Minor things about the game that bother you

#1Super SlashPosted 11/24/2012 1:10:03 AM
Let's see...

1) The music not looping correctly. This is so annoying, and it bugged the hell out of me in story mode. I'm disappointed that Atlus was too lazy to properly loop it (or ArcSys?).

2) The typos. Did anyone proofread this game? "Gotta to go" in Arcade mode, for example. There are quite a few others (there's also a couple characters' Arcade where Labrys' sentence box says "You're not me...", which she doesn't even say).

3) Re-using voice clips from P4. Granted, this one is pretty high on the minor scale, but it seems like more laziness to me.

I think there's more, but I can't remember them at the moment.
#2piamariePosted 11/24/2012 1:16:03 AM
DP input. I want 623
#3JanneDaArc135Posted 11/24/2012 1:54:06 AM
Dp's themselves should go.
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever
PSN: janne-da-arc24
#4CantidoPosted 11/24/2012 6:46:26 AM
Super Slash posted...
Let's see...

1) The music not looping correctly. This is so annoying, and it bugged the hell out of me in story mode. I'm disappointed that Atlus was too lazy to properly loop it (or ArcSys?).

2) The typos. Did anyone proofread this game? "Gotta to go" in Arcade mode, for example. There are quite a few others (there's also a couple characters' Arcade where Labrys' sentence box says "You're not me...", which she doesn't even say).

3) Re-using voice clips from P4. Granted, this one is pretty high on the minor scale, but it seems like more laziness to me.

I think there's more, but I can't remember them at the moment.

1. It's ArcSys. They loop nothing, EVER. Their flagship fighting games are BlazBlue and Guilty Gear, with songs with a definitive beginning and end with no looping. It just stands out more because Personas songs don't have that. Arcsys people are used to it by now.

The rest is pretty valid. BlazBlue Continuum Shift was even worse about #2.
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.
#5Strain42Posted 11/24/2012 3:13:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6JanneDaArc135Posted 11/24/2012 3:45:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Strain42Posted 11/24/2012 4:39:15 PM
You're right, I apologize. I'll delete it and touch it up. I suggest you do the same though since you decided to quote me on it.

The inconsistencies.

This game says Aigis' activation date was somewhere in 2000, but we already know from P3 that her last battle was in 1999

Which leads me to Labrys. Her story takes place in 1999, which to me makes me no sense at all.

Labrys was Gen 5, right? The first anti-shadow weapons to have humanoid appearances and have a built in Persona.

Her story takes place in April of 1999, right? (I'm going by her date of activation) and for the sake of this, I'm just gonna ignore the error they made with Aigis' date of activation (I actually could be wrong on that [art, I'm not double checking, just going by memory)

But if we assume that Aigis' final battle before she was shut down was in November/December of 99 (I'm just assuming that because her real activation date was apparently in September according to the MegaTen wiki and to sync it up with the events in P3)

That would imply that in the 4 months between Labrys' story and Aigis's activation in September that the Kirijo research group finished and scrapped all of Gen 6, and then built Gen 7 (with a personality from scratch, mind you) before scrapping the program entirely after Aigis.

So in other words, according to Persona 4 Arena, the entire anti-shadow weapon program of using humanoid weapons with Persona powers was a total of about 6 months...

It's not necessarily WRONG but...it just seems kinda hard to buy. Hell, iPhones don't even come out that quickly. Would it have been a big deal to have Labrys' story in like 1997 or something? At least then we could assume they did one Gen per year.

I dunno why, that just kinda bugs me.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#8JanneDaArc135Posted 11/24/2012 5:01:48 PM
Strain42 posted...
You're right, I apologize. I'll delete it and touch it up. I suggest you do the same though since you decided to quote me on it.

The inconsistencies.

This game says Aigis' activation date was somewhere in 2000, but we already know from P3 that her last battle was in 1999

Which leads me to Labrys. Her story takes place in 1999, which to me makes me no sense at all.

Labrys was Gen 5, right? The first anti-shadow weapons to have humanoid appearances and have a built in Persona.

Her story takes place in April of 1999, right? (I'm going by her date of activation) and for the sake of this, I'm just gonna ignore the error they made with Aigis' date of activation (I actually could be wrong on that [art, I'm not double checking, just going by memory)

But if we assume that Aigis' final battle before she was shut down was in November/December of 99 (I'm just assuming that because her real activation date was apparently in September according to the MegaTen wiki and to sync it up with the events in P3)

That would imply that in the 4 months between Labrys' story and Aigis's activation in September that the Kirijo research group finished and scrapped all of Gen 6, and then built Gen 7 (with a personality from scratch, mind you) before scrapping the program entirely after Aigis.

So in other words, according to Persona 4 Arena, the entire anti-shadow weapon program of using humanoid weapons with Persona powers was a total of about 6 months...

It's not necessarily WRONG but...it just seems kinda hard to buy. Hell, iPhones don't even come out that quickly. Would it have been a big deal to have Labrys' story in like 1997 or something? At least then we could assume they did one Gen per year.

I dunno why, that just kinda bugs me.

Good point thanks!
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever
PSN: janne-da-arc24
#9monkeypahngPosted 11/24/2012 5:15:18 PM
The game hasn't been released worldwide yet. :3
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#10JotamidePosted 11/24/2012 5:42:28 PM
People who skip cutscenes at the beginning of online matches.