt a lot from watching them play I.e. Combos and how to bait and fatal counter.

The issue here is that I haven't played against all the characters, only played against Chies, Yus and Mitsurus, so can anyone give me pointers and tips for every character's match-up?
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#2DRIVEITLIKUSTOLPosted 9/17/2012 3:53:26 PM
cry vs Kanji because you are his barrel of ice cream.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2rnh5du.png
#3GactivefyPosted 9/17/2012 4:05:00 PM
P->00005603

P->00000067

P->000678A8

P->0000065E

should be all the pointers you need
---
"Git gud scroob doe nahmean ghetto and urban as **** ass ***** swag yolo get money all day get dat paper on dem kanjis scrub son" - orpheus_telos84
#4Dragonblade01Posted 9/17/2012 5:02:35 PM
There are some specific pieces of advice for the individual characters, sure; but a lot of the time, you should be more interested in the player behind the character. Matchup knowledge is good for dealing with specific tools, but how your opponent plays is going to be what dictates how you decide to carry out your gameplan.

For example, playing against Kanji, you usually want to start out carefully, since being too aggressive can quickly lead you into traps.

Or against Yu, you need to respect his normals and operate around them.

With Labrys, you'll probably want to stay on the ground a lot and look to land a good 2B.

Against characters that can zone you out pretty easily (such as Yukiko and Elizabeth), you need to be patient as you look for an opening.

But ultimately, how aggressive you play will be based on the aggressiveness of your opponent.
---
PSN: kazukifafner
#5shadowx9471Posted 9/17/2012 5:47:04 PM
Well, here's some general tips:

Naoto - sway the bullets and use D so you never have to approach her when she has traps. If she does double fang, you can punish it depending on what she does. If she cancel as fast as she can, you can 2A kill rush. If she does anything else, you can do raw kill rush. Naotos like to do EX rolls if you not doing meaties. You can jump turn around C if you think they gonna do it.

Yu Narukami - be willing to use the meter to alpha counter him. Make sure you don't alpha counter 2b cause then you'll leave yourself open. You might have to do same thing for Chie. It depends on how good the player is, but if they know how to Persona pressure after oki, 50 meter to get out is not a bad idea, and less risky then mashing and risking 5k punish.

Mitsuru - punish SRKwith stand A while she still in the air. Don't leave yourself open to the ice super by letter her get to the ground after SRK. Or, you can roll ice super then fatal punish, but thats not a sure thing. You might have to counter or sweep to deal with her 5A. Try insta-blocking coup, you get free throw if you do. this matchup depends on how well you deal with her pokes and getting in. Be willing to take throws, fatal counter is. Remember that your all out attack WILL beat her SRK, If you in guessing situation, feel free to do all out attack, then convert off of ground bounce.

Yosuke - jump A alot, that'll beat out alot of things. Be aware that bad kunais, bad moonsaults can be punished with EX kill rush. A good yosuke will rarely throws those out and stay slippery, but keep them honest if they do. Don't be afraid of his counter since it doesn't hurt that much, but if they do it to much, show them your fatal counter punish. Don't mess around with awakening Yosuke on his wake up, Yosukes love to random super when they have the meter to make it safe. If you notice a Yosuke do unblockable on you, roll then punish. Speed boost Yosuke is annoying, but jump A and Jump B randomly is ok way to deal with it.

Aigis - You can roll Aigis 2B and do a giant Fatal Counter punish. If she's in Orgia, chicken blocking is decent, jump C will keep her honest. Don't jump towards a crouching Aigis though, or you'll lose 4k off a anti air combo. Don't get frustrated that you have to block 2b, just be patient. You can always use D, and if she does 2b, roll and punish. Her mixups are godlike, sometimes after her Megido fire, its worth it to not quick get up.

Kanji - Jump C is a decent poke against Kanji, but careful how you use it as you can be punished. Try to stay in the air and do only true block strings. Getting hit by lightning is 10X better then getting thrown. Remember that, take the risky jump attacks all day, but staying on the ground will wither lead to tons of damamge, or mixup/oki that leads to tons more damage. If you do get hit by lightning reversal, you can always do thunder fist super to get out of shock. Akihiko has the unique ability to get out of shock! If you see Kanji use his D lightning move or his anti air grab move, that means his persona is already out so he can't reversal or command grab any more until its gone so use that as opportunity to get in and do some pressure.
---
GT: shadowx9471
#6monkeypahng(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 4:43:12 AM
shadowx9471 posted...
Well, here's some general tips:

Naoto - sway the bullets and use D so you never have to approach her when she has traps. If she does double fang, you can punish it depending on what she does. If she cancel as fast as she can, you can 2A kill rush. If she does anything else, you can do raw kill rush. Naotos like to do EX rolls if you not doing meaties. You can jump turn around C if you think they gonna do it.

Yu Narukami - be willing to use the meter to alpha counter him. Make sure you don't alpha counter 2b cause then you'll leave yourself open. You might have to do same thing for Chie. It depends on how good the player is, but if they know how to Persona pressure after oki, 50 meter to get out is not a bad idea, and less risky then mashing and risking 5k punish.

Mitsuru - punish SRKwith stand A while she still in the air. Don't leave yourself open to the ice super by letter her get to the ground after SRK. Or, you can roll ice super then fatal punish, but thats not a sure thing. You might have to counter or sweep to deal with her 5A. Try insta-blocking coup, you get free throw if you do. this matchup depends on how well you deal with her pokes and getting in. Be willing to take throws, fatal counter is. Remember that your all out attack WILL beat her SRK, If you in guessing situation, feel free to do all out attack, then convert off of ground bounce.

Yosuke - jump A alot, that'll beat out alot of things. Be aware that bad kunais, bad moonsaults can be punished with EX kill rush. A good yosuke will rarely throws those out and stay slippery, but keep them honest if they do. Don't be afraid of his counter since it doesn't hurt that much, but if they do it to much, show them your fatal counter punish. Don't mess around with awakening Yosuke on his wake up, Yosukes love to random super when they have the meter to make it safe. If you notice a Yosuke do unblockable on you, roll then punish. Speed boost Yosuke is annoying, but jump A and Jump B randomly is ok way to deal with it.

Aigis - You can roll Aigis 2B and do a giant Fatal Counter punish. If she's in Orgia, chicken blocking is decent, jump C will keep her honest. Don't jump towards a crouching Aigis though, or you'll lose 4k off a anti air combo. Don't get frustrated that you have to block 2b, just be patient. You can always use D, and if she does 2b, roll and punish. Her mixups are godlike, sometimes after her Megido fire, its worth it to not quick get up.

Kanji - Jump C is a decent poke against Kanji, but careful how you use it as you can be punished. Try to stay in the air and do only true block strings. Getting hit by lightning is 10X better then getting thrown. Remember that, take the risky jump attacks all day, but staying on the ground will wither lead to tons of damamge, or mixup/oki that leads to tons more damage. If you do get hit by lightning reversal, you can always do thunder fist super to get out of shock. Akihiko has the unique ability to get out of shock! If you see Kanji use his D lightning move or his anti air grab move, that means his persona is already out so he can't reversal or command grab any more until its gone so use that as opportunity to get in and do some pressure.

Thank you! This was really useful as I was wondering how to deal with Yosuke (his speed looks so intimidating). Anyway, I'll probably feedback after I go to the event. Off to go learn some bnbs.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#7MeteoritesPosted 9/18/2012 5:40:08 AM(edited)
shadowx9471 posted...

First of all, what? 4k off an anti air combo? Aigis is the only character with no air unblockable attack. She has nothing to anti-air with. The only thing I've found even remotely close to anti-airing people was her j.C, and even then it's not that great. And if you use D and my 2B hits your persona, I can automatically cancel it into Megido Fire, and you won't be able to punish me at all. In fact, if you rolled, you'll be eating a 2k double megido combo and be put in my oki.
#8phalnxPosted 9/18/2012 7:05:28 AM
@shadowx9471
You can punish double fang --> bullets against Naoto? I kept eating a counter everytime I kill rushedA, do I need to do it instantaneously?
#9shadowx9471Posted 9/18/2012 7:54:07 AM
Meteorites posted...
shadowx9471 posted...

First of all, what? 4k off an anti air combo? Aigis is the only character with no air unblockable attack. She has nothing to anti-air with. The only thing I've found even remotely close to anti-airing people was her j.C, and even then it's not that great. And if you use D and my 2B hits your persona, I can automatically cancel it into Megido Fire, and you won't be able to punish me at all. In fact, if you rolled, you'll be eating a 2k double megido combo and be put in my oki.

2b isnt air unblockable but if it does hit you get a jump c to ex megido fire, etc. if they block it, who cares you jump c any ways and the situation is still in your favor. Unless the character in the air is yousuke, its free 2b, and 4k if it hits.
---
#10shadowx9471Posted 9/18/2012 7:58:42 AM
phalnx posted...
@shadowx9471
You can punish double fang --> bullets against Naoto? I kept eating a counter everytime I kill rushedA, do I need to do it instantaneously?

Its actually a guess since she can rekka.

Cancel right away, punish with 2a kill rush
She does all gun shots, kill rush should work, just need to be faster
She does b reload, free kill rush
She staggers bullets, you have to guess, if she shoots a few then cancels, then u can mash kill rush i she cancels early, but youll get hit if she goes through whole thing. If she staggers but uses all bullets, then u wait then kill rush. Theres no way to know what naoto will do, and a good naoto player will do this option cause everything else is punishable.
---