Why is this game so popular

#1941BlazePosted 9/27/2012 12:17:03 PM
I know the anime, but I didn't realize it had such a big following.
---
I'm too cool for a signature
#2reptyle101Posted 9/27/2012 12:21:24 PM
It's One Piece as a Dynasty Warriors style game. Both of those are very popular (One Piece is I think the best-selling manga of all time in Japan).
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#3Cloudzer00Posted 9/27/2012 12:29:48 PM(edited)
Acepilot95 posted...

You know, One Piece sold 38 million manga volumes in Japan last year.

Naruto was the 2nd best selling manga with 6,8 million sold volumes.
#4Me_Love_HentaiPosted 9/27/2012 12:48:45 PM
Cloudzer00 posted...
Acepilot95 posted...

You know, One Piece sold 38 million manga volumes in Japan last year.

Naruto was the 2nd best selling manga with 6,8 million sold volumes.

I didn't know that O_O
---
I want to impregnate Nono
I LOVE ENDGAME AND KARTHMOOPA AND MOGAR
#5reptyle101Posted 9/27/2012 1:06:59 PM
38 million is a lot until you think about how it sold. One Piece got a bunch of new fans a couple years ago (due to the timeskip and one of the movies), if all of them start buying up the previous volumes (which there is a lot of) that's going to be a lot of sales.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#6YamatoShogunPosted 9/27/2012 1:20:50 PM
reptyle101 posted...
38 million is a lot until you think about how it sold. One Piece got a bunch of new fans a couple years ago (due to the timeskip and one of the movies), if all of them start buying up the previous volumes (which there is a lot of) that's going to be a lot of sales.

To stay consistently on the top and by a huge margin is still impressive nonetheless.
#7dacekidPosted 9/27/2012 1:52:06 PM
reptyle101 posted...

One Piece was the top manga in Japan even before the timeskip...It probably would've been more popular in the US if 4kids never released that atrocious dub.
#8_kybalion_Posted 9/27/2012 2:18:27 PM
reptyle101 posted...

And Naruto didn't have a timeskip and movies?
---
People that end a post with 'discuss' are trash....
#9MwulfPosted 9/27/2012 2:28:35 PM
I'm always a little stunned every time someone else gets "surprised" by the fact that media related to Jump's "Big 3" (One Piece/Naruto/Bleach) are popular.

I mean... really? Come on.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#10FioylPosted 9/27/2012 2:33:27 PM
Even so, selling 940k copies of a game is pretty impressive. Successes like this and Hokuto Musou will keep Koei's heads above water.
---
This is no Zaku, boy! No Zaku!
XBL: Maurigan PSN: Fioyl