Gamespot gave this game a 4.0

#1RomangeloPosted 10/5/2012 11:29:44 PM
http://us.gamespot.com/one-piece-pirate-warriors/reviews/one-piece-pirate-warriors-review-6397581/

reviewed by a fat nerdy woman who don't know anything about gaming.
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#2hangten1Posted 10/5/2012 11:37:41 PM
well i think shes a total hotty
---
PSN - hangten1
#3TylerIDPosted 10/6/2012 12:02:22 AM
What on earth's wrong with her... Hasn't played a Dynasty Warriors game, that what!
#4pikmintaroPosted 10/6/2012 12:25:27 AM
Well she is entitled to her opinion, but I don't really care, I've never paid any attention to reviews from big name websites like that, all that matters to me is whether the game is fun to play and entertaining for me.

If I listened to all the reviews from websites like that I would never have given any of my most favorite games a chance!
---
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
#5Romangelo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 7:15:10 AM
pikmintaro posted...
Well she is entitled to her opinion, but I don't really care, I've never paid any attention to reviews from big name websites like that, all that matters to me is whether the game is fun to play and entertaining for me.

If I listened to all the reviews from websites like that I would never have given any of my most favorite games a chance!

well... good for you. but a lot of other people care about review from these sites and it's affect the game selling.

if the game didn't sell so well, we may never have a sequel, or they will not localize the sequel.
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#6egpNoodlezPosted 10/6/2012 7:25:43 AM
I don't see how it affects the game selling.

The game has barely any promotion if any. The only people really buying are One Piece fans, and occassional Musou fans who buy this as filler until the next Dynasty Musou comes out.

Most of these people don't care about review scores at all. Hence why it won't affect sales.

This game isn't going to get a whole new audience to get into One Piece, it's a game for fans.

I'll admit 4/10 is stupid though, but it's GameSpot so they have to rview like they have no clue what they're on about, it's their trademark.
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#7Ryumoau23Posted 10/6/2012 8:50:31 AM
um believe it or not guys, thats not a woman.....
---
24 and bisexual. ^ ^
psn: Ryumoau
#8pokemon_45_79_1Posted 10/6/2012 9:48:18 AM(edited)
Once again they get the wrong reviewer just pull any joe off the street and you would get a better review out of that person.

Right now as a One Piece fan I give the game 9/10 and 90/100, mind you still haven't done everything but it is fun and thats what playing games is about.
---
Ryoma / Sora/ Naruto/ Ginta/ Lan/ luffy
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#903153Posted 10/6/2012 10:25:00 AM
That's an issue with all reviewers for all games not aimed at their audience though, unless they're very good reviewers they'll go completely off personal opinion and not look into the subject at all, it's poor but it happens across the board, it's why there's 'hidden gems' each generation, the original batch of reviewers didn't 'get' the game and end up giving it scores low enough to put off a good portion of players, from that point it takes years and a lot of word of mouth to try and convince people that maybe the game wasn't that bad after all.

That's an example and doesn't entirely relate to this game of course, this'll never be considered a hidden gem, but it may suffer from interested but not convinced gamers turning away due to poor reviews. Nothing we can do about it though, except buy the games ourselves and try to convince others to do the same.
---
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5311/punchue6.gif- arsemonkey
Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era.- The_Stig
#10vondervienerPosted 10/6/2012 12:01:00 PM
Hey Romangelo, i assume your sig is about the the best FF games in your opinion, In which case, i agree with your first choice 100%.