So is it weird that this game doesn't look fun to me?

#1X Eric Cross XPosted 4/21/2012 9:51:53 AM
I just feel like I am looking at the same old Dynasty Warriors formula with this game... Stale movement from enemies, combos that don't stop even when an opponent isn't present, and lack of adventure mode. It just looks like another button masher...
---
Pokemon White: 3009 7990 0226
Official Hsien-Ko of MvC3 thread (PS3)
#2zero829Posted 4/21/2012 12:35:35 PM
You don't enjoy braindead QTE?
---
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9711/4cebbcec040d6d9c5ed8d25.jpg
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1818/gagaballrun.jpg
#3sshadow5002Posted 4/21/2012 1:13:45 PM
If you don't like the Dynasty Warrior formula then you won't enjoy this. simple as.
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.
#4KeroroGunsouPosted 4/22/2012 7:54:07 AM
yeah, i don't enjoy braindead dynasty warriors and basara games at all, BUT it's one piece so i just have to get it, maybe if we show demand in OP games by getting this one it will encourage developers to do more because we are quite short with OP games lately
#5japongtPosted 4/23/2012 12:45:02 AM
KeroroGunsou posted...
yeah, i don't enjoy braindead dynasty warriors and basara games at all, BUT it's one piece so i just have to get it, maybe if we show demand in OP games by getting this one it will encourage developers to do more because we are quite short with OP games lately

I really wish we would have gotten the Unlimited Cruise games for the Wii ='(.
---
Official Edenian of the MK Boards!
HOLLA AT ME! PSN: SuppaTenshi
#6X Eric Cross X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 4:34:39 AM
japongt posted...
KeroroGunsou posted...

Yeah I was really upset for that one not making it to the states...
---
#7Oni_TaedoPosted 4/29/2012 12:14:51 PM
I don't get why they did One Piece in this style.
It's not one of those animu that really fits it.

Japanese developers seem to slap just about every name onto something and expect it to sell.
Also, there's been enough One Piece games over the years.
Somehow, I could see Super Sentai, or Kamen Rider working with the DW formula though, and being a rabid SS fan, I would probably buy it, regardless of me not liking the DW formula.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#8niko_srbijaPosted 4/29/2012 2:02:03 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
I don't get why they did One Piece in this style.
It's not one of those animu that really fits it.

Japanese developers seem to slap just about every name onto something and expect it to sell.
Also, there's been enough One Piece games over the years.
Somehow, I could see Super Sentai, or Kamen Rider working with the DW formula though, and being a rabid SS fan, I would probably buy it, regardless of me not liking the DW formula.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.

I personally think it's best to keep One piece games this way, and one piece kaizoku musou did sell over 600k copies first week, soo..
#9X Eric Cross X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 3:09:30 PM
niko_srbija posted...

Oni_Taedo posted...

I don't get why they did One Piece in this style.It's not one of those animu that really fits it.Japanese developers seem to slap just about every name onto something and expect it to sell.Also, there's been enough One Piece games over the years.Somehow, I could see Super Sentai, or Kamen Rider working with the DW formula though, and being a rabid SS fan, I would probably buy it, regardless of me not liking the DW formula.---If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.

I personally think it's best to keep One piece games this way, and one piece kaizoku musou did sell over 600k copies first week, soo..

And Modern Warfare 3 sold more in one day, soo...
---
#10ornclownPosted 4/29/2012 4:51:01 PM
japongt posted...
KeroroGunsou posted...

At least the Euro countries got the Unlimited Cruise games.... just do what I did and import the UK versions. (I also imported the Japanese games too...)

I have to say, although there is a lot of item grinding in the OP Cruise games, they are really a blast to play. Very worthwhile for any One Piece fan.

Also, I don't think that the DW formula is so bad for One Piece. It worked pretty well with Hokuto no Ken, and I think it works even better for OP. The developers really put a lot of extras in Kaizoku Musou that aren't typical of the DW formula. And the online gameplay is pretty fun too.

Of course, what I really want to see is a TRUE sequel to Grand Battle! Rush, on next gen consoles....... that would be sweeeeeeet....
---
Unless you master Hao-ken, you can never beat me.