Coins

#1beautycometomePosted 3/2/2012 2:37:17 PM
Anyone know what the coins do? Don't read Japanese.

Especially the special bonuses? I put together Luffy, Owner Zeff, and Buggy and the coins frame turned gold and unlocked some trophy, but have no idea what it does. Thanks if anyone can give any help.
#2Loss4WordsPosted 3/2/2012 7:35:31 PM(edited)
I'm making a list currently of what each coin does ( To the best of my ability ) as I believe many people are curious regarding the coins

When certain coins are placed in the same column and it turns gold, you unlock certain bonuses. Be it additional stat boosts or abilities. However , when you put certain coins together and you see the swords crossing ( For example using Robin and any CP9 ) you either negate the bonuses or greatly reduce them.

Edit : My bad , your asking what certain coins do.
Most coins without texts ( Luffy ) have a symbol next to them. Health, Musuo, attack, defense. Those coins all provide boost to the corresponding stats.

I'm not sure what Zeff does as I haven't tested. I'll post what all The coins that aren't stat related do after I finish the last stage and test the others that I haven't tried
---
So says Mr. Stewart
#3beautycometome(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 8:45:24 PM
Thanks! I've also been experimenting a bit, and here are some combos that I think I've pieced together of the coins I've found so far. Still have no idea what they do though:

Any three of Straw Hat Pirates
Any three women
Any three pirate captains: e.g. Luffy, Buggy, Krieg, Leff
Luffy, Chopper, and Doctorine (forgot her actual name)

If anyone who reads Japanese can translate what the special effect is, that would be great!
#4SonsaruPosted 3/2/2012 9:57:05 PM
Here's the basic system -

Each character can have a maximum of 3 boards with three pockets in each board (Main Pocket in the middle and two Side Pockets). You start with just a Main Pocket in one board.

Aside from the image on the coin, each one has four parameters -

1) A symbol (Sword, Shield, Heart) - The attribute that will be increased when this coin is placed in the Main Pocket - attack, defense, life. The display below the board will chnage to this icon.

2) Stars - The amount the coin will contribute to increasing the attribute for that board, as determined by the Main Pocket if i a Side Pocket
i.e. if the Main Pocket is a sword, even if you put a 3 star heart icon in the Side Pocket, those three stars will be taken and added to attack.

3) Compatibility Effect
Shown in the box in the bottom left of the coin description. Depends on relationship of the face image with the Main Pocket coin when placed in a Side Pocket.

4) Side Pocket Effect
Shown in the box on the bottom right. An additional effect that wll be given if the coin is placed in a Side Pocket.

The issue you face here is that all of these are random for all coins. That's okay for 1) and 2), but if really need to be able to read 3) and 4) for yourself to get the most out of the system.

In terms of compatibility, if the coins are allies, enemies, saved each other, have a romantic interest or its an item they like to use, a handshake / crossed swords / stars / hearts / item between them, which gives additional star bonuses.

Finally, certain combinations of coins can create "One Skils." These are fixed skills that remove all star bonuses for that board but give a different bonus instead. E.g. any three of the Straw Hats gives you "Straw Hat Pirates", which gives you two stars in attack, defence and life. A future guide could help you with these.

So an example would be -

Kuma in the Main Slot with 3 starts for attack
Croc in a Side Pocket with 3 stars for Defense
Ivan in a Side Pocket with 3 stars for life / ally bonus + 1/2 star with Kuma

= 9 1/2 stars for Attack displayed below the board.
---
More meat than web comics, less gristle than fanfics!
Totally original online fiction at www.armyofpuppets.com
#5climhazzard99Posted 3/2/2012 11:29:54 PM
beautycometome posted...
Thanks! I've also been experimenting a bit, and here are some combos that I think I've pieced together of the coins I've found so far. Still have no idea what they do though:

Any three of Straw Hat Pirates
Any three women
Any three pirate captains: e.g. Luffy, Buggy, Krieg, Leff
Luffy, Chopper, and Doctorine (forgot her actual name)

If anyone who reads Japanese can translate what the special effect is, that would be great!

there is no set special effect for the coins but i noticed so far its either atk/def/hp up, + certain moves powered up. so if you see 5 squares then that move is buffed by the coin. by how much i'm not sure.
---
PSN = Benyeh2000
skyo1234 "She personifies this board. A manly man impersonating a little girl. "
#6beautycometome(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2012 12:04:43 PM
Thanks for the responses. Also, anyone know what the Item connector does (looks like a pouch and usually occurs when matching items with the appropriate character (e.g. Luffy with the straw hat, Usopp with the pachinko, etc.)

Here's also a couple more matches I've found for special abilities:

Luffy, Vivi, Croc
Sanji plus two of Vivi, Nami, or Robin
Any 3 from Drum Island
Any 3 from Baroque Works
Any 3 Impel Down Prisoners

Most of these matches make sense based on the story. Still don't know what they do though.
#7climhazzard99Posted 3/3/2012 12:16:02 PM
beautycometome posted...
Thanks for the responses. Also, anyone know what the Item connector does (looks like a pouch and usually occurs when matching items with the appropriate character (e.g. Luffy with the straw hat, Usopp with the pachinko, etc.)

Here's also a couple more matches I've found for special abilities:

Luffy, Vivi, Croc
Sanji plus two of Vivi, Nami, or Robin
Any 3 from Drum Island
Any 3 from Baroque Works
Any 3 Impel Down Prisoners

Most of these matches make sense based on the story. Still don't know what they do though.

hmm i forgot which combo but i achieved "hp recovery items improve" effect. i'll test it out again later
---
PSN = Benyeh2000
skyo1234 "She personifies this board. A manly man impersonating a little girl. "
#8Loss4WordsPosted 3/3/2012 12:59:35 PM
May as well put it here until I compile a complete list , you've already got it listed but by far the most useful setup is Buggy Krieg Arlong. Every 10 beat produces a SP + 500. This allowed me to destroy every map in another log so far and use my Musuo nearly non stop, and allows Luffy to maintain Gear 2 consistently
---
So says Mr. Stewart
#9Hiei_the_SternPosted 3/3/2012 8:05:48 PM(edited)
Luffy. Zorro, Mihawk. (A wound on the back is the shame of a swordsman scene)

Luffy, Zorro, Kuma. (Hmm.. The take all damage scene?)

Luffy, Chopper, Doctor Kureha (go forward, my stupid son... scene)

Luffy, Sanji, Zeff(is that his name? Forgot XD)

And then there's the obvious Marine absolute justice combination, CP9, Shichibukai, Zorro's three sword item santouryou combinations.

Basically just find combinations that references events of the manga :D
---
Future Lalafell Lancer~
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
#10Loss4WordsPosted 3/3/2012 8:05:06 PM
Just discovered that depending on the arrangment of Buggy Krieg and Arlong you can get Life + 1000 instead of SP + 500 or both, making this set that much better.
---
So says Mr. Stewart