Why is this game getting such poop reviews on critic reviews?

#11GenocideHeartPosted 10/3/2012 1:30:23 PM
Actually, an OP fan would appreciate this game, since the various characters play close to how their anime counterparts fought. The real issue is they didn't have EITHER an OP fan or someone who likes slash'em ups play them. There's no point in having a CoDrone play a game like this - they lack the mindset (or the mind at all, for that matter) to play genres other than 'shoot everything in sight, such realistic blood, look at the explosions!'.
---
** PSN ID: GenocideHeart **
Does Hydlide really count as a game? I thought it was supposed to be some kind of torture session. --Tocawe
#12ivanhellsingPosted 10/3/2012 3:14:35 PM
because the world gives a damn about the one piece fandom and their lol Goda
#13Lupin the 4thPosted 10/3/2012 10:52:53 PM
ivanhellsing posted...
because the world gives a damn about the one piece fandom and their lol Goda

No, but you sure seem to care enough to post here. And let me be the first to tell you we appreciate it, handsome. *big hug* Don't know what we'd do without your stellar posts.

And yeah, it's because it's a warriors game. They reviewed it without even playing it, basically. Can almost GUARANTEE that'll happen if Game Informer reviews this, since they copy/paste their reviews for musou games so much it might as well be word for word. Wish I was just being cynical there, but it literally seems that way.

I've played just about every Warriors game out there that's released in the States, and this one played differently enough for me to NOTICE, at the very least. Any reviewer who thinks it's exactly the same, is lazy and full of it and should be disregarded. Any reviewer who dislikes it but at least noticed and points out the differences in their review at the least has credibility on their side.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#14Musashi920Posted 10/3/2012 11:10:01 PM
Reading the comments on this thread I see why people are paid professionally to review games.

This game deserves its 5-7 average rating. I love One Piece and I love musuo games. But this genre hasn't evolved since as someone already mentioned, about DW3. And that was over 10years ago.

Someone argued about some menial platforming or carrying Nami, etc. Each Warriors game has always had a mission or two with that kind of "variety".

What it comes ultimately down to is the fact that you mostly mash Square. Occasionally press triangle or X for a variety of combo. And when you have special you musuo. It has a One Piece skin on it, but its still the same game Koei has been selling to use for the last decade.

5 is average, 6 is above average, and 7 is good. What is wrong with getting that rating?
Gamefaqs are the worst place for discussing rating. A lot of you crying and moan whenever a game YOU bought didn't get a 9+ review.

Is this game fun and enjoyable for its target audience? Yeah. Should they buy it? yeah! Is it so awesome and great that absolutely everyone ever should go out and pre-order and buy day one? Hell the freak NO.
---
PSN: Keiji86Maeda
SF4: Blanka MK9: Kano, Jade MvC3: Wolvie, Spencer, Wesker
#15_kybalion_Posted 10/3/2012 11:29:55 PM
Musashi920 posted...
Reading the comments on this thread I see why people are paid professionally to review games.

This game deserves its 5-7 average rating. I love One Piece and I love musuo games. But this genre hasn't evolved since as someone already mentioned, about DW3. And that was over 10years ago.

Someone argued about some menial platforming or carrying Nami, etc. Each Warriors game has always had a mission or two with that kind of "variety".

What it comes ultimately down to is the fact that you mostly mash Square. Occasionally press triangle or X for a variety of combo. And when you have special you musuo. It has a One Piece skin on it, but its still the same game Koei has been selling to use for the last decade.

5 is average, 6 is above average, and 7 is good. What is wrong with getting that rating?
Gamefaqs are the worst place for discussing rating. A lot of you crying and moan whenever a game YOU bought didn't get a 9+ review.

Is this game fun and enjoyable for its target audience? Yeah. Should they buy it? yeah! Is it so awesome and great that absolutely everyone ever should go out and pre-order and buy day one? Hell the freak NO.

You could say most of that about pretty much every FPS. Except Borderlands....
---
People that end a post with 'discuss' are trash....
#16SlicingWindPosted 10/3/2012 11:43:20 PM
The critics who reviewed this game are honestly pretty dumb. Most of them haven't even watched the show. One of them on metacritic knew absolutely nothing about One Piece and criticized how he was dumbfounded by the wierd story and techniques.
#17keepskate99Posted 10/4/2012 12:37:19 AM
this game is getting low review scores simply because it doesn't deserve to get 8 or 9+ critic score. What's important is how you rate it based on your own judgement. I remember those times where i just look at the box shots of a game on the game cover and read a little description of the game and if i like it, then i'll buy it. I don't care what other people think or say about it as long as i'm having fun with it.

Honestly, i can't give this game a high score since i'm not into mosou games. But i'm a big fan of OP and the adventure log is giving me much satisfaction.
#18JanusesesPosted 10/4/2012 12:55:39 AM
I've never cared about reviews and never will since most of them are just bollocks. And reviewers are reviewing what *they* thought about the game, it doesn't necessarily have to mean YOU will give the game the rating reviewers did.

So I prefer to buy games I think look interesting and let my own opinion of the game surface.

On a similar note, I give Pirate Warriors 10/10.
#19shogunreaperPosted 10/4/2012 9:08:24 AM
Because if you aren't a fan of one piece its very unlikely that you are going to like this game.
#20MuklolPosted 10/5/2012 6:35:07 AM
If I reviewed this game I doubt I would give it more than a 6 honestly. I have never read/watched one piece so I cant say I like or dislike it so that wouldnt really affect the score.

The problems with this game for me is the horrible QTE platforming thats painfully easy and boring as s*it, the game pretty much shows you what to do by changing the camera to the objective, makes you take detours to "discover" how to continue with the main path. This is a really horrible choice if you ask me, giving Luffy a proper jump and more traditional platforming would have been a way better choice if you ask me.

Now the combat is the best part about the game and any musou fan will probably like it, feels good with nice variety in the characters and it has a good flow. Dodge canceling most moves is always a good choice in games like these, now there are some small things I kinda dont like and the lockon camera is probably the biggest thing, its pretty damn bad =P

I am enjoying the game because I'm a big musou fan even though I never really think of the games as great, I wouldnt mind a sequel of this game if they actually changed the platforming.