(Relatively simple) Elizabeth combo suggestions?

#1Number4RocketPosted 1/29/2013 11:18:22 PM
I sort of didn't want to resort to this (and I already looked at dustloop a bit) but what the hell... anybody wanna help me out

Preferably ones that are execution lax as I am an execution doofus. I don't think I can manage to roll with D-magarudyne in my combos...

At the moment I'm going with B sweep SB-garu B C dC B-bufu (and here I either try to go for a fire or another B-bufu or something, don't really have the finisher worked out).
My consistency with this is still lacking, but anybody have any ideal finishers for it?

And other combos which are not too ridiculous in terms of execution? It would be nice to be capable of doing more than just 1 before trying to go online.
#2OnlyAHeroPosted 1/29/2013 11:34:13 PM
Number4Rocket posted...
dC

You mean 2C? I've just never seen dC before.

Anyway sure, that's fine. For that combo, since they're so far away from you, it depends on what you want from it. If you want just a little more damage/to shock them, then either A or SB Mazio would work. If you want them to be closer to you, then use SB Maragi. If you want to immediately try and go back into a combo, then go for j.C. From j.C, you can almost do whatever you want with Thanatos, since he'll still appear next to them.

If you think they're going to not block for whatever reason, use 5C. You can use either A Mazio after it or do j.C and try it again. Also remember that if they DO end up blocking it, you can cancel it with another move, like 2C or 5D.

If you think they might hit a button or try to IAD, use 2C. After that, you can use 5C > 2C > B.Mabufu > (SB.Maragi/SB.Mazio/j.C) Since Thanatos has a little armor during part of that animation, it's good for getting counter hits.

If you think they'll block, use 5D. After that 2C in the first combo, they should be inflicted with Fear, so Thanatos' grab will be a Fatal Counter and can lead to really good damage, but you should try to connect with 5B after it to actually get much damage off of it.

If you think they're going to jump, use j.C again. Since they can't block immediately after jumping, they get hit and didn't accomplish anything besides getting hit. After that, you can do any of these things again.

If you think they're going to jump before you can use j.C to hit them, then you're going to have to do a very well-timed j.D if you want to try and follow-up. I don't hit j.D very often myself, but I don't go for it outside of like midscreen resets, anyway.

Also, I don't think Liz has many execution-heavy combos outside of ones involving Garu loops. I mostly say that because I can't do Garu loops to save my life.

Anyway, feel free to disregard all of this is someone like RockVolnuttX, Nard, Yuutsu or Ichuto tell you to, they're all better than me with Liz.
---
PSN: GiroTheHero. Current FT100 Record with Ethan: 14-5. Come at me.
Do not let good food go to waste.
#3Number4Rocket(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:42:47 PM
OnlyAHero posted...

You mean 2C? I've just never seen dC before.

Yeah, 2C.
I'm still used to qcb/qcf/srk and b/f/u/p notations rather than using numbers. I can read number notations pretty easily but I don't think I can type them out without looking at the number keys on my keyboard.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I don't think I'll ever bother with Garu loops myself.
#4Number4Rocket(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:42:40 AM
Any tips for approaching with Liz?
Or are you supposed to let the opponent come close enough to you to eat B?
#5Number4Rocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:29:09 AM
I should probably bump this instead of new-threading it.

How the hell do you get past Liz's laser? I know it's a noob-killer and silly at high level play, but I'm a noob and I can't do ****ing anything against it but firing my own.
#6DreikoSaMaPosted 2/1/2013 7:42:28 AM
You just block it, block and approach. She has a lot of recovery after the slow one and a little bit after the fast one, both give you enough time to instant air dash close to her.
---
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/609/simplebeauty.jpg
<3
#7memo7878Posted 2/1/2013 10:49:05 AM
well if this help this is a simple combo done in the corner im sure there are ways to bring it into a corner in other ways, but this is how you could combo into ghastly veil,2C (mindcharge cancel) 2C, B version Bufu,AoA,OMC , ghastly veil
---
PSN:IESlover P4A:Naoto, BBCSE:Lambda SSF4AE2012:Evil Ryu
#8Number4Rocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:22:33 AM
DreikoSaMa posted...
You just block it, block and approach. She has a lot of recovery after the slow one and a little bit after the fast one, both give you enough time to instant air dash close to her.

Every time I tried to block and IAD I still ate the lazer to the face upon leaving the ground. Guess I just need to do it faster or IAD at the top of the super jump better?
#9DreikoSaMaPosted 2/2/2013 12:54:17 AM
Number4Rocket posted...
DreikoSaMa posted...

Every time I tried to block and IAD I still ate the lazer to the face upon leaving the ground. Guess I just need to do it faster or IAD at the top of the super jump better?

Yep, instant blocking it helps too. If you're unsure, just jump forward and block. You'll close the distance slower that way but it's safer.
---
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/609/simplebeauty.jpg
<3
#10aSimpleFoxPosted 2/3/2013 2:35:36 AM
Might be a little late but my 2 cents.

combos:

Unfortunately, Liz players needs to know garu loops. Liz has no combos outside of garu loops. I know there annoying. I know each character juggles differently and counter vs fatal counter garu loops are different. But you need them. Liz isn't a scary character until you start consistently hitting people for 5k + oki and FC combos that can touch of death most of the cast.

Start small and easy with SB.garu combos like what you have already:

(5AA) 5B 2AB 236CD[3~2] > [5A or 5B] 5C(2) 2C 214B 214B j.C

then once you get that down try something like:

5B 2AB 236CD[9~2] j.236D[2] > 2A 5B 5C(2) 2C 214B 214B j.C

and when you feel more comfortable add 2AB > 236D between j.236D[2] and 2A.

As for enders, like OnlyAHero said above, it depends on what your looking for.

4 most common are:
Stuff > 5C(2) 2C 214B 214B j.C [Meterless knockdown with 2C/5D/214A oki]
Stuff > 5C(2) 2C 214B (IAD) 236AB [25 meter for slightly more damage and d.agi oki mixup]
Stuff > 5C(2) 2C 214B 214CD 214214A [Knockdown into safe heal]
Stuff > 5C(2) 2C 214B 214CD j.C [Knockdown damage w/oki]

on the above combos, the ender would be 5C(2) 2C 214B 214B j.C. you can change it depending on situation.

side note: Liz does have a combo that doesn't have garu in it.
5AA 5B 2AB 236236A 2A 5B 2AB 236236A 5B 2AB 236236A 2B j.A j.B (does 2.4k :V)

Number4Rocket posted...
Any tips for approaching with Liz?
Or are you supposed to let the opponent come close enough to you to eat B?

Your going to be playing keep-away for most of the match while you slowly gaining meter for doing nothing. If your opponent is unfortunate enough to get hit with a meterless guru loop you can be sitting on 100 meter in a matter of seconds. Once you get your opponent into the corner with meter you can start doing nasty mixups like 2AA 2B OMC > [j.A (High) or 2A (low) or Throw]

once you get meter, your damage output can really shine, especially 2C 214B AOA OMC 214214C corner combo ender which can potentially bring your damage OFF A FC GROUND THROW TO 7K!!! :O

Try not to throw out Thanatos all willy nilly as well, as Liz's Persona Cards are arguably more important then your life. Speaking of life, if you have below 50%, you might as well mind charge to start building up some awakening health while unlocking more meter to work with. A FC or OMB combo on liz is certain death below 60% life.

5B is a horrible poke. it's -5 on block and most of the cast can slide their hitbox right underneath it. your going to be using IAD j.b for spacing and using 5B mainly as a punish if they whiff something horrible.

Number4Rocket posted...
How the hell do you get past Liz's laser? I know it's a noob-killer and silly at high level play, but I'm a noob and I can't do ****ing anything against it but firing my own.

A.Zio is -35 on block and B.Zio is -15. you can make a little ground while shes still recovering unless she spends 50 meter to OMC. SB Zio is +11 though so keep that in mind.

DreikoSaMa posted...
Yep, instant blocking it helps too. If you're unsure, just jump forward and block. You'll close the distance slower that way but it's safer.

this^

I hope this ugly wall of text help. :3
---
PSN: The_505