Ew, online only trophies...

#1SpeedstersonicPosted 12/5/2012 3:42:17 AM
Just poked in, finishing up golden now, but I just saw there's online only trophies. Why the hell do they do that crap, as a completionist who knows I will probably suck badly online if not for play-wise but for connection-wise (crappy dsl in the country), this makes me feel like i'll never finish the trophies in this.

Used to be good at GG back in the day, haven't really been in the fighting game scene since 4 years ago at college cause I always thought playing with friends was way more fun than by yourself.

Just don't know why devs do that crap when eventually servers will be shut off and you won't get stuff done ever at some point.
---
A man who trusts everyone is a fool, and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools, if we live long enough.
#2BlueAnnihilatorPosted 12/5/2012 5:40:38 AM
As much as I agree, how about you actually make an attempt before you start moaning about it?
---
I agree with you, Blue. - FinalRockerdude, Vgmasta, ZeldaFan42, ObservanTeMK, Magoo111, E121Phi, re4master543, PJiddy, bloodmage3 (cont. in quote)
#3Darkflare_EXPosted 12/5/2012 9:48:42 AM
Online throphies are nothing compared to the "Beat Score Attack with all characters" trophy
---
You cannot select this due to restrictions on connection quality
Not changing sig until I feel like it. (Started: who cares?)
#4phalnxPosted 12/5/2012 10:50:17 AM
Lvl30 might be an issue, barely anyone on ranked andplayrr matches take forever to level
#5JanneDaArc135Posted 12/5/2012 12:07:33 PM
Darkflare_EX posted...
Online throphies are nothing compared to the "Beat Score Attack with all characters" trophy

+1 You should be FAR more worried about this one than online trophies. Also clear all challenges is another crazy trophy to get.
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever
PSN: janne-da-arc24
#6phalnxPosted 12/5/2012 12:13:12 PM
Challenges are pretty easy imo. Just need to finish the last 3 for half the cast and I'm done. I only beat Chie recently in score attack...and I've been trying since September...
#7Haku_SanPosted 12/5/2012 12:16:20 PM
As someone who has platinumed the game, I have to say that reaching level 30 should be the least of your concerns. Completing all challenges is a pain, and Score atta-...oh god score attack...

I think score attack permanently raised my blood pressure by about 30 digits
---
PSN: Crisuki_Misu
#8JanneDaArc135Posted 12/5/2012 12:45:03 PM
Haku_San posted...
As someone who has platinumed the game, I have to say that reaching level 30 should be the least of your concerns. Completing all challenges is a pain, and Score atta-...oh god score attack...

I think score attack permanently raised my blood pressure by about 30 digits

Thats why your my hero Haku, you actually platinumed the game. I feat I will never achieve <.<
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever
PSN: janne-da-arc24
#9DreikoSaMaPosted 12/5/2012 2:36:12 PM
I have a problem with the notion of "completing" a game in which you suck at. How can anyone think they've completed a Fighting game of all things if they've not actually gotten at least decent at the game?

Do the arbitrary titles of in-game element matter this much? This isn't like a pokemon game where catching them all and leveling them up and stuff is the point of the game, to "complete" a fighting game you should at least reach average skill at it and playing online is such a huge aspect of these games that to forgo it and still think you've completed it is just silly.
---
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/609/simplebeauty.jpg
<3
#10raiten313Posted 12/5/2012 2:37:41 PM
DreikoSaMa posted...
I have a problem with the notion of "completing" a game in which you suck at. How can anyone think they've completed a Fighting game of all things if they've not actually gotten at least decent at the game?

Do the arbitrary titles of in-game element matter this much? This isn't like a pokemon game where catching them all and leveling them up and stuff is the point of the game, to "complete" a fighting game you should at least reach average skill at it and playing online is such a huge aspect of these games that to forgo it and still think you've completed it is just silly.

catching all the pokemon isn't a easy thing to do man
i wasted my whole childhood doing that only to catch 150 pokemon before i lost my game
---
PSN:Ethan90235 Currently playing: P4A, Touhou series
"Souji desperately trying to dodge the american drink, The Arizona GreenTea"