Is the autocombo unique in this 2D fighter? No

#1omegafrijolPosted 12/6/2012 10:28:26 AM
1996 Haoh Ninpo Cho(Ninja Masters) & 1997 Pocket Fighter(Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix) did have that mechanic too, yet many people point the finger at this game lol as it was inferior to the rest of fighters lol...
---
#2Rizaadon007Posted 12/6/2012 10:33:19 AM
Huh. Never knew that.
---
"Welcome to the Velvet Monorail! This place resides between Dream and Universal Studios!" -Cantido on how the Velvet Room changes from game to game.
#3DreikoSaMaPosted 12/6/2012 10:52:22 AM
Well, those aren't really "world class tourney fighters" and stuff, I bet most people here don't even know they exist.

Apples and oranges. In any case, auto combo is just a way to punish people who mash A too much, nothing else. :p
---
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/609/simplebeauty.jpg
<3
#4solidoutlawPosted 12/6/2012 12:02:04 PM
If you wanna be strict about strings that combo from pressing one button, a lot of different fighters have that, even if sometimes it's character specific.
---
PSN: rayplay I have not played P4 yet so pls don't spoil!!
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#5IAmMC2Posted 12/6/2012 12:15:24 PM
Auto combo itself is not a problem, but building 50 meter and getting a free supercancel off it is stupid.
---
Rage kicked by DarkfflareEX in P4A for beating his ass. Like a bawse.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#6PrismsbladePosted 12/6/2012 12:36:27 PM
IAmMC2 posted...
Auto combo itself is not a problem, but building 50 meter and getting a free supercancel off it is stupid.

Stupid how idiotic it was for them to waste 50 heat for such low damage, instead of going for such things as oki, or resets.. Though the only issue I personally have with it is the heat gain.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#7Darkflare_EXPosted 12/6/2012 3:33:11 PM
Pocket Fighter didn't end their auto combos with a super.

But if you want an example, Arcana Heart 3 in Simple mode gave you an auto combo.
---
You cannot select this due to restrictions on connection quality
Not changing sig until I feel like it. (Started: who cares?)
#8monkeypahngPosted 12/6/2012 4:05:46 PM
Prismsblade posted...
IAmMC2 posted...

Stupid how idiotic it was for them to waste 50 heat for such low damage, instead of going for such things as oki, or resets.. Though the only issue I personally have with it is the heat gain.

They deserve it if they're going to burn that 50 SP on crap damage.

Anyway, people are acting like combos (combos that yield that amount of damage) in most fighting games are hard. Heck, Marvel you can easily do an ABC launcher or special into super with ease.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#9darkzero16Posted 12/7/2012 7:16:07 AM(edited)
1996 Haoh Ninpo Cho(Ninja Masters) & 1997 Pocket Fighter(Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix) did have that mechanic too, yet many people point the finger at this game lol as it was inferior to the rest of fighters lol...

THOSE DATES!!!!!!!!

Funny thing is I played Pocket Fighter and don't even remember that. I love that game

Edit: Are people really still complaining about Auto Combos?
---
http://i.minus.com/irGvUjPH2WBiL.gif
#10RedtoemonsterPosted 12/7/2012 8:37:22 PM
Though the only issue I personally have with it is the heat gain.

I really want to know what they were thinking with this. I think the auto-combo is a great idea. It makes the game appear more accessible, and let those not so great feel like they can get some damage. It should be something used sparingly by those with experience, maybe as a guaranteed kill to not risk dropping a combo.

But they screw up the implementation by giving it ridiculous heat gain. I main Labrys, and I hate how scrubby it feels. At green axe (sometimes yellow!), if I'm not going for oki, I might as well just autocombo. Her green, midscreen, combos do marginally more damage, but don't have that ridiculous heat gain. It's just silly that the autocombo can often be better than others for certain characters.