(Relatively simple) Elizabeth combo suggestions?

#21aSimpleFoxPosted 2/3/2013 4:11:43 PM
Narroo posted...
What's the advantage of IAD your way past the lasers as opposed to a ground dash or evasion?

IAD height gives her the most options. At that height she can:
- still block, land and recover from opposing attack
- allow very low to the ground j.B pokes (her primary spacing/poking tool) which can convert to full BnB.
- you can quickly land and have all your options available to you. (if they jump at you, land 2B Anti-Air for example)

Ground dashing with liz is generally a bad idea as her dash is slow, her normals are on the slower side and as I said before, j.B is your main poking tool. Dashing up to them to then jumping to press j.B is a good way to get AAed.

Evasion in general is a bad idea outside of escaping certain setups. Its risky even in the right situations, It has bad recovery, and you telegraph where you are going while limiting your options till after the roll. (wasting time that could have gone to building momentum) Its not something you should be doing full screen or at neutral without good reason
---
PSN: The_505
#22NarrooPosted 2/3/2013 7:13:21 PM
Ah, okay. If you were playing Yu would IAD still be the Superior way to go?
#23Number4Rocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:38:39 PM
What's the typical Liz combo off an AoA?
#24ParanoidDronePosted 2/6/2013 9:00:04 AM
If you're in Awakening and have 100 meter, you can cancel the AOA with a OMC and use Ghastly Wail. You can do this midscreen if you're fast enough on the stick, but it's better as a combo ender in the corner.

I've seen a video where someone used Magarudyne after the AOA launcher to continue the combo, but I can't remember any details beyond that. Given the existence of FC 2B jB D.Garu loops, you could probably mash all the hits and get the fatal launcher, then loop with Magarudyne for a bit. (This particular loop is easy since you don't need to worry about steering it anywhere but straight down.) But I don't use her AOA at all except as part of the Ghastly Wail finisher, so take this with a bit of salt.
---
Perfectly mundane and flawlessly average.
#25OnlyAHeroPosted 2/6/2013 9:52:03 AM(edited)
I never do AoA midscreen except for SB Maragidyne > OMC > AoA, which is a horrible mix-up and shouldn't catch people. I think I follow that with something equally horrible like j.B > SB.Magarudyne > D.Magarudyne. I'll never know how I've won rounds with that.

*Waits for RockVolnuttX to post* (Rock plz halp this person my Liz is awful ;-;)
---
PSN: GiroTheHero. Current FT100 Record with Ethan: 17-5. Come at me.
Do not let good food go to waste.
#26aSimpleFoxPosted 2/7/2013 3:10:54 AM
Narroo posted...
Ah, okay. If you were playing Yu would IAD still be the Superior way to go?

im not a yu player, but the same concept should still hold. j.b is a gdlk poke and can lead to good pressure. If your close enough, you can punish with 214d -> OMB combo -> one-dead-liz. or full screen 236236C. Liz has to be extra careful throwing out zio because of this and must OMC on block to keep her safe.

Number4Rocket posted...
What's the typical Liz combo off an AoA?

Basic AOA-C mid screen looks like this:
AOA-C > j.A. j.A j.A j.B > dj.A j.B j.C

ParanoidDrone posted...
If you're in Awakening and have 100 meter, you can cancel the AOA with a OMC and use Ghastly Wail. You can do this midscreen if you're fast enough on the stick, but it's better as a combo ender in the corner.

unless you OMC -> Ghastly on the first hit of AOA, this will whiff midscreen. That kind of hit confirm is a little impractical so only use AOA OMC 214214C if your ending a corner combo and you think you can kill with the additional damage. (or you just feel like burning the meter :3)

I've seen a video where someone used Magarudyne after the AOA launcher to continue the combo, but I can't remember any details beyond that. Given the existence of FC 2B jB D.Garu loops, you could probably mash all the hits and get the fatal launcher, then loop with Magarudyne for a bit. (This particular loop is easy since you don't need to worry about steering it anywhere but straight down.) But I don't use her AOA at all except as part of the Ghastly Wail finisher, so take this with a bit of salt.

Its the jp AOA combo. it goes something like this:
AOA-C j.A SB.Garu[2~3] D.Garu[2] 2A 5B 5C 2C B.Bufu Mind Charge AoA OMC Ghastly Wail (6k dmg)

if you dont want to spend the meter, just do standard ender after 2C.

Also you dont really see lizs use their AOA that often. her j.b OMC j.A/2A mixup is better. if you get them to block SP.Agi you can do OMC 214c -> roll (to mix them up, narukami style) If you get them to block 214d after 214b 214b j.C knockdown ender. you can mix them up with delayed j.A (high) or j.A (whiff) 2A (low).

Beware of using SP.Agi on your opponent's wakeup though. If you mistime it your opponent can roll though both flame walls for full punish.
---
PSN: The_505
#27Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 2/7/2013 5:54:52 AM
AoA omc ghastly midscreen is doable, but it wont do much damage, even when the enemy is feared it only deal like ~2k damage iirc
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#28ParanoidDronePosted 2/8/2013 2:30:32 PM
aSimpleFox posted...
unless you OMC -> Ghastly on the first hit of AOA, this will whiff midscreen. That kind of hit confirm is a little impractical so only use AOA OMC 214214C if your ending a corner combo and you think you can kill with the additional damage. (or you just feel like burning the meter :3)

That's exactly what I meant, AOA then OMC the first hit where Elizabeth bashes you over the head with her book. I didn't even know you could OMC the followup hits for anything worthwhile.

And I'll agree it's impractical midscreen.
---
Perfectly mundane and flawlessly average.